What's the earliest month that you wouldn't mind a level cap increase?

Prev1
The most recent level cap increase from level 80 to 85 came about at the end of October 2016. Prior to that, the increase from Level 70 to 80 came about on the 31st of March 2016.

There is about 7 months between these two level cap increases and if CG/EA follow their previous pattern then we are due a level cap increase by the end of May.

I personally wouldn't like a level cap increase in May, i would much prefer it to be in August (No pun intended) i think 3 months from now would be a fair enough time to prepare for the level cap increase.

Also i think it would be wise to rollout the level cap increase at the same time as the new "social" game mode mentioned at Celebration recently.

Replies

• xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    I don't want a lvl cap increase until there is another new or redefined method to obtain both credits and resources
  • xReDeMpx wrote: »
    I don't want a lvl cap increase until there is another new or redefined method to obtain both credits and resources

That's why i think a level cap increase at the same time as the new game mode would be the optimal outcome. With the new game mode come's a new way to acquire credits, gear, Zeta's and maybe even gems.

For example with the ship update gave us a new way to acquire gear quite gear, i for one exclusively use my ship tokens only for cuffs, stun guns and other hard to acquire gear.
  • Sith1
    314 posts Member
    xReDeMpx wrote: »

+1
  • January 1st 2031
  • August
  • Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    Curse this thread. Delete it from the face of the earth!
  • January 1st 2031

By then i should finally unlock General Grievous
  • January 1st 2031

We should also have Jedi Luke by then
  • Cm3Po
    234 posts Member
    I'm ready for it to increase now. We've been stuck at 85 for 6 months already. A lvl increase and a new raid would spark some interest back into the people who are boring out. They should be able to supply us with a new raid every 3 months. More raids equals more credits too.
  • eh. too many raids coming out too quickly could also end up overwhelming players. New stuff is nice, but too much too quickly could throw off a fair amount of people.
  • Bon_El
    435 posts Member
    January 1st 2031

Let's go February 2031.

OR double the credit heist payout and make it a regular weekly occurrence. i.e. every Friday
    Without some new influx of credits, it would stop character progress.
    What would it accomplish aside from giving some whales a short window to buy some separation...
    ~ There is a great disturbance in the forum. ~
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Levels need to go by the wayside. EA/CG would wreck this game if they did such anytime soon. But you know it's coming.

With that said, I wouldn't mind it so much IF they set a max credit amount for max level, and always reverted to that cost (regardless of level increase I. the future), and then always scale the lower levels costs back across down to L1. As it is now, it keeps getting more and more expensive credit wise.
    SnakesOnAPlane

• Bon_El wrote: »
    January 1st 2031

Let's go February 2031.

OR double the credit heist payout and make it a regular weekly occurrence. i.e. every Friday
    What would it accomplish aside from giving some whales a short window to buy some separation...

Mate, even if i had 100mil i would just spend it on mods, the credit bottleneck has long passed. Gear (cuffs, stun guns etc) is the real progress blocker now.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Bon_El wrote: »
    January 1st 2031

Let's go February 2031.

Mate, even if i had 100mil i would just spend it on mods, the credit bottleneck has long passed. Gear (cuffs, stun guns etc) is the real progress blocker now.

Agreed, credits aren't an issue. I don't have many, but that's because I binge on mods. Gear is the crutch, and even worse, it's the same 3-4 pieces that are blocking progression.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • I'm honestly OK with it going up now. 85 seems like an odd number to have as the maximum and we've been there for such a long time that most of us would have our core toons up there.

It would also make HAAT slightly easier for those guilds who haven't made it yet and bring gear 12 into play which would be another dimension.
  • They should have level 100, gear 13, and 8 star all released at the same time
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    November
  • I'm more than ready for a cap increase.

I'm expecting the end of May at the latest. Any longer and they must want people's whole roster to be level 85.

I currently have over half the characters available stuck at level 85. If the cap doesn't come soon with a big enough increase we will need another one in the summer.
  • August

• Forgoodnesssake
    62 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Late June/July would be bearable, August would be better.

It isn't going to follow a fixed 7 month pattern as the Xp gaps & upgrade costs rise so will the time between level cap increases.

They'll need it to happen alongside the release of a new game mode or event too, as new gear is introduced we'll need new ways to earn it.
  • So on one hand I would like to get a higher level,but on the other getting toons from level 85 to 90 would cost 6 million credits. Also if I want a new toon to get to 90 it would be 12 million. So I would only be able to take 4 core members to max level then. A level cap over 90 would be absurd because it would cost way too much.
    Creator of Dutch Bier Alliance [DBA] - Come and join if you're Dutch. More casual/low level? Come join Dutch Bier Alliance Academy [DBAA]
  • Ring
    559 posts Member
    Probably around December, in time for the Episode VIII premiere. Before that, however, I would really like to see some kind of system to utilize all the XP points being wasted when at level cap. Even converting them into 1* training droids would be nice.
  • Bon_El
    435 posts Member
    Bon_El wrote: »
    January 1st 2031

Let's go February 2031.

I agree 100% as it is today. The expense of levelling would change that though.
    ~ There is a great disturbance in the forum. ~
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    There has been rumors for a very long time that 90 would be the cap. I'd be okay if they raise level cap tomorrow if that means we can start gearing the final final final pieces for our characters.
  • Don't care just give us some content. A 5 minute event for a new character isn't content. A new raid, ship GW, guild vs guild pvp. Pvp within guilds (like a training ground) something to do.
  • If the new level cap means new challenges that drop stun cuffs/guns then I am down, I think that lower level gear like carbantis stun guns and cuffs need to be more accessible, g11 is where the crunch should and already does happen, with the awful drop rates from the tank raid we don't need to get slowed down getting characters to gear 9.
  • Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member
    Earliest month i would say should be October
  • ctyc123
    328 posts Member
    No please no...
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    August, lol

No, seriously, I honestly think no earlier than July to be fair.

I guess the next level cap would be 90?

In all seriousness I think a final level cap should be 100, eventually.

Otherwise you'd never get to upgrade new toons that come out, when you add level to increasing gear, abilities etc. - it has to eventually stop somewhere...right??
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Levels need to go by the wayside. EA/CG would wreck this game if they did such anytime soon. But you know it's coming.

With that said, I wouldn't mind it so much IF they set a max credit amount for max level, and always reverted to that cost (regardless of level increase I. the future), and then always scale the lower levels costs back across down to L1. As it is now, it keeps getting more and more expensive credit wise.

This. The current economic structure of the game wouldn't adequately support a cap level increase. The reason has to do with exactly what SOAP outlined above - that is, the exponential cost of leveling as you get near the current cap. And that doesn't include the gear.

Honestly, before they raise the level cap again, the gear and leveling costs need to be either reworked or supplemented in some way. The credit heist made up for the leveling cost from 80-85 (the bump in GW rewards helped as well).

They would need to introduce something along those lines AND another method to obtain gear (a second raid + fleet shop/guild shop was the method for 85).

If they do all of that, I would be fine with a level cap increase. If they don't, it would be akin to moving the finish line AND making the end of the race up hill at a 45 degree angle - and knowing this game the way I do (and it's player base) that would lead to some looking at the new finish line and go "You know, it just isn't worth it."
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*