How to fix FO and make them more relevant

FO is arguably the hardest squad to put together as it requires 2 hard node farms and 4 zetas. The reward for doing this? A mediocre team that gets steam rolled on defense.

FO could be made to be the dominate team that it should be by simply tweaking First Order Officer a little. Give FOO tenacity up at the start of the match and allow Marching Orders to do a full team cleanse rather than just the targeted ally. Then program the AI to always use that ability first. This would fix FO's terrible defense without making them op by any means. A team with 4 zetas should be much more formidable than they are.

Replies

• you know i can agree with that it does make sense to do that and also what i'd do is give kylo a leader ability because technically is above captain phasma and then after that either add another FO character or buff the FO stormtrooper a lot so you can have a fully viable FO team
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Couldn't you just try running Rex instead of FOO? Also, technically Kylo isn't even FO.
  • Olga wrote: »
    Couldn't you just try running Rex instead of FOO? Also, technically Kylo isn't even FO.
    we're talking about making a team that isn't the same stuff we see over and over (rex, wiggs, chaze etc.)

• Kivoku
    190 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    FOO is the most important person on a FO team besides phasma for the leader ability. He gives massive single target TM, tenacity up, offense up, single cleanse, cooldown reduction, enemy TM reduction, team TM boost and gets those ever important assists. I really don't think that he is replaceable with Rex, who provides no synergy, and would still likely get stunned/Ability blocked before he would go.

I don't think they need a whole team cleanse seeing as FOO can auto cleanse and cleanse 1 more, then FOST can auto cleanse to add taunt. But I do agree with OP, FO is the hardest team to farm, and REQUIRES 4 zetas to be borderline viable, instead of 1 or 2. Make them worth the grind CG.
  • Easiest fix ( I have max FO team) is improve the ai on defence.

That's kind of the point to the FOO tweak.
  • I told someone a few months ago that I thought First order would get a toon that could grant another ally taunt. Maybe grant taunt to anyone, and if that character is FO they also get defense up and tenacity up. Then that could be given to Kylo to make Kylo taunt.
  • They are great as is its just that zaul is disgustingly op.
  • Also where is Hux??? He would synergise with all FO and come with his own capital ship
  • AKHatbloke wrote: »
    Also where is Hux??? He would synergise with all FO and come with his own capital ship

I'm positive he'll be released with EP8 or slightly before.
  • Yup, Hux should be out this December. Farming my FO team now to prepare :) Phasma g9, Kylo g10, FOST g8, FOTP g10, FOO g9
  • Teague
    939 posts Member
    Just make advantage give an unavoidable attack. This could help against zMaul.
  • FOO loading the team in with tenacity up would be great - and/or the team cleanse instead of only a 2 person cleanse. I keep taking my FO out for a spin each week but guaranteed being stunned, having cooldowns increased, and being dazed on turn1 is backbreaking for them. The team's only "thing" is TM gain and assists. Turn 1 AOE daze from maul destroys everything the FO team stands for lol.
  • Mewingloki wrote: »
    FOO loading the team in with tenacity up would be great - and/or the team cleanse instead of only a 2 person cleanse. I keep taking my FO out for a spin each week but guaranteed being stunned, having cooldowns increased, and being dazed on turn1 is backbreaking for them. The team's only "thing" is TM gain and assists. Turn 1 AOE daze from maul destroys everything the FO team stands for lol.

Yay zaul!
  • We will have more toons around November. I expect there to be knights of Ren so they should spice things up for fo.
  • FO is arguably the hardest squad to put together as it requires 2 hard node farms and 4 zetas. The reward for doing this? A mediocre team that gets steam rolled on defense.

FO could be made to be the dominate team that it should be by simply tweaking First Order Officer a little. Give FOO tenacity up at the start of the match and allow Marching Orders to do a full team cleanse rather than just the targeted ally. Then program the AI to always use that ability first. This would fix FO's terrible defense without making them op by any means. A team with 4 zetas should be much more formidable than they are.
    If not this, something is needed. Defense is weak. I can get to top three easy enough but usually end up between 10-25 overnight...

(Max team, only fotp needs zeta)
  • FO is arguably the hardest squad to put together as it requires 2 hard node farms and 4 zetas. The reward for doing this? A mediocre team that gets steam rolled on defense.

If not this, something is needed. Defense is weak. I can get to top three easy enough but usually end up between 10-25 overnight...

(Max team, only fotp needs zeta)

On a truly competitive shard - 10-25 is pretty darned good for not dropping overnight.
  • lamatoe
    131 posts Member
    Agreed. It would be nice if the devs could aknowledge the threads about FOO giving marchers orders first turn. This would go a little ways to helping with defense. As it stands the ai is terrible.
    Yeah... 4 zetas on a single team and they crash and burn on defense. Bit odd.
  • It would be the equivalent of Nihilus or Maul using their basics first on opening. What's essential to their success is limited by poor programing.
  • Problem isn't first order (who are a pretty strong team), the problem is Zaul who is not only everywhere right now but counters everything they do well. Assist attacks, tm gains, counters, and advantage are all negated by mechanics maul provides in his kit and his leader ability to other Sith.

That's kind of the point to the FOO tweak.

Sorry, I'll clarify. I think ai needs to run the whole FO team better, not just FOO. Shardmates have told me that my Zylo can't start with lash out instead of outrage.

Sadly there's no other FO team on my shard or ways to see if this happens often.
  • Problem isn't first order (who are a pretty strong team), the problem is Zaul who is not only everywhere right now but counters everything they do well. Assist attacks, tm gains, counters, and advantage are all negated by mechanics maul provides in his kit and his leader ability to other Sith.

• Ig88isboss wrote: »
    Problem isn't first order (who are a pretty strong team), the problem is Zaul who is not only everywhere right now but counters everything they do well. Assist attacks, tm gains, counters, and advantage are all negated by mechanics maul provides in his kit and his leader ability to other Sith.

This! I still have my fingers crossed for whatever the next meta brings. FO really is a sweet team and are a blast now but the Sith have all the answers and guaranteed first turn. I know people talk mostly about falling on defense but fighting sith on offense is a nightmare as well lol. Zeta maul with nihilus and assassin is THE counter for FO. FO can fight against every other team comp pretty dam well however - so here's to hoping they can get some spotlight once maul takes a seat.
  • I like the FO :)

4 Zetas is crazy though
  • Goodhelmet
    88 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    4 zetas isn't that crazy. The Sith have 7. I think the Jedi have 5. Ratio wise, I guess but 4 zetas isn't unimaginable.
  • Goodhelmet wrote: »
    4 zetas isn't that crazy. The Sith have 7. I think the Jedi have 5. Ratio wise, I guess but 4 zetas isn't unimaginable.

Yea but it is kinda crazy when you think that there are only 5 FO in game. And if you look at %. FO=80%. Jedi ~30% and sith comes close with about 77%