Discover Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II

2Next

Replies

• Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    just hope they don't make the same mistake as they did in the first game.

Everything was online, even the DLC, offline co-op and solo play was weak because of this.

What they needed to do was make Death Star, Scarif and other DLC playable offline in co-op or vs. Would have been great. As well as other game modes. Offline players were stuck with the same walker assault and air combat - it became dull quickly.

Furthermore heroes were seriously underused. Why not make them more accessible. At least in the original Battlefront 2, you could alter how frequent it was for a player to become a hero. My controller glitches making the charater on screen walk forwards. I'd finally get the hero icon activate it then my controller would glitch, moving the character forward and I'd lose the activation of the hero - I know I need a new controller, but seriously???

Also why not create a hero survival game mode? It became too boring only being allowed to play as rebel soldiers - would it not have been cool to be able to play as Luke and Han against waves of Empire enemies or Darth Vader and Emperor against waves of Rebels?

Also the selection of heroes was poor - where was Old Obi Wan Kenobi, or Yoda?

This new Battlefront is apparently stretching itself over the 3 eras: Clone Wars, Galactic Civil War and New Republic/First Order.

I'd expect to see a lot more heroes in that selection including:

Clone Wars: Anakin, Ahsoka, Yoda, Kenobi, Mace, Rex, Cody, Dooku, Grievous, Maul, Sidious

Galactic Civil War: Obi Wan, Luke, Yoda, Han, Leia, Chewie, Lando, Jyn, Bobba Fett, Vader, Palpatine, Krennik, Tarkin, Royal/Imperial Guard

Republic/First Order: Rey, Finn, Poe, Luke, Chewie, Kylo, Snoke (if possible), Phasma, Gen. Husk
  • xpxnx
    73 posts Member
    Options
    Aero wrote: »
    There supposedly is no season pass... so they can release heroe like this game does instead of tying them to DLC packs

There was an interview about that, saying they doesn't want to fragment the community. I'm reading between the lines now, but that sounds like maps will be free, additional heroes and slims will be premium.

Wow thanks for the heads up. This is actually really good to hear. I would be truly thrilled if it works like this.

Nothing worse then the Release Game - Season pass - Release new game 2 years later- model IMO. One game with longevity, updates, and micro transactions is a much better route these days.

I really was angry when I heard this game was coming out. I thought they were going to make us buy a new copy every 2 years.

I still won't preorder. But they have my purchase if this is the case.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Looks good.

So, that's going to be called BF II v2.0?

I still like playing BF II v1.0 LOL!!!

Me too! I always throw it on whenever my brother comes for a visit! lol Still has incredible playability - however the space battles don't do it for me anymore though.
  • EZKill
    112 posts Member
    Options
    Meh, before I found out the name of the main character from the teaser trailer, I could have sworn that SWBF2 single player campaign was going to be the background story for Captain Phasma, seeing as to how they didn't show a thing about her in TFA. Of course she would have been rather old by the time TFA came around but well, maybe Iden is the mother of Phasma?
  • Options
    EZKill wrote: »
    Meh, before I found out the name of the main character from the teaser trailer, I could have sworn that SWBF2 single player campaign was going to be the background story for Captain Phasma, seeing as to how they didn't show a thing about her in TFA. Of course she would have been rather old by the time TFA came around but well, maybe Iden is the mother of Phasma?

Its possible Iden was also already established by Rogue One... as Inferno Squadron is formed immediately after
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Never played a battlefront game, but I am very excited by this. Not sure if I will pre-order it yet though.
  • Options
    Here is a suggestion for EA. If you preorder BF2 you should get a special BF2 pack in GOH. I am not looking for anything to over the top but a small bonus would help promote both games. I would suggest something simple like a new character pack similar to the pack that was given for the Rouge One release. This would be good marketing tool for both games.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    Taramel wrote: »
    shouldn't this be in Off topic as it has nothing to do with SWGOH.

It will padawan have patience and you will see this be one with Swgoh.

Plus I like it here I wish more people would comment it. Im dieing to talk about it more. Im hyped but won't be 100% satisfied until the announce General Kenobi and the 212th and Anakin with the 501st
  • Options
    Big_Boss wrote: »
    Taramel wrote: »
    shouldn't this be in Off topic as it has nothing to do with SWGOH.

It will padawan have patience and you will see this be one with Swgoh.

Plus I like it here I wish more people would comment it. Im dieing to talk about it more. Im hyped but won't be 100% satisfied until the announce General Kenobi and the 212th and Anakin with the 501st

Ive got a pretty strong feeling Inferno Squad will be a full team
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Options
    Looks good.

So, that's going to be called BF II v2.0?

I still like playing BF II v1.0 LOL!!!

The classic ones are called "Star Wars battlefront 2". This one is just battlefront 2
  • Options
    Love it! Now get them to this game as well! :D
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Here is a suggestion for EA. If you preorder BF2 you should get a special BF2 pack in GOH. I am not looking for anything to over the top but a small bonus would help promote both games. I would suggest something simple like a new character pack similar to the pack that was given for the Rouge One release. This would be good marketing tool for both games.

Do you work in marketing? That's a good idea.
  • Options

This^^
  • eralez
    27 posts Member
    Options
    Really hyped about BF2 !! Can't wait till november/december ! :smiley:

+1 really good idea !
  • Options
    Shouldn't this thread be in Off-Topic? it has nothing to do with GoH...or would it not get enough views there?

#hypocrites
  • Aglardae
    188 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    The first one was terrible. It was nonstop a cooldown grenade galore full of cheaters and hackers, bad vehicle control for flight missions on PC. Not sure I will risk this franchise again.
  • Options
    Shouldn't this thread be in Off-Topic? it has nothing to do with GoH...or would it not get enough views there?

#hypocrites

#shotsfired
  • Options
    I just downloaded and installed Battlefront. Cool game but the offline game gets boring really fast. The multiplayer seems pretty repetition. Is that all the game is? 2 teams go in guns blazing every time all the time?
    I 'd love to be a Jedi... But I sure as hell would use the dark side too...
  • Options
    I love Star Wars battlefront, played each one and loved them all( though the new one by dice was a off a bit). Though even in the trailer there was little to no clone troopers so I need to make sure they are there before I buy this
  • Options
    ViperPete wrote: »
    I just downloaded and installed Battlefront. Cool game but the offline game gets boring really fast. The multiplayer seems pretty repetition. Is that all the game is? 2 teams go in guns blazing every time all the time?

If guns were blazing you were having a good game. Usually it's more about a carpet of grenades and maybe jump packing over them only to get shot in the air.

The R1 ad-ins were pretty fun, I can still play those.

And on the right map where I can be pretty assured of getting the Tie Advanced..... "KILLING SPREE"
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • EZKill
    112 posts Member
    Options

I'm guessing that you don't really play a lot of FPS games. 90% of them are like that and the ones that aren't (ex. Tom Clancy series by Ubisoft) can sometimes attempt to get too fancy or "revolutionary" that it destroys gameplay pacing and turn it into a snooze fest. If you thought the "shoot 'em up" factor was repetitive and boring in Battlefront, wait until you play the CoD games.
  • Options
    This game looks lame
  • Options
    EZKill wrote: »

I'm guessing that you don't really play a lot of FPS games. 90% of them are like that and the ones that aren't (ex. Tom Clancy series by Ubisoft) can sometimes attempt to get too fancy or "revolutionary" that it destroys gameplay pacing and turn it into a snooze fest. If you thought the "shoot 'em up" factor was repetitive and boring in Battlefront, wait until you play the CoD games.

Interestingly... I love the Borderlands games and every version of Doom and Wolfenstein....Fallout... Battlefront is just missing something. I think what's missing is the feeling of a different outcome.
    We know whats going to happen, every single time. If they had versions where the Rebels didn't destroy the first Death Star or maybe the Second even that would be really neat.
    I 'd love to be a Jedi... But I sure as hell would use the dark side too...
  • EZKill
    112 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Interestingly... I love the Borderlands games and every version of Doom and Wolfenstein....Fallout... Battlefront is just missing something. I think what's missing is the feeling of a different outcome.
    We know whats going to happen, every single time. If they had versions where the Rebels didn't destroy the first Death Star or maybe the Second even that would be really neat.

True, some of the FPS single player campaign modes have a better story than the Battlefront series. Doom, CoD4 MW, Battlefield Bad Company 1 & 2, Bioshock, various HALOs, etc comes to mind immediately. Single player campaign was definitely not a strength of Battlefront 1 & 2 which I assume is what you were referring to since the new one didn't have a single player campaign.

Anyway, do keep in mind that those two games are 10+ years old though. At the time of release, I would say they did have the most multi-player modes out of any FPS on the market (hero, space battle, standard land modes with or without vehicles). Personally they gave me many more hours of replay value than other FPS such as Quake 3 Arena or AVP and so on.

Post edited by EZKill on
  • Options
    So just like Rogue One characters came out with the movie / dvd release, and rebels series character with the ending of the series, will we see more clones and the separatist rework with the release of BF2 since those factions are in the game? Seems so far away....
  • Options

This.

Yeah idk why people rant over 'lack of content' in SWBF1.

FPS games are made for multiplayer purpose. If you're looking for in-depth campaign/single player, go for Fallout or similar.
  • Options
    For me to buy BF2 they'll need to release the full game at launch instead of expecting me to pay extra for a season pass to complete it over a year. Also include a server browser since I don't know if BF1 is dead on PC or im waiting for a full server to open a spot
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options

Exactly all DLC was multiplayer - online only. The simple joys of playing co-op offline with a friend was dull and boring.

Not enough maps/missions for offline play and not a simple story mission at all.

Would it have killed the developers to create survival missions where the player(s) could be heroes?? Either lightside heroes against waves of imperial enemies - or even darkside heroes against waves of rebel forces?

Heroes were certainly underused with no option to increasing how often to play as a hero (unlike the original Battlefront 2).

I hope this gets changed for the new game - otherwise it will be another waste of time in my opinion.

Also why would you have a training mission where you can wrap your speeder's tow cable around an ATAT, and yet there is no option to do this in the actual game - very confusing and absolutely pointless.