Who shot first? - Question about speed against Rex L

Tiggus
766 posts Member
I was a bit surprised at how the turn order happened for the first turn in most of my Arena battles (vs. triple cleanse teams infecting my shard).

On my side: VaderZ lead, Boba and Tie Pilot both at speed 250
On the other side: Rex Lead (204), Chirrut (217), GK (194). All of them not enough to reach 250 even with Rex's 15%/7.5% TM bonus.

Take a second to think of how you'd think this unfolds, then read below and see if that matches:
  1. Boba goes with AoE, ability blocks some of them
  2. All 3 (I think - more than 1 for sure) of their cleansers go in some random order
  3. Tie Pilot goes

I haven't seen if Boba scored some crits (I guess he did), but even if he did, how come GK at 194 + 7.5% TM (or even Chirrut at 217 + 7.5 TM) went before Tie Pilot who was sitting at 250, tied for first turn?
☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/

Replies

• Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    It's tm gain per crit not just per attack.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Nebulous wrote: »

Boom! Rex lead is giving them an immediate +30% TM gain when he Disciplines, plus another 5% for each effect dispelled, and 7.5% on those that Boba critted on (why does that not sound right to say? LOL!). WAI.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Tiggus
    766 posts Member
    Nebulous wrote: »
    Wow, that means up to 75% TM gain, that's quite an ability! It makes me almost want Shoretrooper to give the crit immunity to the opposite team, not mine ;)

Or this is what Nihilus's lead is about?...
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Nihlihus bypasses Rex lead. But Rex is still viable on a counter squad. His big hit deals so much damage against a DN lead. When he dispels he gains a lot TM for his team and puts tenacity up for 3 turns. I often play Rex against DN lead and don't even bother switching him out of lead unless I feel like it. Plus some DN teams are hybrid teams and his lead is still relevant then.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Rex is even a better leader than some others on rebel teams, not even being a rebel. I've seen him used on a sith and empire teams! He doesn't seem like much but he's awesome. You need a good taunter to play Rex though.