GW suggestion?

Drax_77
1076 posts Member
Today was the first time in I can't remember how long I wasn't able to complete gw, my node 11 was a maxed out zmaul team with zsavage and zkylo which after burning a couple of junk teams I was able to beat it using my zmaul. After many escapes and retries I finally gave in to rng, lost my zmaul squad including zkylo but eventually I took them all out.

Ok, on to node 12 it can't be any worse can it? Yep it was fully maxed zvader squad with a 7* maxed gk, I ran one team through, put a slight dent in his tfp and called it quits as all my heavy hitters died to the previous team.

I've only been playing about 6 months so I don't have the deep roster many of you have and I know gw isn't intended for you to be able to beat every day but...

If we are to face multiple maxed out zeta'd squads couldn't it be possible to get a refresh on 1 full squad? They return to full health/protection as if they were never in a match? Maybe a cost of 400 gw tokens to refresh a single team? I'd say crystals but then the cost wouldn't be worth the return from the prizes but I'd gladly give 400 or even 800 gw tokens to reset my main squad at a chance to finish each day.

Replies

• Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    I wouldn't use a Maul lead in GW unless it's the final node. You're going to end up losing guys because they're not easily sustainable. EP and Nihilus work much better, Nihilus being great for the tougher nodes.
  • spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    OMG you couldn't beat it one time. let's take to the forums and cry nerf so things will be extremely easy to beat everyday for everyone. god for bid something is challenge.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Use the first 3-4 nodes to load all viable teams with tm.

It also depends where you are lvl roster wise, there is a big hump past lvl 78 when you can start facing zeta teams because abilities don't add that much to a team power so a non zeta and zeta toon don't have much difference in power.
  • Options
    I see you've angered a throatbeard.im sorry.
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    Options
    spotremix wrote: »
    OMG you couldn't beat it one time. let's take to the forums and cry nerf so things will be extremely easy to beat everyday for everyone. god for bid something is challenge.

OMG! I made a simple suggestion, how dare I do that? Where did I ever call for a nerf of anything? How is making 1 simple suggestion crying about anything? If you can't leave constructive criticism then don't post ffs.

This isn't "game breaking" it's not like I'm asking to refresh my entire roster, simply 1 full squad of 5 characters for a 1 time refresh, I don't think that's too much to ask for others to give their input. A simple yes I agree or no keep it as it is would suffice.

And that's kinda ironic that you take to the forums to cry about someone "crying" good day kind sir.
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Use the first 3-4 nodes to load all viable teams with tm.

It also depends where you are lvl roster wise, there is a big hump past lvl 78 when you can start facing zeta teams because abilities don't add that much to a team power so a non zeta and zeta toon don't have much difference in power.

Yeah I normally always do this but other than about 2-3 squads my roster is pretty weak, this has by far been the toughest gw I've had so far. Ya win some Ya lose some
  • AtlasMKx
    260 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Olga wrote: »
    I wouldn't use a Maul lead in GW unless it's the final node. You're going to end up losing guys because they're not easily sustainable. EP and Nihilus work much better, Nihilus being great for the tougher nodes.

My zMaul takes me all the way through GW most days, sometimes I need to send in some rebels to clean up but Maul does just fine. You get so much extra TM and Jedis are very popular in my GW so he can some times kill everyone as soon as he gets a turn.

I struggle against R1 teams. Normally I can't even take one down. I think your suggestion could help with all the crying about the difficulty some are having. I personally don't have an issue with being unable to complete it some time.
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    Options
    That was kinda my thoughts, I don't normally have any issues completing gw but I know there are a lot that do, imo this would be a simple enough idea that would help everyone, not just me not just whales or ftp but everyone. If you don't ever need to use the refresh then great you never have to spend the resource cost to do it. I'm sure many of us including myself would appreciate having 1 single refresh to get a shot at the character shards and ever elusive omega from the ode 12 box.
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

Duplicate comment, what's up with the forums these days lol.
  • spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    Options
    Drax_77 wrote: »

OMG! I made a simple suggestion, how dare I do that? Where did I ever call for a nerf of anything? How is making 1 simple suggestion crying about anything? If you can't leave constructive criticism then don't post ffs.

This isn't "game breaking" it's not like I'm asking to refresh my entire roster, simply 1 full squad of 5 characters for a 1 time refresh, I don't think that's too much to ask for others to give their input. A simple yes I agree or no keep it as it is would suffice.

And that's kinda ironic that you take to the forums to cry about someone "crying" good day kind sir.

the butt hurt is strong with this one.
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    Options

the butt hurt is strong with this one.

How original of you to quote millions before you lol. ****? Nah just no tolerance for useless comments or people, you clearly have nothing constructive to add to this topic, move along troll move along.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    That was kinda my thoughts, I don't normally have any issues completing gw
    Well that's my point. You strugged with a Maul lead. If you'd switched to nihilus lead, you would destroy it. Even a G8 unmodded nihilus is a brutal lead for later GW stages.
  • Options
    I never run fodder teams to burn up the opponents specials. I've got my arena team(empire+boba), Jedi, and Rebels teams. I find running fodder teams gives the opponents way to much turn meter and negates the turn meter my main team has.

I run Rebels through node 5 making sure to have high health and abilities off cool down. Arena team takes out 6, can usually have my cooldowns close to reset after that. Throw the Rebels at node 7 on basic to get turn meter.

8-12 is my arena team again. If I lose somewhere in 11/12 I've usually taken out 2-3 toons, and my Rebel squad can usually clean up. Once in a while I'll run out of fire power and leave a zeta kylo standing on node 12. Only team I've been destroyed by this way was a double zQGJ team with a GK, and zeta yoda. It took out all 3 teams and I only killed one member.
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    Options
    Well that's my point. You strugged with a Maul lead. If you'd switched to nihilus lead, you would destroy it. Even a G8 unmodded nihilus is a brutal lead for later GW stages.

I tried swapping maul and nihilus, without the extra tm the nihilus lead team dropped faster than maul lead team.

And this is not an every day normal gw for me but as the game goes on I'm willing to bet more and more people will experience multi fully geared/modded/zeta'd teams that no matter what you do you will get beat down to where you just can't complete it any more. And when that day comes around you will actually see a lot of crying then, unlike posts that are just making suggestions.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    Tell me that when it starts creeping into the 10th node.
    Maybe then I'll have something to cry about.
  • Options
    Use EP lead
  • Options

You mean like you did to cry nerf on Wiggs, and Rebels you'll never farm, and trollol
  • Options

Get over yourself.
  • Options
    DruBacca wrote: »

You mean like you did to cry nerf on Wiggs, and Rebels you'll never farm, and trollol

+1
  • Options
    DruBacca wrote: »

+1
    Seriously, she never has one quality thing to add to the forums, just troll after troll..
  • Options

I tried swapping maul and nihilus, without the extra tm the nihilus lead team dropped faster than maul lead team.

And this is not an every day normal gw for me but as the game goes on I'm willing to bet more and more people will experience multi fully geared/modded/zeta'd teams that no matter what you do you will get beat down to where you just can't complete it any more. And when that day comes around you will actually see a lot of crying then, unlike posts that are just making suggestions.

My guess is this will become more common place for you. It sounds like your top tier squads far exceed your overall roster. This happens alot at your stage of the game I would suggest working on depth for awhile. Gw is a test of your full roster it's a way to bring balance to the game that way it hurts you to simply put all your resources into one squad.
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    Options
    ProximaB1_ wrote: »

My guess is this will become more common place for you. It sounds like your top tier squads far exceed your overall roster. This happens alot at your stage of the game I would suggest working on depth for awhile. Gw is a test of your full roster it's a way to bring balance to the game that way it hurts you to simply put all your resources into one squad.

Very good point, and yes for about the last 3 months I've done nothing but work on my arena squad, have a mediocre second team and the rest are all g8 or less. I've started branching out working on ls characters and raid squads so hopefully that will help in the future as well. Thanks for the input!
  • Options
    I don't preload teams, just specific toons that have skills vital to counter certain teams and have no problems even with crazy multi auto-taunters and zeta teams.

Like QGJ, Rex, Yoda and STH is enough but sometimes I'll load Zader and an AOE like Sid or Lando. They each have counters to PITA teams.

Zader teams, if you are going to suicide to kill one guy it should be zader. Next round the remaining 4 will have no leader ability and would be a cakewalk. I'd buff immunity GK and burn zader.

The other issue is never let your A-Team die before the last node. Better to spend an hour trying to figure out node 11 than burn your best toons only to be stuck at the most important node 12 w no rewards.
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    Options
    Normally I'll preload my rebel team (which all are only g8) I have another squad I throw in of boba, anakin, qgj, zkylo and shore, sometimes I throw in my empire squad before switching to sith, but today I didn't bother with the rebels or empire until it was too late, yep that's my fault and the point of this post wasn't to cry about it simply to make a suggestion. I'm still not sure it would have been enough against the last 2 teams I had to face today but it was a lesson well learned in not bypassing preloading squads cuz you don't normally have any problems beating gw lol.
  • Osik
    235 posts Member
    Options
    empire team makes GW easy, i use EP lead, RG, vader (no zeta), boba and TFP and normally clear the whole thing without losing anyone... the key is EP and rg cc'ing the crap out of everyone, you wont even take an attack until node 6 sometimes...
  • Options
    Osik wrote: »
    empire team makes GW easy, i use EP lead, RG, vader (no zeta), boba and TFP and normally clear the whole thing without losing anyone... the key is EP and rg cc'ing the **** out of everyone, you wont even take an attack until node 6 sometimes...

I use a similar team for my main team but I put barriss in for boba. Also Jedi work well. But you need some hard hitting squads to take out the hard nodes or at least make a dent in them.