Is Poggle's Leader Ability Useless?

From what I've seen It doesn't stack with Offence Up, which is the only reason to use Poggle. Is his leader ability is broken? I rarely see a 25% increase in Droid and Geonesian damage. Can anyone confirm or deny this? Thanks.

Replies

• Options
    From what I've seen It doesn't stack with Offence Up, which is the only reason to use Poggle. Is his leader ability is broken? I rarely see a 25% increase in Droid and Geonesian damage. Can anyone confirm or deny this? Thanks.

That is a flat increase in damage before any Offense Up.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I'll test this tomorrow
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    J7000 wrote: »
    I'll test this tomorrow
    If you do, can you please test also if it works with IG88 adaptative algorythm, @J7000 ?
  • Options
    I definitely notice a difference when I run my droid/Geo team with Poggle as leader in arena v when I use them with Barriss/Lumi as leader in GW. The difficulty is tracking the difference in arena and still finishing the battle in under 5 minutes.
  • Options
    I use Poggle and he turns a lot of my heroes into a one hitter.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Triqui wrote: »
    I'll test this tomorrow
    If you do, can you please test also if it works with IG88 adaptative algorythm, @J7000 ?

Yeah I should be able to use the challenges to test depending on the challenges we get
  • oTradeMark
    393 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    From my understanding, passive bonuses do stack with positive status effects, however duplicate positive status effects do not stack.

For example, 25% Offensive Bonus to Geonosian/Droids will stack with Offense Up Status Effect. However Offense Up from Poggle will not stack with Offense Up from Qui-Gon for dual offense.

Similarly, Darth Sidious crit %/dmg bonus leader ability will stack with Boba or IG-88 Crit DMG bonus leader ability when borrowing an allies leader, however something like Luke's passive crit chance up will not stack with Princess Leia's crit chance up.

So yes, Poggle is beneficial to Droid/Geo teams for both his leader ability and offense up ability.

Disclaimer: This is based on conversations with my guild who have tested leader ability values and synergy with certain characters. I myself have not specifically tested Leader Abilities stacking with Positive Status Effects.
    GamingUpgrade.com - Gaming Guides | oTradeMark - YouTube Channel | Team iNstinct - Guild
  • Options

That is a flat increase in damage before any Offense Up.

I understand thats how it’s supposed to work, however I’m not seeing a 25% between my GS (w/ Poggle Lead) and the opposing team’s GS (w/o Poggle Lead) in terms of damage. Both are maxed LvL 70, gear 9 etc. There might be a slight increase, but no where near 25%. This is in Arena BTW.
  • Options
    I'll test this tomorrow

Thanks.
  • Options
    I definitely notice a difference when I run my droid/Geo team with Poggle as leader in arena v when I use them with Barriss/Lumi as leader in GW. The difficulty is tracking the difference in arena and still finishing the battle in under 5 minutes.

If you have a droid/geo team it should be no problem ;)
  • Options
    oTradeMark wrote: »
    From my understanding, passive bonuses do stack with positive status effects, however duplicate positive status effects do not stack.

For example, 25% Offensive Bonus to Geonosian/Droids will stack with Offense Up Status Effect. However Offense Up from Poggle will not stack with Offense Up from Qui-Gon for dual offense.

Similarly, Darth Sidious crit %/dmg bonus leader ability will stack with Boba or IG-88 Crit DMG bonus leader ability when borrowing an allies leader, however something like Luke's passive crit chance up will not stack with Princess Leia's crit chance up.

So yes, Poggle is beneficial to Droid/Geo teams for both his leader ability and offense up ability.

Disclaimer: This is based on conversations with my guild who have tested leader ability values and synergy with certain characters. I myself have not specifically tested Leader Abilities stacking with Positive Status Effects.

In theory this is perfectly valid and makes complete sense. However, in practice I’m not seeing that additional 25%.

For instance, my opponents Geo hits for ~4700 raw and ~7000 with it’s passive Offence Up. Therefore, in theory my Geo should hit for ~5900 raw and ~8750 with Offence Up. However, this doesn’t seem to be the case. Maybe I’m going crazy :D
  • Options
    Hi folks,
    In a related question, who is generally the better leader, Poggle or HK-47 in a group with IG88/86 and Geo? I have both leaders at the same level (4, I'm still reasonably new) and wondered which direction I should go long term?
    Opinions are appreciated.
  • Options
    Gwonk wrote: »
    Hi folks,
    In a related question, who is generally the better leader, Poggle or HK-47 in a group with IG88/86 and Geo? I have both leaders at the same level (4, I'm still reasonably new) and wondered which direction I should go long term?
    Opinions are appreciated.

I prefer Poggle (L), Poe (to protect squishy droids), IG-88, IG-86 and Geo. Not sure how effective this is at lower levels but at 70 it's very potent.
  • Options
    Majority of droid teams in my leaderboard use Poggle lead as of now. I still use did because I never really starred GS...4* and he'll be that way for a while at least. HK has been dropped from a lot of the top teams. For reference... I finished 3rd today.
  • oTradeMark
    393 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Gwonk wrote: »
    In theory this is perfectly valid and makes complete sense. However, in practice I’m not seeing that additional 25%.

For instance, my opponents Geo hits for ~4700 raw and ~7000 with it’s passive Offence Up. Therefore, in theory my Geo should hit for ~5900 raw and ~8750 with Offence Up. However, this doesn’t seem to be the case. Maybe I’m going crazy :D

I wouldn't use your opponent's GS value as you don't know their exact gear. Instead I would record the attack values on your opponent when using Poggle leader and then in 10 minutes attack the same opponent in Arena with a non-offensive leader like Lumi or something and try to attack the same characters on the opponents team. See if there is a significant decrease. I would do it for you but I don't have a Poggle to test it with. I run Sid/GS/QGJ/Poe/Lumi for my team.

Keep in mind that I'm pretty sure Geo Soldier's offense up damage from his basic attack applies on the same attack that triggers it. So Geo's offense up and Poggle's offense up would not stack for that single attack. But an offense up basic attack without Poggle as leader should result in ~25% decrease in damage.
    GamingUpgrade.com - Gaming Guides | oTradeMark - YouTube Channel | Team iNstinct - Guild
  • Options
    Poggle scared me until I faced a team with him.

He is a one trick pony, easy to counter.. And even if he *does* get his shot off it's not over by far.
    Ergo..
    He is not worth 1/5th of the team, there are much better choices.

That's just my opinion though.