Criticals under Darth Nihilus

The other day I was just playing around with my sith team under a Nihilus lead to counter a barris team. Everything was going quite swimmingly as dooku led the charge. Maul got some nice hits in. Sidious devastated the tanks with a swish....and then palpatine runs in and gets a crit of 20k on barris. Now my first thought is wow, nice one buddy! But then, after little contemplation, I recall that my wrinkled friend here shouldn't be able to flash his yellow numbers at barris when he's being watched by Nihilus. My guess is that the devs worked in Nihilus' leader ability to reduce critical chance to 0 and that my palpatine accidentally benefitted from a mod that specifically gave me extra critical chance. Has anybody else noticed a similar occurance? Am I just missing something because I do not use nihilus as often? Thanks in advance.
《Belief is not Required》

Replies

• Nihilus' leader ability actually increases crit avoidance of the enemy team to 9999.00% when being attacked by a Sith, according to the datamine. Is your Palpatine's crit chance above that?

Could also be that their Barriss had a crit avoidance mod and the two together caused an overflow error.
  • Interesting....no, I highly doubt my Palpatine has a higher critical chance than that. It does make me wonder, however, as I am almost certain this is not supposed to occur.
    《Belief is not Required》
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Maybe a bug with the Empire tag?
  • Palpatines secondary dmg (dealt to shocked and rebel allies) can still crit even under DN lead
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    Perhaps it makes it 0% Physical crit chance, but doesnt do anything vs "Special Critical Chance"
  • Roadburn12 wrote: »
    Palpatines secondary dmg (dealt to shocked and rebel allies) can still crit even under DN lead

Perhaps, but for 20k damage? Surely something doesn't add up there.
    《Belief is not Required》
  • Bhaalor wrote: »
    Perhaps it makes it 0% Physical crit chance, but doesnt do anything vs "Special Critical Chance"

No, swgoh.gg mechanics show that it adjusts both physical and special critical avoidance by 999900%.

Must have been a bug.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    As @StevenFletcher stated instead of setting physical/special crit chance to - 999900%, maybe it they can't, it instead sets the opponent of an attacking sith, during their turn, physical /special crit avoidance/negate to +999900% and then set it back at the the end of the sith turn.
    Problem is at the end of the turn is when EP crackling doom applies so it can crit. Also if dooku counter attacks he can also crit because it is not during his turn.
    If a sith is called to assist a non sith they can also crit then.
    The mechanic to prevent crits with dn lead needs some adjustment.

I have not seen ep crit with his basic under dn lead during his turn. 20k for crackling doom sounds really high. You would need insane offense to get 20k crit from crackling doom.
  • Hmm. Hopefully a dev sees this and can address it.

I should say that I am rounding with the 20k crit. In reality it was more like 18.6k. Still, that is entirely too much for crackling doom. The offence booster under nihilus plus the critical damage of palpatine for his regular would probably be up there, though.
    《Belief is not Required》
  • Red_Madness
    367 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Seen this as well. Palp is the only one I see crit when I set him under a DN lead and for more damage than what crackling doom can do.
    This is a signature.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Hmm. Hopefully a dev sees this and can address it.

I should say that I am rounding with the 20k crit. In reality it was more like 18.6k. Still, that is entirely too much for crackling doom. The offence booster under nihilus plus the critical damage of palpatine for his regular would probably be up there, though.

For cracking doom very little chance for 18K.
    Cracking Doom has damage mulipler of 0.5

If you had 60% offense from Nihilus lead and offense up and 216% crit damage you would need his special damage stat to be at around 6900 to get that much from crackling doom. His base unmodded is 4808 so that ould be adding 2100 offense (special damage) from mods. That would be some crazy offense mods.
  • I actually wish they would correct the EP damage - I'd like to run him in my DN team vs. Rex / GK squads as he heals a crazy amount from all the end of turn damage on all rebels / jedi, but the crits biff the build. Makes him a liability under DN.
  • Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    I actually wish they would correct the EP damage - I'd like to run him in my DN team vs. Rex / GK squads as he heals a crazy amount from all the end of turn damage on all rebels / jedi, but the crits biff the build. Makes him a liability under DN.

Same! Getting savage up to replace palp for my DN squads..
  • Mazurka wrote: »
    I actually wish they would correct the EP damage - I'd like to run him in my DN team vs. Rex / GK squads as he heals a crazy amount from all the end of turn damage on all rebels / jedi, but the crits biff the build. Makes him a liability under DN.

I think Dooku is a must as well. Get 3 prot primaries on him and some good offense mods and he will destroy Rex / 3x cleanse teams. Most memorable win so far is he went 3 v 1 against a full health + some protection Chaze, GK, and Rex (7* G11, all well modded). I'd recommend maxing out the gear on his 11 plate though - it makes a big difference for his survivability and damage. Mine goes about 42k health / prot total and the AI can't do anything with him under DN. Heals per hit are a bit over 5k per. That's on a non-zeta DN leader. He doesn't need to be fast either - mine only goes 209 speed. The basic that can't be countered is awesome vs. GK / Chaze.

I think Dooku is a must as well. Get 3 prot primaries on him and some good offense mods and he will destroy Rex / 3x cleanse teams. Most memorable win so far is he went 3 v 1 against a full health + some protection Chaze, GK, and Rex (7* G11, all well modded). I'd recommend maxing out the gear on his 11 plate though - it makes a big difference for his survivability and damage. Mine goes about 42k health / prot total and the AI can't do anything with him under DN. Heals per hit are a bit over 5k per. That's on a non-zeta DN leader. He doesn't need to be fast either - mine only goes 209 speed. The basic that can't be countered is awesome vs. GK / Chaze.

Haha yea I love dooku, I have him at 42k as well with about 270 speed. I have a zetad nih lead and he shreds. I have to change teams entirely for some people on my server, an unmodded g11 dooku under zih lead can solo teams :p
    Mazurka wrote: »

Haha yea I love dooku, I have him at 42k as well with about 270 speed. I have a zetad nih lead and he shreds. I have to change teams entirely for some people on my server, an unmodded g11 dooku under zih lead can solo teams :p

270! Woof! I have my better speed on other builds as I don't use Dooku primary, just to counter certain teams - but I can imagine the carnage at 270 under a zeta DN. WOW! Hide ya kids, hide ya wife!
  • xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member

Ohbhhh that's a nasty nasty speed

I love DN lead just don't know the band wagoners now lol
  • Just ran DS 8-H to test something. Wanted to see what would happen with Phasma under a DN lead. Had DN, Phasma, Maul, SiT, and Dooku with a borrowed EP. As aspected, when I used Victory March, no one had a critical hit...until I got to EP. When it was his turn, I used Power of the Darkside...and he actually had 2 critical hits.

I couldn't believe it, but it was definitely two yellow damage totals.

Now, was it somehow VM overriding DN's lead, or is EP actually bugged and can crit under DN?
  • Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    Just ran DS 8-H to test something. Wanted to see what would happen with Phasma under a DN lead. Had DN, Phasma, Maul, SiT, and Dooku with a borrowed EP. As aspected, when I used Victory March, no one had a critical hit...until I got to EP. When it was his turn, I used Power of the Darkside...and he actually had 2 critical hits.

Now, was it somehow VM overriding DN's lead, or is EP actually bugged and can crit under DN?
    Ep bugged. I regularly see crits when kenobi calls him to assist
  • I really appreciate everybody here for making this a good faith effort and not another complaining forum post. I'm also glad to see this wasn't over-reported and I was missing something. From here, I am not sure how to best proceed in contacting the devs. At least we have a few players all reporting the same bug.
    《Belief is not Required》
  • Just ran DS 8-H to test something. Wanted to see what would happen with Phasma under a DN lead. Had DN, Phasma, Maul, SiT, and Dooku with a borrowed EP. As aspected, when I used Victory March, no one had a critical hit...until I got to EP. When it was his turn, I used Power of the Darkside...and he actually had 2 critical hits.

Tried the same myself on 9-B, using DN, EP, Vader, Dooku and Kylo, with a borrowed Phasma. First time Palp attacked with advantage, he didn't crit on either attack and the advantage wasn't used up. In a separate encounter, he attacked again with advantage and Crackling Doom got a crit. So I can confirm the bug happens on my device too, but it's erratic.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Just ran DS 8-H to test something. Wanted to see what would happen with Phasma under a DN lead. Had DN, Phasma, Maul, SiT, and Dooku with a borrowed EP. As aspected, when I used Victory March, no one had a critical hit...until I got to EP. When it was his turn, I used Power of the Darkside...and he actually had 2 critical hits.

EP is bugged. His cracking doom can crit. No advantage needed
    xu7I10y.jpg
  • @CG_JohnSalera I don't know about any particular dev so there you go. @CG_CMandellorian