---Removing older verbiage - I'll use this thread to put a bit of a historical log and commentary from the meta report on gg and update each Saturday if I can as long as it's fun.
It's been interesting to watch this squad climb up from 12% usage a few weeks ago to now representing over 1/3 of all #1 teams on the site. That's pretty high.
EDIT: This is not intended to be a nerf DM / who's really meta regurgitated thread. Just curious where things currently lie in relation to the history of the game for perspective.
EDIT @ 4/16 - 3x cleanse Rex lead + DN squad now up to 39%
EDIT @ 4/17 - Now up to 41%
EDIT @ 4/22 - 3x cleanse + DN squad now up to 46% ... Rex lead at 36% to zDM's 42%...so zDM holding steady as Rex is taking share away from other leads. Also notable - DN usage in all #1 squads is at 74%! That probably will continue to go up.
EDIT @ 4/29 - zDM continues to lose support, although slowly. Leadership usage now down to 40% for DM - his low since becoming elite - Rex holding steady at 36% from the last update on 4/22. Still no notable 3rd leader - everything else 4% or less.
Other notable items:
- 3x cleanse / DN team usage % up to 62% as a specific individual team. A whopping leap from 4/22 when it was at 46%! I'm honestly not 100% sure what that means given the # of teams and the percentages not totaling to 100%, but the relative comparison with the next closest team at 18% is impressive. Also, moving from 46% to 62% - clearly a big trend in favor of that team's usage. I have 5 of this specific setup in my top 15 currently.
- DN is now up to 75% usage in all squads - a modest 1 percentage point bump from 4/22...that's a really high usage.
- GK is putting some distance between him and Maul ...47% usage for GK vs. 41% for DM
- Rex is scarcely used as a non-leader....of the 797 Rex used in #1 squads, 765 are as a leader (96%)
- EP's usage of 39% marks the first time I can recall him under 40% - he's definitely slipping in favor of other toons....good ole Rex has almost passed the Emperor
- Going to keep an eye on Chaze in this as well...he's at 36/35% (Baze / Chirrut) usage. I assume this will only go up over time as the own / build rate for Chaze across the game population increases.
zDM's slump continues and expectation is for that trend to sustain going forward. Leader usage now down to 35%. Rex's up to 40%, so Rex continues to take share from zDM. Rex may pop up a bit more, but as zDM fades away I think we will spread to some other leaders gradually. DN lead, as it should, seems to be gaining a bit of steam as it settles in to 3rd at 4%, passing zQGJ just barely. Possibly some former zDM users saw the easy conversion to a DN squad and went that route. Regardless, he's a solid lead in a well built team - just don't fight Vader leads
Also as expected, Chaze has now passed zDM in general character usage. Baze and Chirrut are at 39/38% usage respectively, with Maul at 36%. DN still leads in overall usage at 76%, but that's down from a 78% number I saw at his peak. I believe some R2 / pure LS squads may lessen his usage to a degree going forward. We will see - he's still really strong generally. GK stands strong in usage at 48%, currently 2nd place ahead of Rex at 42%. As mentioned above, it's Chaze rounding out the top 5. Actually just noticed...that's your 3x cleanse / DN elite meta squad right there.
And.....BEEP BOOP BOP...our little droid R2 D2 enters the report at 8% character usage overall- pretty impressive debut and that # is surely going to go up in the coming weeks. I'd set the over / under on R2's normal run-rate usage at 35%. I'd think 25% at a min - he's strong, but we will see. He's got upside to push with his wide versatility and great skill set.
Team wise, the 3x cleanse / DN squad is still far and away #1, but the % is down a bit at 59% (309 count) - seems it lost some steam in favor of a Rex / Chaze / Kylo / DN version. Next closest Maul team is at 17% - zDM, Savagae, EP, DN, SA. The highest squad featuring R2 is at 5% (26 count) and features Rex L, Chaze, R2 and DN.