GG META Report Update - Highest Single Team Usage % on gg Ever?

Replies

• Options
    scuba wrote: »
    Vice_torn wrote: »
    I you are confused:
    36% of rank 1 teams are Rex lead.
    62% of rank 1 teams are Rex · GK · Chirrut · Baze · Darth Nihilus

First off that is not possible...

I think the Meta report actually means....

62% of ***REX LEAD*** rank 1 teams are Rex · GK · Chirrut · Baze · Darth Nihilus

Meaning
    (36%*62%)=22% of rank 1 teams are Rex · GK · Chirrut · Baze · Darth Nihilus

Actually above does not jive with the numbers posted. 765 Rex lead teams 303 of the above squad=40% of Rex squads....

Op already stated the numbers don't match up right. Not sure who runs the site but that is probably the only person that can shed light on what the hell is going on with the percentages. It could be something to do with that about every hour data is resynced as payouts end. Again not sure but the % are definitely off.

Not the person who runs the chart, but I think it comes down into number counts in the chart. 765 of rank 1 players use Rex lead, which comes out to 37% percentage of the leaders that are on that table. 303 rank 1 players use that specific Rex/triple cleanse comp, which comes out to 62% of all players on that chart. The percentage is limited because it only counts what can fit on the chart, and can only fit the most common teams in there. If I manage to hit number #1 with zQGJ, Kanan, Ezra, kenobi, ahsoka (just an example) and sync my team, it would not count as a number towards that percentage because it's not a common enough team to be listed on that chart.

Hope that makes sense to you.
  • Options
    I you are confused:

62% of ***REX LEAD*** rank 1 teams are Rex · GK · Chirrut · Baze · Darth Nihilus

Meaning

Actually above does not jive with the numbers posted. 765 Rex lead teams 303 of the above squad=40% of Rex squads....

Op already stated the numbers don't match up right. Not sure who runs the site but that is probably the only person that can shed light on what the hell is going on with the percentages. It could be something to do with that about every hour data is resynced as payouts end. Again not sure but the % are definitely off.

Not the person who runs the chart, but I think it comes down into number counts in the chart. 765 of rank 1 players use Rex lead, which comes out to 37% percentage of the leaders that are on that table. 303 rank 1 players use that specific Rex/triple cleanse comp, which comes out to 62% of all players on that chart. The percentage is limited because it only counts what can fit on the chart, and can only fit the most common teams in there. If I manage to hit number #1 with zQGJ, Kanan, Ezra, kenobi, ahsoka (just an example) and sync my team, it would not count as a number towards that percentage because it's not a common enough team to be listed on that chart.

Why is this is so hard for people to understand.....
  • Options
    Good job OP, I love the edits. Keep it up :)
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    14 clone sarge leads @ #1
    that's more than palpi (10) and phasma (12). new meta incomming; the leader abilityless leaders!
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    14 clone sarge leads @ #1
    that's more than palpi (10) and phasma (12). new meta incomming; the leader abilityless leaders!

probably those new shards with new players that have no idea what a leader ability is or how it affects the rest of their team, although it's pretty hilarious that sarge has higher numbers than a palp or even a phasma lead, where those phasma leads are most likely zeta FO teams. :D
    https://swgoh.gg/u/wolffe/

I 7* FOTP without using any energy refreshes, get on my level
  • Options
    I you are confused:

Meaning

Nope - still lost.

1. The other chart for leaders the %s all total to 100% in the data below even if they all don't display in the chart - so that's an inconsistency
    2. The squad percentages total to well over 200% - and not even all the squads are displayed in the data -

The Rex / Cleanse squad at 62% with 303 being the value, is being divided by 489....where is the value of 489 coming from?

• Options
    Rex and Maul lead are both annoying.

I look forward to things changing.

Agreed
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    I you are confused:

Meaning

No it doesn't

The data is based on 2067 synced accounts
    UFHiW7F.jpg
    This number changes as you change you selection from rank 1 to rank 1-10 and rank 1-100

There is a total of 1106 squads in the rank 1 squad list table
    303 are using the Rex triple cleanse listed as 62%.
    Well 303/489 = 62%
    That means that the 303 is not even 62% of the squads that are listed. It is only
    303/1106 = 27%

So if there are actually more squads used that aren't listed it would be even lower than 27% because you would adding to the base of 1106

Also as was mentioned if you total up the % it currently is 223%

Also zeta Maul, dn, sass +2 is 69%

So where the hell is the 62% coming from.
  • Options
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    I you are confused:

Meaning

Why is this is so hard for people to understand.....

Even though this 'why' question doesn't deserve a response, I'll answer anyway. Because the numbers don't add up. A

See posts above from johnysteelalpha & scuba.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    I you are confused:

Meaning

No it doesn't

UFHiW7F.jpg
    This number changes as you change you selection from rank 1 to rank 1-10 and rank 1-100

Well 303/489 = 62%
    That means that the 303 is not even 62% of the squads that are listed. It is only
    303/1106 = 27%

So if there are actually more squads used that aren't listed it would be even lower than 27% because you would adding to the base of 1106

If you add up all the visible Rex squads on the list (62%+14%+etc), it adds up to about 101%. Maul squads add up to 105%. Accounting for rounding errors, both of those might've been intended to add to 100%, meaning that the shown percentages would just be the percentage occurrence of that squad for that particular leader.

Of course, that doesn't explain why there's 765 Rex squads in the leader report but only about 450 in the squad report.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Zooey wrote: »
    I you are confused:

Meaning

No it doesn't

UFHiW7F.jpg

Well 303/489 = 62%
    303/1106 = 27%

If you add up all the visible Rex squads on the list (62%+14%+etc), it adds up to about 101%. Maul squads add up to 105%. Accounting for rounding errors, both of those might've been intended to add to 100%, meaning that the shown percentages would just be the percentage occurrence of that squad for that particular leader.

Of course, that doesn't explain why there's 765 Rex squads in the leader report but only about 450 in the squad report.

Yeah the numbers just don't work.
  • Options
    5/6/17 BUMP

zDM's slump continues and expectation is for that trend to sustain going forward. Leader usage now down to 35%. Rex's up to 40%, so Rex continues to take share from zDM. Rex may pop up a bit more, but as zDM fades away I think we will spread to some other leaders gradually. DN lead, as it should, seems to be gaining a bit of steam as it settles in to 3rd at 4%, passing zQGJ just barely. Possibly some former zDM users saw the easy conversion to a DN squad and went that route. Regardless, he's a solid lead in a well built team - just don't fight Vader leads :)

Also as expected, Chaze has now passed zDM in general character usage. Baze and Chirrut are at 39/38% usage respectively, with Maul at 36%. DN still leads in overall usage at 76%, but that's down from a 78% number I saw at his peak. I believe some R2 / pure LS squads may lessen his usage to a degree going forward. We will see - he's still really strong generally. GK stands strong in usage at 48%, currently 2nd place ahead of Rex at 42%. As mentioned above, it's Chaze rounding out the top 5. Actually just noticed...that's your 3x cleanse / DN elite meta squad right there.

And.....BEEP BOOP BOP...our little droid R2 D2 enters the report at 8% character usage overall- pretty impressive debut and that # is surely going to go up in the coming weeks. I'd set the over / under on R2's normal run-rate usage at 35%. I'd think 25% at a min - he's strong, but we will see. He's got upside to push with his wide versatility and great skill set.

Team wise, the 3x cleanse / DN squad is still far and away #1, but the % is down a bit at 59% (309 count) - seems it lost some steam in favor of a Rex / Chaze / Kylo / DN version. Next closest Maul team is at 17% - zDM, Savagae, EP, DN, SA. The highest squad featuring R2 is at 5% (26 count) and features Rex L, Chaze, R2 and DN.
  • coeuss
    216 posts Member
    Options
    I really liked seeing the stats change over time. My shard is seeing some increased variety, but still largely Rex and zDM lead. The composition is changing, and I am seeing some teams like zeta R1 and others.
  • Options
    Been watching all morning, and have seen only 3 Zaul(L) teams in top 20 at any given time.
  • Options
    Top 20 leads
    8 Rex
    3 maul
    3 Jyn Erso
    2 Zihilus
    1 phasma
    1 finn
    1 qgj
    1 vader
  • Darthpippa
    521 posts Member
    Options
    I do enjoy this thread and have to ask... @JohnnySteelAlpha are you a weather man in real life ?
  • Options
    Top 20 leads
    8 Rex
    3 maul
    3 Jyn Erso
    2 Zihilus
    1 phasma
    1 finn
    1 qgj
    1 vader

Are those 3 Jyn leads with R2 / Chaze combos? That seems to be a solid Chaze / R2 leader. Your board is pretty diverse.
  • Options
    Top 20 leads
    8 Rex
    3 maul
    3 Jyn Erso
    2 Zihilus
    1 phasma
    1 finn
    1 qgj
    1 vader

Are those 3 Jyn leads with R2 / Chaze combos? That seems to be a solid Chaze / R2 leader. Your board is pretty diverse.

2 of the jyn leads have R2, but they're still dialing em in, toons & mods, etc.
  • Options
    Darthpippa wrote: »
    I do enjoy this thread and have to ask... @JohnnySteelAlpha are you a weather man in real life ?

:) Nope.
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    Options
    The forecast continues to be Rexy with a 36% chance of Maul.
  • Options
    Darthpippa wrote: »

:) Nope.

you should be !
  • Options
    5/15 bump - Monday Edition since weekend was busy with Mother's Day! Hope all the moms out there had a great weekend! :)

Pretty big changes are afoot in the Galaxy of Heroes....

Headlines & Hot Takes:
    - R2MFD2....less than 2 weeks old and not an easy gear for many, the little droid cracks in the top 10 (#10) in character usage, passing Sith Assassin, Boba, and Vader at 19% usage. Definitely see R2 pushing to #6 most used eventually, moving past Kylo, Savage, and EP. This one will be fun to watch. He's already had a tremendous impact on the game and has actually brought back WIGGS to a degree - Wedge is the big winner in leader usage trend this week as noted below and that's all due to R2D2
    - 3x Cleanse is still far and away your most used individual comp
    - The components of 3x cleanse (DN, GK, Chaze, Rex) comprise your top 5 most used characters and the dropoff from them to zDM is getting very large (43% vs. 28%) - the game is opening up a chasm in terms of tiered character usage
    - Rex leader usage is actually UP from last week at 42% (vs. 40% last week) - so even as DM plummets in to oblivion (down to 28% from 36% last week) Rex is GAINING share! Never doubt THE REX - he's been breaking backs for over a year now. Farm that man!
    - Pure dark side is really on the ropes here - they are in terrible need of a strong Tarkin rework, a Thrawn release, or....I don't know :) If Luke's arrival is upon us.....turn out the lights...the party's over!

Arena Leaders:
    - zDM continues his hard slide, now down to 28% usage - he's losing support daily and this number probably goes below 10% at some point not too long from now
    - Rex is maintaining and modestly gaining support even as zDM fades away in to eventual irrelevance
    - WEDGE!!! Yes, his orange pajama pants are back! His trend is on a huge uptick at the moment, going from irrelevance in the past months to the clear #3 leader at 7% usage. No other lead under the zDM / Rex era has been able to crack 5% that I've noticed, which is where DN and Jinn are currently. Absolutely Wedge is a direct benefactor of R2 and the huge stat push and smoke screen ability.

Rank 1 Squad Comp
    - 3x Cleanse + DN is still far and away the #1 overall comp at 336 counts / 64%...those numbers are actually UP from last week, so this team is still pushing up
    - zDM squad is 2nd at 85 counts / 16%
    - Rex led squads make up 3 of the top 4 builds
    - The top non-Rex / zDM lead is a wedge comp with GK / R2 and Chaze - 55 counts and 11% - 6th most popular overall
    - R2 impact: 4 of the 10 most popular individual builds have R2 in the team - huge impact from R2

Character Usage
    - DN still far and away #1 used character at 76% - his support has held above 75% for weeks now
    - GK holding strong at 51% usage - steady from last week
    - CHAZE - as expected, the dynamic duo continue to gain usage and are up to 44/43% compared to 39/38% last week. This number has potential to go much higher, but is just restrained to the extent more players can readily farm / build the duo, but this usage rate I would expect to get over 50% easily with legit upside even after 50%. These guys are solidly above the remainder of the roster and any player really serious about ranking 1 for now and in the long-term would do well to have them farmed and built.
    - Rex rounds out the top 5 at 43% usage tied with Chirrut
    - Your 6-10 are Maul, EP, Kylo, Savage and.....R2!!!! Impressive TOP 10 standing for the droid that's less than 2 weeks old. Already blew past superstars like Sith Assassin, Boba, and Darth Vader!!! Wow - huge release right there and for free to a large % of the playerbase.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Not surprised about the Darth Nihilus usage. He is an easy button.
  • DarthApok
    277 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I started running zDM, DN, B2, Chaze and it's a great team. Baze can take all the blows, Chirrut to cleanse all the debuffs, B2 clears all the buffs while Maul & Nihilus do their thing. I think defensively B2 is an easy target though which limits his usefulness but offensively it works well against any team.
  • Options
    Keep this thread alive always.
  • Options
    Not surprised about the Darth Nihilus usage. He is an easy button.

I agree, but I'll say this - without an elite tier taunter like GK or Chaze he's kinda dead weight with low damage to start out IF damage early in the battle is critical. I'm trying to stay 100% dark side - so that means no GK, no R2, no Rex, and no Chaze. Leaves me with Sith Trooper, Stormtrooper and Shore as better taunts. Now, vs, Chaze / R2 / GK that doesn't cut it too well as far as keeping DN safe. Vs. the current GK / R2 / Chaze version I'm seeing where GK is the leader and DN is the 5th, I actually dropped DN because he didn't really add to the team I eventually found success with: zDV leader, SA, SiTr, DT, and EP.

Using zDV leader to apply dots / debufs that prevent ten up, SA to give TM push and proc Trooper taunt, DT for aoe dispel on all the buffs / smoke screen and to double tap Baze as a rebel and EP for anti-rebel / jedi damage and shock. GK / Chirrut use their cleanses right away and I just stay focused on Baze - between SA, DV, EP, and DT I'm just blowing Baze off the screen first. It's unbelievable. With the TM pin from zDV he's often not even getting a turn before he's dead.

So back to DN...yes he is easy button if you have all the tanks and elite taunts to hide him and string the match out until he's loaded. In that squad I can't pull him for Trooper as I need a taunt - EP does way better damage overall as an attacker - zDV is the lead - DT is critical for the buff removal and pinning Baze - and SA is critical for the TM push early on and throughout the match along with big time damage / stuns.
  • Broulan
    374 posts Member
    Options
    So back to DN...yes he is easy button if you have all the tanks and elite taunts to hide him and string the match out until he's loaded. In that squad I can't pull him for Trooper as I need a taunt - EP does way better damage overall as an attacker - zDV is the lead - DT is critical for the buff removal and pinning Baze - and SA is critical for the TM push early on and throughout the match along with big time damage / stuns.

DN's useage goes down as you go to the 1-10 (60% roughly) and 1-100 (37%-EP actually surpasses him!), but the fact that he's in at 74% of all teams at #1 really shows you how much this one toon IS the meta. It hasn't really changed much as the Maul meta gave way to Rex-its just a new way to protect him with the introduction of R2D2...

Protect Nihilus, however you can! (I like the toon, but I do find this one particular part of the meta incredibly boring...)
  • Options
    Broulan wrote: »

DN's useage goes down as you go to the 1-10 (60% roughly) and 1-100 (37%-EP actually surpasses him!), but the fact that he's in at 74% of all teams at #1 really shows you how much this one toon IS the meta. It hasn't really changed much as the Maul meta gave way to Rex-its just a new way to protect him with the introduction of R2D2...

Protect Nihilus, however you can! (I like the toon, but I do find this one particular part of the meta incredibly boring...)

The difference between DN and Chaze, and the reason why he isn't the meta, is that he is to dependent of his companions, while Chaze, just like Zaul or Wiggs in their time,are great on their on. True Zaul is also a gimmick, but that is another discussion. Throw DN with Chaze and Rex or a good Zaul team and he is absolutely great. Put him in a team outside top 200 and in most cases he will die before he accomplishes anything. While if you put Chaze in a team that struggled to remain in top 500 they will guaranteed climb at least to top 200. Boba is actually a better alternative for DN in weaker teams. That is also the reason for the discrepancy in usage for different rankings.
  • Skarcha
    115 posts Member
    Options
    So im not top50 cause i miss DN event...

Great thread! Please keep this meta report updated!
    Thkns
  • Broulan
    374 posts Member
    Options
    Broulan wrote: »

The difference between DN and Chaze, and the reason why he isn't the meta, is that he is to dependent of his companions, while Chaze, just like Zaul or Wiggs in their time,are great on their on. True Zaul is also a gimmick, but that is another discussion. Throw DN with Chaze and Rex or a good Zaul team and he is absolutely great. Put him in a team outside top 200 and in most cases he will die before he accomplishes anything. While if you put Chaze in a team that struggled to remain in top 500 they will guaranteed climb at least to top 200. Boba is actually a better alternative for DN in weaker teams. That is also the reason for the discrepancy in usage for different rankings.

That's true, but the zaul meta was the same thing-everyone used DN in their zaul team as well. Triple cleanse is just a new way to do it.