What do people think of Plo Koon?

Prev13
I haven't used him and I don't hear much about him. What do you guys think about him?

Replies

• Options
    i see a lot of "Buff Windu" threads but none for Plo Koon. He's also a Jedi council member and a pretty cool character imo (in the Clone Wars series), but a very weak Hero in the game. Even if they add more Clones for his synergy, he will still be underwhelming.

My Suggestion for a buff:

-His offense down has a 100% chance infliction just like Obi Wan
    -His Turn meter gain ability affecting ALL units and not just clones just like Captain Phasma
    -His Leader ability has a chance to remove ALL buffs and not just Stealth

Hopefully, in the next patch, instead of nerfing the most used characters, the devs buff the lesser used ones.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah Plo Koon's special attack would actually be great for defense, if only it would connect. Ever. I literally only see it connect on a toon once every second time I use it. The skill is simply pointless as it stands.
  • Options
    agreed plo koon feels neutered at his power level

almost every character that specializes against certain strategies aren't worth the investment.

flexibility is key in this game when it takes a month to level a character to 7*s, so there's no room to even play around with them at a high level.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Well I'm halfway to 7* on Plo Koon anyway because I really, really like his character in Clone Wars. :)
  • Options
    Agree with 85-100% offense down, the guy & his gear do not have potency. Still hard to land.
  • Options
    Hmmm, so to counter all the nerf threads, we make buff threads? Then More buff threads are needed to balance the force of this forum.
  • Options
    agree on potency buff, he need atleast a lot more
  • Options
    Hmmm, so to counter all the nerf threads, we make buff threads? Then More buff threads are needed to balance the force of this forum.

Let's buff the forums. I want to see Ewok scout match FOTP for damage with a 300% chance to evade and permanent stealth.
  • Options
    I really want Plo Koon to be better as well. With that being said, I don't think he's terrible, but he's definitely not the best. He's a good defense character, and with him being able to reach gear 9 with the next update and another 20% potency, he may see a power increase with that. Am I able to stop farming my current characters, to get him ready for the update? Most likely not, but he seems to be a good solution to the current STH/Poe meta with his buff removal on basic attack, if it doesn't get resisted that is.
  • Options
    I'd love this guy to be usable, I'm itching for a new cantina farm that's worth my energy.

How's his damage? With the 100% to offense down I'm totally on board. o:)
  • Options

Agree with 85-100% offense down, the guy & his gear do not have potency. Still hard to land.

Yeah. it does not make sense that senile Old Ben has a guaranteed debuff while war-time general Plo Koon does not.
  • Options
    meanpride wrote: »

Yeah. it does not make sense that senile Old Ben has a guaranteed debuff while war-time general Plo Koon does not.

So that we can have QGJ+Old Ben+ Plo Koon combos that 'Offense Down' for whole matches? Yes that sounds like an incredibly good idea, jesus think before speaking.
  • Options
    Heronmar wrote: »

So that we can have QGJ+Old Ben+ Plo Koon combos that 'Offense Down' for whole matches? Yes that sounds like an incredibly good idea, jesus think before speaking.

So we can't have anymore good Jedi in the future because you can't handle a single team? What if they add Yoda, Luke and others? Maybe you should get better in the game first
  • Options
    Agreed that Plo should be buffed. I have him at max stats ONLY because I am determined to make a clone team work, and let me tell you he is far worse than either of the two clones in this game, and that includes Clone Sergeant.

His attack down very rarely lands, even at max ability level with a 55% chance. It does laughable AoE damage that is not even worth mentioning. His buff removal on autoattack also rarely happens and is often resisted. He is slow, weak, and his specials do very little if anything in a competitive PvP match.
  • Options
    Heronmar wrote: »

So we can't have anymore good Jedi in the future because you can't handle a single team? What if they add Yoda, Luke and others? Maybe you should get better in the game first

That's not good, that's OP and it means there are two same jedi. And you're asking if you can't have good Jedi?

Lumi, QGJ, Old Ben, Aayla, JC, Barriss, Fisto, Ima Gun Di, Koth even Ahsoka. The only ones that need buff or rework are Mace and Plo Koon. Oh I forgot you could also complain about Jedi Knight Guardian I suppose but she gets to Gear9 as well, so not useless either.

And better in the game? Pf I actually want to be an elitist as this forum needs a level50+ section so that we don't get newbies that have seen barely anything other than Chewie teams to talk about buffs and nerfs.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    Agrees with buffing Plo Koon. Keeping his character like this is not giving him the tribute.

Another point to add, can we please change his leader skill !!! Please please please ???
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    Yes buff Plo Koon! I also support @Heronmar idea.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    Plo really needs a buff. At the moment he is just no thread neither a support. He is like windu useless. That is a shame for plo and windu
  • Options
    Directed at knowledgeable players.

I did some research and apparently everyone who's farmed up and used plo Koon rightly considers him garbage because his potency is zero (apparently?) thus his offense down move never really does its trick.
    However after looking at swgohcantina.com the stat sheet shows plo Koon potency at 20% by max level. While that is very low, it isn't zero.

Can anyone shed light or experience on this? Does he indeed have zero potency or has everyone stopped short of maxing him out to fully verify haha.

Cheers
  • Pilot
    470 posts Member
    Options
    He doesn't gain the 20% Potency until Gear level 9.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Jabberwocky
    1809 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    You wouldn't say the same about Sid but check out the stat on my 7* toon.
    He's only 3 slots from gear IX (and one is above the level 70 cap so two slots from current max) and his potency is zero too.
    It's just an added bonus to inflict special effects, it doesn't mean they have zero chance to proc.

Edit: none of Sid's remaining 3 slots to get to IX add potency either.

30uv49g.png
    2hyc7ib.png
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    Plo is great and will be even better when the other Clone Troopers are released. I use him all the time with my light side missions.

also turns Mace Windu into something resembaling useful with this 3 turn def up boost
  • Options
    Quelling blow is why I keep him geared. Dispelling taunt and other buffs has advantages. He's useful on my tank challenge as well.
  • Options
    Perfect. Thank you all. So just to clarify, potency at zero does NOT mean zero percent chance to proc. It's just an additional likely hood?
  • Llewella
    400 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Tenacity is the chance ward off effects.

Potency is the chance to apply effects.

I would think it would go like this (additive) but may not be (may be multiplied). Defending hero has 40% tenacity he is hit by and atacker with 20% potency. 40% tenacity - 20% potency = defender has 20% chance to ward off effect.

Even if off but similar you get idea. Hope this helps.

Edit* spelling
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Plo Koon's signature move, Force Judgment, simply doesn't work very well. I have used Plo Koon for a long time now. Even got him to 7* purple gear because I love him as a character. The ATK down debuff applies at most to one toon every second or third time you use it. The description states that it has a 55% chance to inflict ATK down for 2 turns but I just never see this happen.

Thus Plo Koon seems like a somewhat broken character. He is slow, has average HP, low attack and one of his abilities just doesn't seem to be working.

A redeeming quality is that his standard attack randomly dispels buffs. That's pretty much it.
  • Options
    Nonemo wrote: »
    Plo Koon's signature move, Force Judgment, simply doesn't work very well. I have used Plo Koon for a long time now. Even got him to 7* purple gear because I love him as a character. The ATK down debuff applies at most to one toon every second or third time you use it. The description states that it has a 55% chance to inflict ATK down for 2 turns but I just never see this happen.

Thus Plo Koon seems like a somewhat broken character. He is slow, has average HP, low attack and one of his abilities just doesn't seem to be working.

A redeeming quality is that his standard attack randomly dispels buffs. That's pretty much it.

Granted I only have him at 3*, I have the same experience with him. His basic attack rarely EVER dispels positive effects from the enemy. It gets resisted so much, it makes me think of the IG-100 droids that do some AoE thing that my characters ALWAYS resist. Plo's special rarely EVER applies attack down. MEANWHILE, Phasma's 14% - 16% chance to call an ally to assist pops off numerous times throughout a given match; not my Phasma, AI Phasma, of course.
  • Options
    Plo Koon coulda been the antiPoe
  • Options
    We don't need just one Jedi buff, we need whole Jedi Council update!

Because already we have this:
    -Green no.1 - No one knows where he is. (Or may be...)
    -Master Windu (no.2) is less useful than simple masters, old hermit and two young girls, and that's only from Jedis.
    -No.3 (Long-Headed Guy) - who even remember his name? (Just joking :D)
    -No.4, Master Plo Koon is as weak that rarely who use him and keep just because he was awesome.

Even don't start think about Anakin, because it's too much.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Plo Koon was the only Jedi of his era who could use Force Judgement. Basically a light side version of Force Lightning. Many believed he would be the second Yoda of the Jedi order.

I don't hesitate to call Koon the worst Jedi in the game. Even Mace is more useful. I've got Plo at 7* lv60 and I've been thinking of making a YouTube video of all his resisted AOE attacks. It's ridiculous.

Plo Koon needs a buff or better yet, a skill overhaul, to be viable at all.