GAME UPDATE - 12/7/2015

2Next

Replies

• EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Are you seeing the health percentages equalized AND the characters get healed? Barriss' health equalization will not be affected by the healing immunity debuff, but the heal that comes afterwards is.

@EA_Jesse with all due respect, this is a play on words, a technicality, and semantics. you can try to get around this issue by naming the healing "equalization", but at the end of the day, the violation is there: the health was increased on a character despite having a so-called "healing immunity" debuff applied.

it totally goes against the spirit and intent of the healing immunity debuff -- which is, to prevent the health from increasing at it's current level no matter what.

healing is healing. you cannot step around this by calling it "equalization". health went UP. this is by definition healing!
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    woodchuck wrote: »
    And it also happened when Barriss was alone all by herself. She had healing immunity yet was able to heal right through the debuff.

That I'd need to see a screenshot for, because I am 99% sure I have seen her try to heal herself with the debuff on and it did absolutely nothing.

I will try to get a screenshot if the scenario comes up again!!!
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    I don't consider it a technicality. I think it's very specifically a different ability and should function just as it does.
    The only character on more teams than Barriss is Sideous. We don't need to nerf Barriss's ONLY real ability to make one of Sideous's even stronger.
    If they nerf Barriss in any way, I will be very hesitant about the next $50 pack that they offer. And I am far from alone in that.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.

I don't consider it a technicality. I think it's very specifically a different ability and should function just as it does.
    The only character on more teams than Barriss is Sideous. We don't need to nerf Barriss's ONLY real ability to make one of Sideous's even stronger.
    If they nerf Barriss in any way, I will be very hesitant about the next $50 pack that they offer. And I am far from alone in that.

on my server, that was true about a week ago. but now, the top ten mostly contain teams without Sid.

I thought that was already going to happen. someone said that @EA_Jesse confirmed in the bugs thread that they were indeed going to nerf BOTH Dooku and Barriss.

I also paid for Dooku and Barriss and they are both an important part of my team. Legally, I can argue that I paid for Dooku and Barriss with the specific stats and abilities they held at the time that I paid for them. And regardless of any opinions crying "OP" or not, this is a sort of legal binding, and any "nerfing" of Dooku or Barriss' stats/properties henceforth is a unilateral breach of this contract. It undermines the value of what I initially paid for.

They call it "balancing" but this act is also eroding value for all those that paid for it. It happens all the time with games these days, and I don't how they can get away with it without anyone suing them. In my opinion, once they publish something and sell it, it sticks, good or not. They have to live with it. They cannot fix their problems at the buyer's expense if they did not do sufficient QA or beta-testing or balance testing. They are skirting their responsibilities (and costs) to the players. Saying, "Okay, we did one day of testing with our skeleton crew of 5 developers/QA, and the team lead, and the project manager also, and it seems balanced! Let's release the game and if any problems arise later, we'll simply balance things later!"

Sucks to be players.

• woodchuck wrote: »
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Are you seeing the health percentages equalized AND the characters get healed? Barriss' health equalization will not be affected by the healing immunity debuff, but the heal that comes afterwards is.

@EA_Jesse with all due respect, this is a play on words, a technicality, and semantics. you can try to get around this issue by naming the healing "equalization", but at the end of the day, the violation is there: the health was increased on a character despite having a so-called "healing immunity" debuff applied.

it totally goes against the spirit and intent of the healing immunity debuff -- which is, to prevent the health from increasing at it's current level no matter what.

healing is healing. you cannot step around this by calling it "equalization". health went UP. this is by definition healing!

What Jesse said is how it works. I don't understand why you are complaining about this. It is very easy to solve this problem with the right team setup and skills. I don't think they need to change this at all. Healing immunity does exactly what it says it does and prevents the heal from occuring. The equalization portion isn't a heal at all, it's just a redistribution of all units health. If all their HP is low, then it won't do squat. I just don't see any need to change anything here.
  • woodchuck
    53 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Starkiller wrote: »
    What Jesse said is how it works. I don't understand why you are complaining about this. It is very easy to solve this problem with the right team setup and skills. I don't think they need to change this at all. Healing immunity does exactly what it says it does and prevents the heal from occuring. The equalization portion isn't a heal at all, it's just a redistribution of all units health. If all their HP is low, then it won't do squat. I just don't see any need to change anything here.

that's fine. it's just a difference in interpretation. had they called Sid's skill "No Health Can Go Up At All, Not Even Due To Equalization Or Anything Else" Immunity, then there wouldn't be any misinterpretations.

• Starkiller wrote: »
    If all their HP is low, then it won't do squat. I just don't see any need to change anything here.

and besides, nobody plays like that. nobody spreads their firepower across all characters just to circumvent Barriss' equalization ability.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    There are other ways to handle Barriss. And she can only heal once every 5 turns. Tempt her into wasting it, and by the time she can use it again, you pretty much either have the fight under control or you were going to lose anyway.
    I run with Dooku, Luminara and Asajj and among the three of them, they have enough ability blocks and stuns to deal with Barriss.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
    There are other ways to handle Barriss. And she can only heal once every 5 turns. Tempt her into wasting it, and by the time she can use it again, you pretty much either have the fight under control or you were going to lose anyway.
    I run with Dooku, Luminara and Asajj and among the three of them, they have enough ability blocks and stuns to deal with Barriss.

my 3* Dooku is becoming really squishy now. my 4* Asajj is collecting dust at lvl 40 since there were other characters that I placed higher priority to. i am 48/50 to unlocking Luminara.