This Dark Side team is rocking my GW!

Lekrom1982
343 posts Member
edited April 2017
I am finding great success with the following team comp in Galactic War. Not ready yet to port to Arena to replace my Sith team, but let's hear what you think about this one...?

Boba Fett (can lead with him for extra crit damage)
- for obvious reasons (ability block, execute, DoTs, multiple attacks, revive)

Darth Maul
- daze and TM gain on execute, modded for speed and crit dmg

Kylo Ren
- retribution, stun, multiple attacks, just a menace

Captain Phasma
- for TM gain, advantage for team and speed down on enemies
- can swop out lead with Boba for those assists and Kylo synergy

Royal Guard
- for that auto taunt and some stun/speed down assistance
- defence up also helps nicely

None of these are zeta yet, in fact only Boba is close to 7*
Maul close to 6*
Phasma on 6*
Kylo and RG only 4* but almost 5* and working on them.
All gearing between 7 and 9

As is this team took me nearly all the way except for 2 GW-node-12 toons that remained that I finished off with my Nihilus led main sith team.

I could sub in Sith Trooper as well...will try that tomorrow.

Replies

• I ran a similar comp in Arena and as one of my GW teams before making a switch to a full sith team in GW and a DN/Maul/Dooku/SiTrooper/Boba team in arena.

The only difference was I used ST Han instead of RG, and in arena, I would sometimes swap DN for Maul against DN leads with Dooku. Was very effective in arena vs any of the current top/meta teams. Almost regret making the change to sith.
  • @Inyan_Soi_Leau that's a cool sith team. I am working on my Maul, Dooku only just unlocked at 3* so will take a while.

My arena team is DN lead, Vader, Sid, SiTrooper and Boba. Only recently got my SiTrooper beefed up enough and replaced Phasma with him. I do miss the extra turns I got from Phasma (or from SA when I run her) but SiT just eats up so much of the opposing team's time and damage that he's really helped me a lot - broke top100 today for first time since I started in early Jan. I just omega'd DN's basic which helps cooldown force drain for every dispel and that works well too.

Once my Maul is ready I will have another dilemma - do I replace Vader or Sidious?
    Boba is indispensable with AB for Wedge and Chaze teams. Vader is my strongest toon and I often one-shot opponents with culling blade and lay down nice ability blocks and DoTs for Nihilus. Sidious is nearly maxed out and I am very keen to see how his extra expose on his first special will help me take out opponents.

Who would you replace to make way for Maul, if any?
  • Lekrom1982 wrote: »
    @Inyan_Soi_Leau that's a cool sith team. I am working on my Maul, Dooku only just unlocked at 3* so will take a while.

My arena team is DN lead, Vader, Sid, SiTrooper and Boba. Only recently got my SiTrooper beefed up enough and replaced Phasma with him. I do miss the extra turns I got from Phasma (or from SA when I run her) but SiT just eats up so much of the opposing team's time and damage that he's really helped me a lot - broke top100 today for first time since I started in early Jan. I just omega'd DN's basic which helps cooldown force drain for every dispel and that works well too.

Once my Maul is ready I will have another dilemma - do I replace Vader or Sidious?
    Boba is indispensable with AB for Wedge and Chaze teams. Vader is my strongest toon and I often one-shot opponents with culling blade and lay down nice ability blocks and DoTs for Nihilus. Sidious is nearly maxed out and I am very keen to see how his extra expose on his first special will help me take out opponents.

Who would you replace to make way for Maul, if any?

That's tough. If Vader is your best, then I would say Sidious, but Sidious is pretty fast.

Really though, you have Boba and Vader filling the same role (applying debuffs), and Execute dispells and applies bonus damage for buffs as well as debuffs. Culling Blade does not, so Vader will do you no good against the Rexs and Chirruts of the world. Maul also applies debuffs (daze), and he often dazes the entire team for me. You only need one debuff on a toon for Force Drain.

I would base it on how fast your Maul is/can be versus how fast your Vader is. The quicker you can get SiTrooper's Taunt/Retribution up, the more effective he can be and the longer he will last. And you need Sith Specials to do that. You need 3 if ST's unique isn't Omega'd, 2 if it is. He isn't any good if you can't get at least his taunt up quick.

• Lekrom1982
    343 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    @Inyan_Soi_Leau thanks - lots to think about.

I guess I can switch out Vader and Maul depending on who I face?
    My Maul is only slightly faster than Vader. My Sid is very fast and usually Boba goes and he goes before any of the opposing team attacks. Vader goes 3rd, then Nihilus and then SiTrooper. So I normally get the taunt up by first enemy turn, and sometimes even the counter.

Once I 6* my Maul I'll play more with that substitute? My Vader is over 6.5k power and GIX, and not yet 6*. Maul is just over 5k power now GVIII
  • Lekrom1982 wrote: »
    @Inyan_Soi_Leau thanks - lots to think about.

I guess I can switch out Vader and Maul depending on who I face?
    My Maul is only slightly faster than Vader. My Sid is very fast and usually Boba goes and he goes before any of the opposing team attacks. Vader goes 3rd, then Nihilus and then SiTrooper. So I normally get the taunt up by first enemy turn, and sometimes even the counter.

Once I 6* my Maul I'll play more with that substitute? My Vader is over 6.5k power and GIX, and not yet 6*. Maul is just over 5k power now GVIII

I think switching out is a viable option. If your vader is moving before the enemy does, count yourself lucky. That's pretty good. But Maul will be very useful, especially against rebels. That daze is just as effective as AB against Wiggs. Something else to consider is Chaze. If Chirrut grants Tenacity Up to everyone before your Vader is able to go, Force Crush is useless, as is Culling Blade. To that effect, Whirling Blades will not be effective either, so it's a toss up between the two.