GG META Report Update - Highest Single Team Usage % on gg Ever?

12345679Next

Replies

• Can you start a report on the ships meta too? I expect some big changes in the next 6 months!

Let me check and see if that feature is planning to be added to the .GG website, that'd be interesting to see the change. At some point people will stop using biggs / Tie / TFP and Thrawn right? :)
  • Thank you for the time you put into this thread. It is my favorite one to follow.

Thanks! I'll try to update it a bit more frequntly or if we have another notable meta shift.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Who is this guy?
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    2/25/19 BUMP .... about 7 months from the last update.

Top leaders in Jan 18: RJT 40% CLS 29% Talzin 7% GK 6% and Rex 5%
    Top leaders in Jul 18(last update): EP: 46% CLS: 15% RJT: 10% Traya: 5.1% Vader: 5% Rex: 4.9%

Today's top leaders (do we bother making this plural??): JKRevan: 87% Traya: 7%

Well ... that's by far the most one-sided meta in the game's history as tracked on https://swgoh.gg/meta-report/. Nearly 90% in a game as mature as this takes some effort and shows how incredibly overpowered Revan's kit is. One single squad (JKR, JB, Bastilla, GK, GMY) makes up 69% of the top teams used to achieve rank 1. The next highest single team usage is HY in place of Bastilla at 7% of all team composition types. 7 of the top 10 composition team types in the game involve Revan leads, with Ezra and Chewy popping in various versions of Revan squads.

Characters

Top 10 Characters used in July 18 (hi to low):
    EP, DV, Thrawn, Nihilius, Sion, CLS, R2, Traya, Raid Han, Tarkin (RJT and GK were just outside the top 10)

Top 10 characters today (hi to low):
    GMY, Revan, Jolee, GK, Bastilla, Hermit Yoda, Chewy, Thrawn, DN, Sion, Traya (Traya is 11th but nearly same usage as the other two TRI)

Massive shakeup here - introduction of Revan pushed Jedi to the forefront, specifically the OR Jedi. The GMY rework also showed itself as incredibly powerful.

WINNERS

No surprise here, but Revan is your big winner along with GMY. GK took a huge leap in usage from the prior update that had him buried on the bench from OP Dark Side / Sith debuffs (fracture, shock, isolate). Sith went from owning the meta to being relegated to a counter squad.

LOSERS

The balance of the game except for Revan. Players that have to fight the same mirror match, which can be lengthy and a mucky slog even in a win.

My expectation going forward is another wave of Revan / Darth Gamorrean Guard, though I think it will be more on par with JKR and a bit less dominant. I could be very wrong here, but I don't see the next iteration of Revan being this good, primary because the current Revan is so dominant. We shall see.
  • Im curious if we're going to see a mass exodus of older players once they release darth gamorrean. I think the playerbase may have finally reached the point where theyre fed up with power creep