What this game needs next is (Vote what you want)

Prev1
AdamW
692 posts Member
edited February 2016
If you can, leave a comment on why you pick your choice please. To keep the post from dying out. Id really like to see peoples collective opinion.

What this game needs next is (Vote what you want) 136 votes

Guild/Faction System
30%
RheenJJHSubmarineMancosmicturtle333HavokTriggerSkitskalleFantazyAdamWreizsePindasauskanonDrNoCoolTakl3end3rtjw_tjw14CaptSeaWalkerDeadpooltaco186LordStylingFAED_EmperorBrobiWanKenobiKr4itok_ 41 votes
More $ Bundles
4%
ToolioSticare_Courts_0073Kwynne4444ModTerrikTheJoeBoxchipmunk19 6 votes
More Modes to play
30%
TaniwhaRolfLargKelleinShentuDragonAksterBoro_Smooth1MerilonThrixelD_MillennialEM650Rogan_Ban84McShartpuppyCaseyAlsend_Drakefive2zeroPuglioSiegfried_Dark1LianaraRobbathehuttclartymarty75 42 votes
Better focus on character balance
34%
dauz6063obiwan1011NessusChiron74TowaniPoerliDeathSSlayerRogerfanCaspertricksEnklaveAggropoxDarthbinksRock5566BLuby25KrokovichWildcats1203SnowbloodThalosKiranoBNCStwallerOmnirhyze 47 votes
Post edited by AdamW on

Replies

• Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    All of the above would've been my vote.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Yea cant vote unless "all the above" is an option and/or general grievous as an option haha
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Guild/Faction System
    Its more of what should be a higher priority. Of course we want them all.

I chose guilds because this game currently has a weak social base. You can barely interact with other players.

Most games have a solid social system to keep players interested. It almost feels like a single player game at times.

A guild would help keep me motivated to log in daily, and bring friends here.

@Telaan @Abyss

What would you take priority over?
  • How about ___ Get everything right and bugs fixed before taking on a new challenge.
    ~ There is a great disturbance in the forum. ~
  • Better focus on character balance
    Balance. Introducing guild wars or another new game mode would do nothing but add even more Poe vs Poe coin flip battles. These simply aren't fun.
    Balance really does need to come first. Too many issues need fixing at the moment.
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Guild/Faction System
    Imo there are many other different team synergys that havent been explored yet. I think people just focus only on what they get exposed to, thats only a handful of team builds and then they think certain ones are the most powerful in the game
    Post edited by AdamW on
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    AdamW wrote: »

I chose guilds because this game currently has a weak social base. You can barely interact with other players.

Most games have a solid social system to keep players interested. It almost feels like a single player game at times.

@Telaan @Abyss

Agreed but for fear of the devs reading this poll i cant contribute to something else coming out before general grievous ;)

In all seriousness though, i think bug fixes/balancing should be their top 100% priority. I love this game and spend $ on occasion to help support it and make farming faster BUT it feels like a BETA version except feels like the devs dont listen to us.
    It feels like they listen to ppl crying OP but dont consider WHO is doing the crying. Feedback on "balance issues" from non-endgame players is simply invalid fue to them no knowing or understanding how toons perform in the end (which is mostly all that matters).
    To take that a step further, the devs are doing the CORRECT thing with poe and making small adjustments and monitoring results, the issue here is they didnt listen to anyone of credibility lol. They are adjusting his tenacity which has nothing to do with his success in outperforming all other tanks. His speed is the issue. Coupel that with the effects of his taunt (expose, turn meter manipulation, etc) and thats why he needs balancing. Tenacity comes into play when you try an remove the taunt but if your trying to remove the taunt then the damage is done weather tou remove it or not lol. Devs did not listen (or understand) the issue with poe (and hes not OP, just broken)

I will say i think the devs try to listen and they try to do thins rite and they will NEVER please everyone (plz give then credit for trying though) but i think they need to fig out how to discount the flood of invalid/unfounded feedback and wade theough it to find the constructive valid info needed to make needed changes.

Once they do that, this game will explode. Until then, its just a glitchy/buggy/unbalanced star wars game I love. The potential is limitless if they just get it balanced and polished like a full release should be.

Credit to devs on the effort but i think proper focus is needed. They could consider creating a site/room with credible players in which to help gather valid feedback from the community. A team of player representatives to help "fact find" to evaluate mechanics etc to help facilitate proper changes in the future.

Just my thoughts
    Balance balance and more balance.
    I think this should be the major priority. The longer they take to do it the harder it'll be, since more toons and play modes will be released, and bigger will be the damage to the players, cuz more people will have the most popular, effectives, toons, which are the ones screaming in urge to be balanced.
    Get more viable builds before adding guild stuff. The most fun I had in hearthstone was the League of Explorers meta where there were so many options to 1) win with and 2) have fun with.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    AdamW wrote: »

@Telaan @Abyss

Honestly, my answer stands.

Any sort of multiplayer game, especially competitive ones, require a certain level of balance across the spectrum.
    - too much PvP pushes the PvE crowd away
    - Too much PvE pushes the PvP crowd away
    - Too many balance issues drive everyone away
    - A lack of a functioning social system eventually turns a significant portion of the player base away. But most understand that this system is usually introduced later in this platform and are more patient/understanding
    - A lack of general, repeatable content drives everyone away. Increased level caps provide only a very brief window of "new content". It universally fails to sustain a player base in every game I've ever played.
    - Toon bundles are great but need to be reasonable. So far they've been on the lower end of ok. The chromium system is not ok and has me questioning the long term viability of this game, as that is one of the biggest potential sources of income. It's complete garbage and is my biggest beef next to the current meta.

Why can't I or won't I pick just one for them to focus on? Simply because the Dev team doesn't function like that. Rarely do Dev teams all work on the same project. They're typically broken into sub teams that have specific responsibilities or projects. This allows them to more efficiently divide their time and accomplish numerous tasks at once. It's not unreasonable or unrealistic to expect all of the above out of them.
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    Guild/Faction System
    Good points Telaan.
  • Nerfing
  • More $ Bundles
    I want more bundles but more of the cheapers ones like $5-10 maybe even 25 dollar ones
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    More Modes to play
    Do you guys think that "true" PvP with both sides directly controlled by players is feasible in a mobile game like this?
  • More $ Bundles
    Nauros wrote: »
    Do you guys think that "true" PvP with both sides directly controlled by players is feasible in a mobile game like this?

I though about that myself but i kinda feel it would be whoever goes first wins but idk maybe it could work
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    More Modes to play
    Kwynne4444 wrote: »

I though about that myself but i kinda feel it would be whoever goes first wins but idk maybe it could work

Yeah, given current meta, that would probably be a problem too. But I was more concerned about finding enough active players to fight with on every power level.
  • More Modes to play
    I'm not big into Arena so balance is less important to me. I would like more modes to play, an endless mode would be great.
  • Guild/Faction System
    Guild/ Faction battles across servers would be really cool.
  • Guild/Faction System
    Telaan wrote: »
    All of the above would've been my vote.

+1

but I chose guilds as I love that feature in clash of clans.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    More Modes to play
    I'm not big into Arena so balance is less important to me. I would like more modes to play, an endless mode would be great.

An endless mode with gradually increasing difficulty and reward would be great. But on the other hand, it would widen the gap between f2p and whales...
  • Zen
    126 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Guild/Faction System
    Guild and character balancing , but all of them are good really
  • More Modes to play

An endless mode with gradually increasing difficulty and reward would be great. But on the other hand, it would widen the gap between f2p and whales...

Well whales are always going to have an advantage regardless it actually might level the playing field for the rest of us a bit.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    More Modes to play
    What this game needs is an ****.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    More Modes to play
    EM650 wrote: »

Really? E-N-E-M-A is not allowed?
  • More Modes to play

Really? E-N-E-M-A is not allowed?

hahahaha
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    More Modes to play
    It would be fun to have a Padawan arena where you and a friend could play against each other, chat live, and try different team set ups against each other.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    More Modes to play
    I want more to do. Balancing is important, certainly, but only really impacts Arena. Having more game modes gives us more fun, and further dilutes the impact of the current balance issues.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • I would like a new set of chromium exclusive toons.
    As a few have said, fix bugs and balancing of the characters we have since battles kind of suck for the lack of variety