Defense up --> health shield

Llewella
400 posts Member
edited February 2016
I'll keep this short and simple as I just wanted to get this idea in print.

The defense up buff is negligible compared to offense up and the damage currently in the game. The only defensive stats that matter are health and your ability to avoid damage or effects (i.e. dodge, deflection, and tenacity.). My suggestion would be to replace defense up with a temporary health shield. If the meta is to remain high damage I believe this is the only way to make it relevant. Thanks, glhf.

Replies

• Offense up increases damage by 50%
    You would figure that defense of should reduce damage by 50%
    But it dosent it only increases your armour by 50% which is absolutely useless
    You're right defense up should be changed from 50% more armour
    Too
    50% less damage received
  • If you made defense up a complete shield against damage it would be OP as characters like ima gun Di can apply defense up to the whole team
  • @bleeaauuh that's a good idea too. A flat damage reduction.
  • I just think it should work the same way as offense up, so they counter eachother exactly. Some aspects of this game don't seem very well thought through. The devs should take a look at how Pokemon games work
    Very very very good mechanics
  • i agree an exact counter buff would be appropriate.

I do like the idea of a temporary %health shield for a future ability still.
  • Foresight basically does that
  • Llewella
    400 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    That is 100 percent avoid an attack which is a little different.

A shield would be like a premptive heal.
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Armor is just too weak. If they multiplied it several times it would still be counterable two ways: offense up and the skill that bypasses armor (that I don't remember the name of 'cause it's practically useless)
  • Llewella
    400 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Armor penetration. Yes I agree
  • Great idea. Armor should mean more, yet be harder to come by. Give an aspect to be able to resist high DPS. Many decades-old games have this stuff.
  • 33% less damage received would offset the offense up buff of +50% damage. 50% reduction sounds much harsher anyway when thinking about all those teams that don't use offense up.

I'd like to see a round number, like 30% damage reduction for the team as a character buff.

Leader abilities that currently say defense up should instead say ...% damage reduced for Jedi/party/etc.

%dmg reduction is what most of us probably thought in the first days or weeks anyway right?

Knights of the Mobile Republic
  • I agree with making armor mean more but I'm beginning to think the player base as whole is expecting too much balance from freemium game. This thing is engineered to make money for EA not be balanced as a esport. Most of force awakens characters are all stronger and flashier than the launch characters and that was supposed to make you open your wallet. When the next movie comes out you can bet the new characters then will be imba. If Poe is driving you nuts now you should get off the ride because it's going to happen again and again and again.