What is the dumbest thing you've ever heard on the forum.

Replies

• Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Options
    Players occasionally post weird stuff.
    But the "dumbest" things I've seen are warnings from mods in fact.

Like when asking politely where a topic was moved to: warned for calling out Moderators or Officials
    Or a warning for "asking for refunds". Please, what, are you just randomly blocking posts?

Lol I wonder if the m o d s even check this section
  • Options
    Olddumper wrote: »
    Lol I wonder if the m o d s even check this section

They don't. It's offtopic.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options
    Spotremix.
  • Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    The guy last week who was complaining about new people getting into the top 20.

This deserves honorably mention.
  • Options
    The I'm standard I'm not going to complain.... proceeds to complain post.
  • Options
    Any post that starts with "I'm F2P on xxx shard"
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    Options
    Mullato wrote: »
    Spotremix.

+1,000,000
    Although I already did say it. Great minds think alike.

Anastrazza used to bug me, but she doesn't post much anymore.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
  • Options
    Getting warnings for words that aren't​ profane whatsoever.
  • Options
    ABNRAS wrote: »
    The guy that was complaining about toons being called Zader, Zylo, Zaul, etc. as opposed to Zeta Vader, Zeta Kylo.........

+1
  • QuasarIngwer48
    194 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I'd still like to add:
    All "guild looking for members" threads in Guides, Off Topic or General Discussion.
    It can't be THAT hard to find the Guild Recruitment section, right?
  • Tman
    257 posts Member
    Options
    The prequel trilogy is better than the original trilogy

TESB is awful

Me

Myself

I

Tom Brady is not GOAT
    I am more powerful than the Chancellor- Anikan Skywalker and Tman
  • Options
    "In my honest opinion" or "In my opinion"
    They've been getting up there
    We already know that the majority of this entire forum is opinion based, much like this comment, but adding that it an opinion even an honest one makes no sense
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    Options
    Tman wrote: »
    The prequel trilogy is better than the original trilogy

TESB is awful

Me

Myself

I

Tom Brady is not GOAT

Tom Brady isn't a GOAT though.
    (Unless you mean GOAT at cheating)
  • Options
    Belfazar wrote: »
    We already know that the majority of this entire forum is opinion based, much like this comment, but adding that it an opinion even an honest one makes no sense

"imho" means "in my humble opinion" if you refer to that.
    It's just kindness. Since when is that dumb?
  • Options
    Belfazar wrote: »

"imho" means "in my humble opinion" if you refer to that.
    It's just kindness. Since when is that dumb?

Well I stand corrected. Thanks.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Supercat wrote: »

i dunno... the "make Boba empire" thread gives that one a run for it's money
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    Supercat wrote: »

i dunno... the "make Boba empire" thread gives that one a run for it's money

Didn't see it.

Humanity disgusts me sometimes.

The funny thing is we can agree what is dumb, but we argue about Disney (PS I just like arguing :P)
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Every time someone resurrects a 9 month (or older) old thread. Especially if they're replying like someone is still asking for a Dooku nerf. Seriously, how many pages did you have to scroll through? Or did you just search and blindly reply without looking at the date?
  • Ansroff
    283 posts Member
    Options
    This title, "dumb" means you are unable to speak. "He was rendered deaf and dumb", Change it to "silliest".

Nevermind, this one.

• Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    Options

That's funny lol
    This title, "dumb" means you are unable to speak. "He was rendered deaf and dumb", Change it to "silliest".

Nevermind, this one.

He knew he was doing that... I think
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Ventress does not deserve a sith tag because she was not a sith...really?
  • Options
    Anyone hoping to get Padme as a playable character. Total dud in the movies, only saving factor is she looked good. Everything she did/said, just dumb.
  • Options
    Klocko wrote: »
    Every time someone resurrects a 9 month (or older) old thread. Especially if they're replying like someone is still asking for a Dooku nerf. Seriously, how many pages did you have to scroll through? Or did you just search and blindly reply without looking at the date?

People may "resurrect" them because if they start a new thread that is similar, then pretty much every response is "there is hundred of threads on this topic already, go respond to one of them instead of making a whole new thread." And then not too long later, the new thread they start gets shut down/closed or deleted by a mod/admin.

I've seen it happen many times. Not just on the GOH forums, but other places. GameFAQS, IMDB (when it still had forums), Batman: Arkham Knight forums (or WB Games forums altogether (whatever the official name is)), and other mobile games' forums.

So they probably just did a search and then responded to a pre-existing thread instead of creating a new one and getting "yelled" at for it, plus have it eventually deleted or closed.
  • Options

People may "resurrect" them because if they start a new thread that is similar, then pretty much every response is "there is hundred of threads on this topic already, go respond to one of them instead of making a whole new thread." And then not too long later, the new thread they start gets shut down/closed or deleted by a mod/admin.

I've seen it happen many times. Not just on the GOH forums, but other places. GameFAQS, IMDB (when it still had forums), Batman: Arkham Knight forums (or WB Games forums altogether (whatever the official name is)), and other mobile games' forums.

So they probably just did a search and then responded to a pre-existing thread instead of creating a new one and getting "yelled" at for it, plus have it eventually deleted or closed.

Umm, when people say "there are hundreds of threads on this topic already so don't make a new one" they don't mean to go necro an old thread, They mean go read those other threads first because more than most likely their question/concern has already been addressed multiple times in the past.
  • ProximaB1_
    1093 posts Member
    Options

Umm, when people say "there are hundreds of threads on this topic already so don't make a new one" they don't mean to go necro an old thread, They mean go read those other threads first because more than most likely their question/concern has already been addressed multiple times in the past.

That made me laugh. +1
  • Options

I was just talking about when someone wants to add their 2 cents or whatever you want to call it about something or further discuss the topic. They get "yelled" at that there is a hundred or more topics already on the subject, and everyone is telling them to go do a forum search for similar topics and reply there instead of creating a whole new thread for it. Kind of like threads for trailers. There will be 10-20 threads of someone starting a "thoughts on trailers" thread. Then a few days later someone will repost a link to the trailer and ask for everyone's thoughts. Then everyone will reply to that thread to say do a forum search and tell the person to read that and reply there with their two cents/thoughts on the trailer instead of creating a new one.

I hope that helps understand what I was talking about. I got what you were saying. But sometimes they aren't looking for answers or something. They just want to continue the discussion, but they start a new thread about it and get "yelled" at for it since there is hundreds or so threads on it already that they could post it.

But yeah. That's what I was talking about. My bad for not clarifying in my first post.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    The weekly "Where's the Heist!" threads that pop up like dandelions. Just can't get rid of them.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
This discussion has been closed.