AGI gear challenge, level 3.

So I recently hit level 62 and unlocked the top tier of the various gear challenges. Whilst with the STR and INT gear challenges, I can easily just put my team on auto and dominate the challenge, I find I can't even come close to beating the AGI challenge at top level. This is frustrating as I could really, REALLY use the mk.5 sorusuub keypad salvage parts for levelling my characters. Basically, as soon as Oppress uses his ability, I get shredded by the droids, which I can't take out fast enough, and even if I get a chance to heal, he generally one-shots one of my characters, gets his turn meter back and then takes out the rest.

In terms of my usable characters, I have Consular, Talia and Ima-Gun-Di at maxed or nearly maxed gear/character levels, Aayla Secura and Ugnaught in the level 50-gear 5 range, and most of my other healer/support chars basically suck (I'm belatedly working on farming Phasma but it'll be a long time before I have her at a useful level).

So, any tips? Is there some strategy I can be using, any particular character who owns this challenge, or do I simply need to invest some time into levelling up the characters I have, as well as unlocking/levelling Phasma?

Apologies if this has been done to death already - I'm new to the forums and I skimmed them for similar posts before asking.

Replies

• Kill the bots first, save your heals for after he does his big hit & keep him stunned as much as you can.

Daka rocks in this btw.
  • BentWookie wrote: »
    Kill the bots first, save your heals for after he does his big hit & keep him stunned as much as you can.

Daka rocks in this btw.

Daka is key, without Daka I would almost never beat it. Dooku with attacking the droids quickly and stunning Savage sometimes also helps.
  • BentWookie wrote: »
    Kill the bots first, save your heals for after he does his big hit & keep him stunned as much as you can.

Daka rocks in this btw.

Thanks - though those are basically the tactics I've been using and I still get owned - guess I need to do some levelling, and maybe get both Phasma and Daka. If only Lumi was classed as a healer if be fine! Curse my noobish self for spending all my early Cantina credits on Boba f'n Fett!

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I do this with autopilot. My approach is to stunlock him. I use Daka, Ventress, and Poggle (for ability block), plus HK47's meatbag mayhem. Phasma's slow is grest as well. He never uses the AOE vs me

If you can't stunlock him you need to kill the drones first, and use as msny healers se you can to quickly recover from the AOE
  • I use JC, Talia, Dooku, Cad Bane and Tarkin. Tarkin helps with his turn meter steal, cad and dooku to stun the bots and Talia/JC handle the heals. Couple lucky (or unlucky since they are only good for this challenge) chrome pulls but I win this challenge 99%.
  • Haha, well all these strategies seem to depend mostly on characters I either haven't unlocked, or have at about level 4 with no gear! Guess I just dedicate my next couple of weeks and all my various in-game currency to building a team that can do this challenge.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Haha, well all these strategies seem to depend mostly on characters I either haven't unlocked, or have at about level 4 with no gear! Guess I just dedicate my next couple of weeks and all my various in-game currency to building a team that can do this challenge.
    or just focus fire the droids and use a pair of healers
  • I use Phasma, Talia, JC, Poggle, Ewok Elder.

Can't set it to auto because you need to knock out the support droids first.

I have Daka, have used her here in the past, but the current lineup ends it quicker.

Basically take all the healers you can and if possible, don't use them until AoE.
  • Cad Bane is the lovemaker for this challenge, Stun him first round kill of droids, GG ;)
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I'm not sure how much you know about how this works, so a brief guide.

Two key mechanisms:
    - Oppress occasionally jumps and knocks your guys down to 1 HP.
    - Oppress takes tons of extra damage any time he has any sort of debuff on him

In Tier 1 the first thing doesn't matter because the droids sit there. Above that, they shoot back, usually after he jumps, so 2 characters die. Solution: kill the droids before he jumps. You should be able to do that.
    Second issue, you want to get debuffs on him as quickly and often as possible:
    - Stuns are best because they are stuns... you whack him and he has to sit and take it.
    - Talia's DOT special is often used for this because everyone has her. But at Tier 3 it may take too long to kill him and it may wear off. But try it at least. Tip: Try to apply it when his blue bar is low for maximum mileage.
    - Phasma's AoE works for this but may be resisted.
    You can also just "brute force" through this with lots of healing. He knocks off a chunk of his health also when he jumps. Just heal up so you don't lose guys when he does his regular attack, and keep at it.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Thanks all and thanks especially to Qeltar for the guide - I wasn't aware that any random debuff made Oppress take extra damage so that helps. I think I still need to do some levelling as currently, Oppress one-hit kills some of my characters even when they've just been healed, but with the advice I've got here I should be acing this challenge before too long.
  • I use Dooku and Ventress in this challenge and they stun Opress pretty reliably. As long as you stun him even just once he is then out of sync with the droids (they won't attack as soon as he does his ability) I also use Poggle for this challenge as his offence buff helps out ALOT.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    I didnt mention it because I thought you alresdy knew, but one of the adventages of stunlocking-ability blocking him with ventress-daka-poggle is that he receives much more damage while debuffed
  • The thing with Ventress/Poggle/Daka is that I have... none of them. Yeah, I made some less than stellar choices in terms of the characters I unlocked/levelled early on. Working on it now but it'll take a little time :(
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    I actually auto this challenge now. I say that not to brag, just so you know that it does get easier. :)
    Farm Daka when you get a chance. She's great in a lot of ways.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • I use Daka, Poggle, and Dooku with HK-47 and JC. I tend to stun him pretty frequently. Obviously taking out the droids first is the key and healing after his big move. I'm level 67 and this is still the only challenge I can't run on Auto (and the attackers challenge if I take Vader with me, he dispels and gets my whole squad one-shotted while auto'ing)
  • Use toons that can give him neg. effects.

Bring Talia and 1 healer.

Don't auto

Save ALL your debuffing specials for Savage.

Kill droids 1st one at a time.

If he specials you to no life then pop 1 heal, not both.

Unload your AOE debuffs if you can kill the last droid within 1-2 shots of the AOE debuff. If not kill 2nd droid then debuff Savage.

At that point keep attacking, debuffing, 1-healing always trying to keep Talia or 1 heal ready.

I beat him 99% of tume with Phasma JC Talia Lobot HK47....

• JWH
    138 posts Member
    QGJ, JC, Barriss, Talia and Daka. Pro team. Kill bots and let loose on Sauvage. Save your heals!
  • Star up JC so he can heal better, getting daka and phasma help alot , u either have to stun him or kill those bots fast or slow some of em so they don't attack consecutively. I use phasma, daka, jc, talia and ventress and most of the time i can just auto it.