Can we add Character Lore

christopher152003
381 posts Member
edited April 2017
I just think it would be a cool idea to have the lore for each character added to the game to give a little background to who each character is. I was born in 78, and have been in love with Star Wars since I could remember but, I still do not know who a few of the characters are in the game. I have played other games that have this feature and it makes for a more engrossing game.

Replies

• I don't think this is necessary. There are a lot of thing to be done about the game, and adding something that can be googled easily is the last thing the devs should bother doing. Character lore is usually used in games that have their own characters, everything is known about Star Wars, so it's really unnecessary in my opinion. ^^
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    I just think it would be a cool idea to have the lore for each character added to the game to give a little background to who each character is. I was born in 78, and have been in love with Star Wars since I could remember but, I still do not know who a few of the characters are in the game. I have played other games that have this feature and it makes for a more engrossing game.

Look at Wookiepedia if you have any questions.
  • The problem is characters' abilities borrow from canon & legends, making them amalgamations.

Barriss is highly skilled with telekinesis and never heals anyone in canon. All her healing abilities are from legends. It would become confusing and really lengthy.

Wookieepedia is you best bet.
  • I already know where to find info, they have this new fangled thing called the internet it has google on it. I am talking about short synopsis of each character not entire life stories. Not everyone wants to leave game just to get a short bit of info about a character.
  • Well the canon is constantly changing so it would be hard to do that. Also will make the game even more bulky
  • This will be filed in the same bin as the updated graphics thread and the recent sound thread... What's with this week, this week?
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Sunod10
    211 posts Member
    No thx. Just google that crap.
  • If the Toon was not in the 8 movies, nor the 2 TV series, sure. But why would we need it?

But why waste space for text? I'd say the Devs should be working on the Toons themselves.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • I just think it would be a cool idea to have the lore for each character added to the game to give a little background to who each character is. I was born in 78, and have been in love with Star Wars since I could remember but, I still do not know who a few of the characters are in the game. I have played other games that have this feature and it makes for a more engrossing game.

+1. The DC comics rip off version of this game has character biographies when you look at their stat page. This would be a cool addition
  • I was also born in 1978 and have been a Star Wars fan all my life. I would like to see lore, too.
  • Kissycat
    410 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Honestly I don't care much either way. Would be a kinda cool addition so I don't have to search anywhere else for the info. But I doubt it'll happen. There's bugs in the game currently over a year old that I'd rather see fixed first.
    Post edited by phroxenphyre on
  • PremierVenoth
    2285 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    @christopher152003 - thank you for the suggestion, but I'm sure you can also see there's a mass of people who want bug fixes, new ways of playing the game, different stages, additional ships and content, and so are leary about text being added to a fairly popular title, namely Star Wars. In terms of this forum and the internet in general, there hasn't been any trolling on here.
    Post edited by phroxenphyre on
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Let's stay focussed on discussing the topic at hand, please.