If they wont give us Jedi Luke...

Would it be fair to ask that the current Luke Skywalker gets a rework?

Considering he has the rebel tag, the character MUST have aqquired a lightsaber by this point. Even if he was built like sabine with a blaster and a saber attack this would be acceptable. I think its a huge waste of such an important character..

Replies

• There will never be a Jedi Luke. It is an inside joke at EA. This game revolves around farming characters. So the main character in the game is farmer Luke.
  • It's been heavily implied recently that R2 and Luke are coming in the very near future. Quite how they will be implemented remains to be seen. We do have a fair idea about Artoo and his abilities though.
    I fight the good fight
  • i just think a character named 'Luke Skywalker' should have more than a shotgun. A rework would definitely be fair and considering his importance to the francise its kinda disrespectful to have him sitting on the bench with a shotgun
  • Dreislao wrote: »
    It's been heavily implied recently that R2 and Luke are coming in the very near future. Quite how they will be implemented remains to be seen. We do have a fair idea about Artoo and his abilities though.

I'm sorry but "two fan favorites" does not heavily imply Luke and R2. I'm sorry to disappoint you.
  • I think it's more disrespectful to not pay homage to his humble beginnings as a farm boy with his hunting rifle. As I already mentioned a new version of Luke has been implied to be in the works .. soon.
    I fight the good fight
  • Pzb14
    23 posts Member
    Farmer Luke, jedi Luke, old Luke, Pilot Luke...many toons to come
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    i just think a character named 'Luke Skywalker' should have more than a shotgun. A rework would definitely be fair and considering his importance to the francise its kinda disrespectful to have him sitting on the bench with a shotgun

It's not meant to be disrespectful. Yoda and Palpatine were added via special events. Han and General Kenobi came to the game via raids. The iconic characters were purposefully held back to be acquired in a more dramatic way than just farming. This way the devs could give some prestige to their arrival, aaaaaaaand monetize it if we're being honest.

Can't fault them for that. The game stays more interesting if they hold a little back. We always have something to look forward to. Seems smart to me. Be patient. We'll get him eventually.
  • StarWhales wrote: »
    Dreislao wrote: »
    It's been heavily implied recently that R2 and Luke are coming in the very near future. Quite how they will be implemented remains to be seen. We do have a fair idea about Artoo and his abilities though.

I'm sorry but "two fan favorites" does not heavily imply Luke and R2. I'm sorry to disappoint you.

Apologies, but I'm not disappointed I was merely making an assumption based on what we already know and the hints given in the recent patch notes. It's of no importance to me if or when these characters are added.
    I fight the good fight
  • Dreislao wrote: »
    StarWhales wrote: »

Apologies, but I'm not disappointed I was merely making an assumption based on what we already know and the hints given in the recent patch notes. It's of no importance to me if or when these characters are added.

Beep beep boop beep can mean a lot of things, possibly R2. Two fan favorites more than likely means Jar Jar and Jango, or Padme and Jabba.
  • Viserys
    461 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    StarWhales wrote: »

The fan favorites they are alluding to are obviously Salacious Crumb and the GNK droid
  • @StarWhales
    Beep beep boop beep can mean a lot of things, possibly R2. Two fan favorites more than likely means Jar Jar and Jango, or Padme and Jabba.[/quote]

You are absolutely correct it could mean any or non of those, however the general consensus among the wider player base is that it will be Artoo and Luke. It absolutely might not be but let's not make any wild assumptions .
    I fight the good fight
  • I think it is a Wampa and Vulture droid.

What do you think Drieslow
  • I think it is a Wampa and Vulture droid.

What do you think Drieslow

I think everyone is entitled to form their own assumptions and opinions on the matter. I posted mine others posted theirs. The world carries on.
    I fight the good fight
  • GOH is a recent game and i bet they have plans for Jedi Luke. That farmer joke (if ever that was actually serious) is on the verge of expiring as i see it. Obviously with the new movies airing, it's understandable not to release him just yet. More likely it's been a postponed "project". On the other hand, it's also legitimate to think they should have released him already. After all this is not a new character we're talking about. Unlike Thrawn which is relatively new for example.

Let's wait and see and be patient. I'd rather see them revamping current toons and revising synergies before releasing new content tbh. Adding new content without fixing what's wrong, doesn't seem the right strategy to me. And it wouldn't take much of their time either.

My 2 cents anyway.
  • Would it be fair to ask that the current Luke Skywalker gets a rework?

Considering he has the rebel tag, the character MUST have aqquired a lightsaber by this point. Even if he was built like sabine with a blaster and a saber attack this would be acceptable. I think its a huge waste of such an important character..

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/102511/jedi-pass-month-ideas-luke-jtg-kit-plo-mace-old-ben-cin-drallig-eeth-koth
  • i just think a character named 'Luke Skywalker' should have more than a shotgun. A rework would definitely be fair and considering his importance to the francise its kinda disrespectful to have him sitting on the bench with a shotgun

In the new trailer it shows luke using saber and force push. He deflects blaster bolts also. one of tje devs at the celebration said ome of the new fan favs would be able to do something no other toon has done before with ability wise. So it is pointing towards luke jedi. and i agree 1000% as star wars galaxy of heroes doesnt have saber weilding luke . And the shot gun toon is lack luster at that. But the devs are good on things . I think they will release him coming soon. Like han or ep and gk event style is cool witb me. He could be mauls nerf . Watch the trailer .