Droids or QGJ + Sidius team?

eyfron
19 posts Member
edited February 2016
Hi every one, since I was lucky and my server is new i manage to get top 10 (normally top 3) with consistency and collect a good amount of arena shards/crystals daily.
My team now is:
Sidius 7*
Luminara 7*
GS 6*
Poggle 6*
Poe 6* (yes Im using Poe and Im a scum, i know i know...)
My doubt is, what you guys think its better? A droid team with Poggle (L) + IG86 + IG88 + GS + Poe or a misc team with Sidius (L) + GS + Luminara + QGJ + Poe?

I have a good amount of GW crystals (i was able to finish GW everyday since I start I dont know how) and arena shipments to spend, I already have ig 88 at 4* and ig86 at 3* and can put both on 6* np. My QGJ is a 2* only but and can get him in 4* with my cantina credits that I saved.
ID:Maxmoff
Ally Code: 123-286-337

Replies

• Tony167
    231 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I'd go with option 2. I use Sid, QGJ, Poe, GS and FOTP. Think it works great. Takes out droid teams pretty easily. I know my team is 1 toon different than yours but it's pretty close.

Im on a newer server myself and this squad keeps me on the top majority of the time.
  • Options
    Tony167 wrote: »
    I'd go with option 2. I use Sid, QGJ, Poe, GS and FOTP. Think it works great. Takes out droid teams pretty easily. I know my team is 1 toon different than yours but it's pretty close.

Im on a newer server myself and this squad keeps me on the top majority of the time.

Umm thats is nice to know, perhaps in the future I can switch Luminara for Rey (I have her at 4* but no way to use her at this lv =( )...
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Problem with droids is you get stuck with them. It is hard to add things, as you need the sinergy. Your other team allow more customization
  • Options
    Oh, I definitely go with Sid and QGJ.I have Sid not qGj, but it's ok. Sid is a great hero. For droids, i"d highly recomend IGG86. He's amazing. great all around hero. can fit anywhere and everywhere.
  • Options
    2nd option for sure. Helps you get a Jedi for the event and its a better team that is more fun imo. QGJ is really cool, as is GS.
  • Options
    The odd part is, people on reddit was telling me the exact opposite and go with Droids hahaha.
    The prob is not getting the toons (since QGJ/IG88/IG86 can be farmed at the same time) but who focus on farming the gear right now x_x
  • Options
    Option 1 deals more damage and has better synergy but requires you to gear and star 2 toons. Option 2 is more interchangeable (i.e. less restrictive in the future) and requires you to only gear and star 1 toon.
  • Options
    I have basically the same team as you right now (except one star lower on both Poe and Poggle). I'm a little stuck too, but my plan is to change gradually and see what new things come in the update. I am spending my GW tokens on IG-86 rather than starring up Poggle further. Once he is strong enough, he will probably replace Lumi for me, since healers are getting more useless in arena given how quick they are. I like the IG-86/Geo combo with both calling an assist and dealing big individual damage. After that we'll see. I've toyed with putting someone like resistance pilot or hoth rebel scout in the team to take advantage of the assists, but it probably hurts the other synergies too much.
    I may eventually go for droids (am currently stashing arena tokens in case I want IG88). I am also currently farming QGJ and Rey but it will take a while to get both of them sufficiently starred (especially Rey).