Make Chewbacca just "Chewbacca"

Copes
36 posts Member
I never understood why Chewie is "Clone Wars Chewbacca". I mean, his presence and abilities from Episode 3 to Episode 7 are never significantly different. With this in mind, the Chewbacca we have in game can fit any era.

Could Chewie use some buffs? Definitely. I'd love to see some Han Solo synergy as well. However, I think the best thing they can do for Chewie right now is to simply rebrand him, and give him some tags. If he keeps his Scoundrel tag (which he is when he is with Han between Episode 3 and 4) and then is given a Rebel tag (Episode 5 and 6) and a Resistance tag (Episode 7) then he becomes viable. Not necessarily in arena, but as a general use character that can help people fill out rosters for a variety of farming requirements.

It's nice to have characters that can fit into multiple squads. Chewbacca is a great example of a character that has remained the same over the course of the movies, yet his affiliations have changed as time has passed. Give him some tags to reflect this, which will subsequently make him a bit more worthy of investment.