66 DT shards from 146 sims

Replies

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    anonidude wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    dough wrote: »
    yeah that's great and all but most people aren't flush enough to sit around dumping enough $$ into the game to arrive at your precious milestone -- and maybe by the time they've reached a couple/few hundred they're over it.

I didn't write either of the threads. Just providing real information.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/21257/rey-drop-rate-32-72/p1

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/91405/so-i-tracked-2-000-drops/p1

My bad, the second thread comes up with 30% cantina drop rate - not 33%.

Lol @cosmicturtle333 would be thrilled to see he is still remembered around these parts..

I have a shrine...and it's surrounded by Nightsister Statues. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • ChrisZovy wrote: »
    140 attempts is a drop in the bucket to measure accurately a proper sample on RNG. this has been covered on dozens of posts to the same conclusion.

So even though my statistic is weak and rusty doesn' t that means that is under 1% chance for me to have a bad RNG and 99% that the drop rate has been tampered?

In absence of any other info, sure (assuming your math). There are millions of people playing this game. That means tens of thousands of people will experience the lower 1% or drop rates.
  • I've been playing since dec 15, so I'm pretty experienced with the game. I often see like 10% drop rates and get frustrated, but I don't really notice or care when it's above the mythical 33%. Just a good day. I think everyone freaks out when their drop rate is poor, but just doesn't notice when it's good
  • Xland
    25 posts Member
    ChrisZovy wrote: »
    140 attempts is a drop in the bucket to measure accurately a proper sample on RNG. this has been covered on dozens of posts to the same conclusion.

Indeed it is, a drop in the bucket. I'm amazed how many people keep repeating this word "RNG, rng, RNG". Truth is nobody knows what RNG is. It isn't exactly defined anywhere, how it works, what's the sample size to have an opinion and some clear results.

It's a drop in the bucket buddy. That's what they're telling you, and that's what you'll get: in many cases a drop.

You must wait for about 10 years and play their game daily, spend billions of energy and record every sim in an excel sheet, and perhaps spend some money in the meantime, surely it wouldn't hurt them. And after 10 years, maybe, just maybe you will have the right to raise your voice. But do you think anyone will care? Honestly, do you really think anyone will care about what's fair and transparent, or about money?
  • Nozone2016 wrote: »
    I will not be able to continue tracking drops for DT because I will not be farming DT shards anymore. Sometimes you reach a point when enough is enough and in my case 149 tries were enough. I hope that DT is useful at 5* at least in arena, since raids are out of the question, and if I will bother even gearing him up.

I have him at 4* G8... I had intended to try running him with DK (4* G8) for fun but I've tested them in Galactic War and I'm not a huge fan. I was thinking of swapping them in for Shoretrooper/Royal Guard on my Empire team but I'm not so sure I like the playstyle but maybe that's because I'm so used to my Empire team as it is. I'm not even close to being able to farm Shoretrooper yet so I thought DT/DK might be an alternative (not substitute). DT has some useful abilities though (AoE dispel is handy)

Under a palpatine lead, Krennic/DT is an amazing combo for GW. some days I can get all the way to the last node without taking a hit, seriously. I even beat the last node today with all my toons still with a good portion of their Protection left. Being able to potentially remove 100% TM, especially with Palpatines AOE stun, Also Death troopers Deathmark ability makes the GW really easy. Plus the daze from Death trooper makes it easy to get have people like Dooku, and even General Kenobi teams easy to beat. In arena, The Death trooper/Krennic combo isn't nearly as good though. I find myself not being to break top 20, where all the Zauls and Rex leads are hiding out. But I'm able to finish around 30-50 every day.
  • Coryvonseg wrote: »
    Nozone2016 wrote: »
    I will not be able to continue tracking drops for DT because I will not be farming DT shards anymore. Sometimes you reach a point when enough is enough and in my case 149 tries were enough. I hope that DT is useful at 5* at least in arena, since raids are out of the question, and if I will bother even gearing him up.

I have him at 4* G8... I had intended to try running him with DK (4* G8) for fun but I've tested them in Galactic War and I'm not a huge fan. I was thinking of swapping them in for Shoretrooper/Royal Guard on my Empire team but I'm not so sure I like the playstyle but maybe that's because I'm so used to my Empire team as it is. I'm not even close to being able to farm Shoretrooper yet so I thought DT/DK might be an alternative (not substitute). DT has some useful abilities though (AoE dispel is handy)

Under a palpatine lead, Krennic/DT is an amazing combo for GW. some days I can get all the way to the last node without taking a hit, seriously. I even beat the last node today with all my toons still with a good portion of their Protection left. Being able to potentially remove 100% TM, especially with Palpatines AOE stun, Also Death troopers Deathmark ability makes the GW really easy. Plus the daze from Death trooper makes it easy to get have people like Dooku, and even General Kenobi teams easy to beat. In arena, The Death trooper/Krennic combo isn't nearly as good though. I find myself not being to break top 20, where all the Zauls and Rex leads are hiding out. But I'm able to finish around 30-50 every day.

How developed are DK and DT in your team (stars, gear and level) ?
  • When I farmed RG 10 years ago from Cantina 7C, my drop rate was astonishingly good, probably 50% or more. I say probably because I did not keep records, so this is really only a vague anecdote with no real data. Even so, it was a very quick farm and made me happy.
  • dough wrote: »
    StarWhales wrote: »
    Can I interest you in a whaaburger and some french cries

wow, did u come up with that material all on ur own, Amy Schumer?

Nah, that was Kid Rock in Joe Dirt.
    #DroppinKnowledge

Love that movie! Doesn't it make you want to grow a mullet, drive an trans am/camaro, and live in a double wide?
  • danflorian1984
    986 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Even though I decided earlier to quit farming DT I changed my mind and tried and managed to get DT to 5* before I moved on to farm Kylo. So my final tally is 90 shards in 181 sims, so a drop rate of 22,6 percent, which is the about the same with the drop rate in each individual day since the double drops started. To me that looks suspiciously close to a pattern, but what ever....
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Even though I decided earlier to quit farming DT I changed my mind and tried and managed to get DT to 5* before I moved on to farm Kylo. So my final tally is 90 shards in 181 sims, so a drop rate of 22,6 percent, which is the same with the drop rate in each individual day since the double drops started. To me that looks suspiciously close to a pattern, but what ever....

90 out of 180 is still better than 60 out 180 (assuminng "normal" 33.3% droprate), so jeeej double drops. But hey, whenever there is a glass half full, there's always a glass half empty ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Personally, I know it sucks 'cause 140 sims is a lot (I am f2p too), but I think this is just bad RNG.

I am farming Tie Pilot and got over 85 shards and still counting while dubble drop lasts. I am on the home stretch now to getting him to 7* and I only started farming for him about a week and 1/2 ago, so that's pretty good.

Sorry to hear the RNG was bad for you.

On the plus side, gotta love that cantina currency at double - which is helping my jawa farming.
  • Coryvonseg wrote: »
    Nozone2016 wrote: »

How developed are DK and DT in your team (stars, gear and level) ?

My DT is 5* almost 6*, and my krennic is 4*. Both are level 85 and at gear 10. krennic is modded for speed with him at around 190. Not too crazy, but enough to beat most teams, because being able to remove TM at the start is nice, and then putting an AOE stun with Palp next is also nice. Palpatine is at around 185 speed.
  • Viserys
    461 posts Member
    Winstar wrote: »
    Pretty sure they purposely made DT shards drop at a lower drop rate than other hero shards on the 8-10-12 nodes to maintain the premium character illusion.

Hence the availability and premium pricing the store and shard shop. If EA is going to be evil about it mine as well put Krennic on a cantina node already with the pee-poor drop rate as well.

Sure, DT, Shoretrooper, and Baze are free, but at a painfully slow snail pace unless you decide to speed up the process with crystals, or spend to jack up your team to be able to 3* a node.

Good luck. DT node is a trap!

They don't need to adjust drop rate on a 16 energy node, because your uptake per energy spent is inherently lower. If you purchase two refreshes at 200 crystals and get 33% drop rate, you can run 15 sims and get 5 shards. That's about 40 crystals per shard.

Contrast that to an 8 energy node, 30 sims and 10 shards for the same price, and you're pulling about 20 crystals a shard.
  • leef wrote: »
    Even though I decided earlier to quit farming DT I changed my mind and tried and managed to get DT to 5* before I moved on to farm Kylo. So my final tally is 90 shards in 181 sims, so a drop rate of 22,6 percent, which is the same with the drop rate in each individual day since the double drops started. To me that looks suspiciously close to a pattern, but what ever....

90 out of 180 is still better than 60 out 180 (assuminng "normal" 33.3% droprate), so jeeej double drops. But hey, whenever there is a glass half full, there's always a glass half empty ;)

True, but is still worse than 120 out of 180 (assuming "normal" 33.3% drop rate) :)
  • Tavanh
    523 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Some character nodes have a 33% but that usually means they aren't highly sought after. Take GS, Pathfinder, Chewie for example. They have a 33% drop rate. I have a detailed spreadsheet on GS farm rates if you want to click on this link: GS shard % and multi simming. Characters like Ayala and B2 are known to have a lower droprate. Sadly I don't have any data for them :(.
  • StarWhales wrote: »

Hahaha..haha.ha.........HAH.

You people with your little quirky insults must feel soooo better about yourselves. The OP did a little test monitoring the drop rates for a few day and asked a question...instead he/she receives a bunch of insults.

Check it...there is a time for insults and there is a time for appropriate reponses.

Let me guess mom and dad worked a lot as you were kids and you all were raised by the T.V. instead. Bunch of brain dead dummies.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Tavanh wrote: »
    Characters like Ayala and B2 are known to have a lower droprate. Sadly I don't have any data for them :(.
    If you don't have data, how are they shown to be lower?

Most people/guilds who have done extensive data collection have found shard drop rates to be almost universally constant (30-33%), regardless of node, method (i.e. multi-sim vs. single sim) or character.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Tavanh wrote: »
    Some character nodes have a 33% but that usually means they aren't highly sought after. Take GS, Pathfinder, Chewie for example. They have a 33% drop rate. I have a detailed spreadsheet on GS farm rates if you want to click on this link: GS shard % and multi simming. Characters like Ayala and B2 are known to have a lower droprate. Sadly I don't have any data for them :(.

I think this is the case here. The only other toon I have experienced similar drop rate was B2, but even in that case it did not last 4 days without variation.

As an anecdotal story, I know it has zero statistical relevance, after I started farming Kylo I received 6 shards in 5 sims. Extremely small sample, I know, but I did not get 6 DT shards at any point in this 4 days from sets of 7 or 8 sims, not 5 sims.
  • Well all your drop rates being lowered claims are bunk. I Have with double drops gotten just about as many shards as attempts over last few days, which means I have had a drop rate near 50%. Loving it.
  • Wait people are getting bad RNG? I've often gotten more shards then battles I simmed, but that also might be because of my remarkably crappy RNG last couple months
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

You people with your little quirky insults must feel soooo better about yourselves. The OP did a little test monitoring the drop rates for a few day and asked a question...instead he/she receives a bunch of insults.

Check it...there is a time for insults and there is a time for appropriate reponses.

Let me guess mom and dad worked a lot as you were kids and you all were raised by the T.V. instead. Bunch of brain dead dummies.

great insult, do you feel better about yourself now?
    Stuff like this gets threads closed, wich seems to be the opposite of what you want. maybe follow your own advice in the future..
  • CamaroAMF
    1279 posts Member
    44 drops (88 shards) out of 109 attempts on Death Trooper for me during double drops.
  • When I farmed RG 10 years ago from Cantina 7C, my drop rate was astonishingly good, probably 50% or more. I say probably because I did not keep records, so this is really only a vague anecdote with no real data. Even so, it was a very quick farm and made me happy.

I just farmed RG to 7* out of 7C and seemed rather quick to me combined with hard nodes.
  • leef wrote: »

Stuff like this gets threads closed, wich seems to be the opposite of what you want. maybe follow your own advice in the future..

I only insult when it is appropriate.

To answer your question if I feel better about myself? The answer is no I don't. I hate trying to make a person think before saying something stupidd. Parents should have raised their kids the right way..instead I have to become the Internet bad guy authority figure and put them in their places.

Let's be real here..it's not like your response to me made this discussion any better and it's not like I started the whole insult thing in the first place.

OP asked a question..and people begin belittling him/her with insults. If I seen someone getting talked to like that in real life I'm the kind of person that will step in and do something about it. I wouldn't pic up my phone, start recording and post it on the internet like the majority of brain dead people would do in the world.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

I only insult when it is appropriate.

To answer your question if I feel better about myself? The answer is no I don't. I hate trying to make a person think before saying something stupidd. Parents should have raised their kids the right way..instead I have to become the Internet bad guy authority figure and put them in their places.

Let's be real here..it's not like your response to me made this discussion any better and it's not like I started the whole insult thing in the first place.

OP asked a question..and people begin belittling him/her with insults. If I seen someone getting talked to like that in real life I'm the kind of person that will step in and do something about it. I wouldn't pic up my phone, start recording and post it on the internet like the majority of brain dead people would do in the world.

aah, the internet bad guy authority figure who puts people in their place. How's that working out for you? I can only assume it's not counterproductive at all haha.
    I only pointed out that insults, regardless of whether the insult is warrented or not, is a great way to get threads closed. If you want the OP to be heard, you're not helping him by "sticking up for him" the way you did.
    you might be that kinda person, but on the internet you're only that guy who says he is that kinda person. In my experience people who are that kinda person usually don't feel the need to point out to others on the internet that they are that kinda person, they just are that kinda person.
    but hey, i might be a 12yo with a keyboard ;)
  • I don't recall exactly, but I believe that Death Trooper was 3* and 25/30 after the events. Mine is currently 20/85. So I've gotten 90 shards in double drops. At the time double drops launched, I had 429 energy (144 cap hit the night before + 2 refreshes the night before + 45 bonus energy from the noon energy). That was around 6:30 pm on Friday. In the 68 hours since then, I've accumulated another 340 from regular gains, 135 from the noon energy, and 960 from refreshes (2 each day on Fri, Sat, Sun, and today). So 1864 total energy. At 16 energy a piece, that's 116 sims. So 90 shards accumulated on 116 sims. That's successful drops on 45 of the 116 sims. That's 39%. Based on the logic thrown about on here, that means they specifically raised the drop rate of that node compared to other cantina nodes, right?
  • Today I am currently 9 drops out of 55 battles. The drops this event have been horrible I feel bad for anybody that spent crystals. I've spent 600 crystals per day since the start of the event I 100% regret it
    Some of the brightest ideas are the hardest to see
  • These types of threads always make me chuckle. Bottom line is no one knows for sure what the drop rate is set at on a regular basis or if it is changed during events. As correctly pointed out we can't tell if a drop rate has been tweaked because, individual players have small sample sizes. At the same time, I would never defend EA, because quite frankly it would not surprise me if they had a double drop event and halved the drop rate during that event. There is no legal oversite on drop rates, and EA has demonstrated again and again that it is a profit first organization.

• kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    I've got 78 drops out of 255 battles for Aayla with 4 refreshes/day. 30.6% drop rate for a total of 156 shards. Saturday's rate was great (~43%) but today's have been poor (~20%). Seems to be evening out in my case, but if I wasn't keeping track I'd be pretty unhappy today.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Just throwing my couple cents in here. From my experience its varied character to character. When I farmed aayla my drop rate held steady at around 41%. Tfp was much lower at 29%. Death trooper has made me want to stop trying. My drop rate so far is 9%.