Which new features would you like to see added to the game?

Spyda
318 posts Member
edited April 2017
Which of the following features would you like to see added to the game?

I imagine the following items should be fairly easy to implement and make up a more realistic set of expectations-

In no particular order:
  1. A multi purchase option for Bronzium Packs
  2. The ability to view how many people fought against your arena team each day along with stats on wins, losses, and the details of the opposing teams
  3. The ability to watch a replay of those matches
  4. An option for live arena matches
  5. An option to battle against a friend or guild members team
  6. The ability to challenge a friend or guild member to a live duel
  7. The ability to see the requirements and rewards for challenges and events that you do not qualify for yet, or that are not yet available.
  8. The ability to view a sortable/filterable list of all of the equipment needed by your characters with a number to indicate how much of each item is needed as well as the normal links to where each item can be found
  9. When showing each character that needs a particular item, include the characters that require it for their current tier but aren't a high enough level to equip it yet, but indicate the difference perhaps by marking those characters with a red overlay?
  10. On the character overview screen, provide in each item slot some kind of visual marker to indicate that the character's level is to low to equip an item in that slot (even when the item has not been acquired yet). Include other visual markers to show whether a gold, purple, blue, green, or white item is needed for that slot
  11. An alternative UI screen for mods that allows you to quickly see (at once) all of the primary and secondary stats on the mods equipped to the currently selected character
  12. The ability to lock/save/name a 6-mod set that can then be equipped and unequipped as a block on any of your characters as you see fit (the cost to unequip would remain the same)
  13. The ability to see all of the locations that a particular ship or character shard can be found. If it's not currently available in those locations, indicate that with a red overlay and push those locations to the end of the list (For example, it should indicate in-game that it is possible to purchase Tie Advanced shards from the Fleet Shop even when they're not currently in rotation)
  14. The ability to add characters or ships to a watch list that will send you notifications when they become available via shipments

This next list makes up a less realistic set of expectations as I imagine they would require more significant changes to be made to the game:
  1. Objective battles that involve both air and ground units. (An example might be a 5-round battle that plays out the first two battles in space as you try to break through a blockaid to reach an imperial cruiser, and the remaining three battles would utilize the crew of any remaining ships to fight on that cruiser to free a captive or eliminate a threat)
  2. Battle sequences (like galactic war) that require you to divide your roster into multiple groups that will each have to fulfill various objectives for you to be successful overall. (For example, in a simulation of the battle on Endor you might have to divid your roster into 3 groups. One to infiltrate and take out the shield generator on the planet of Endor, one to hold off the advancing imperial troops while the first group completes their mission, and one group of pilots to take out vital targets on the Deathstar 2.0 after the shield goes down). These sequences could be designed to be completed by your roster alone, or perhaps others could be designed to be completed cooperativly with guildies or friends
  3. Cooperative battles/challenges that allow you to combine your 5-man team with a friend/guild members 5-man team to take down a larger foe. (If needed, the friend/guildies team could be controlled by the AI)
  4. (This might be the hardest one to implement) Grid based space battles that utilize a ships movement and maneuverability as a key aspect of the fight (akin to the Star Wars X-Wing miniatures game).

Are there any other changes that you all would like to see in upcoming months?

Replies

• I would like a feature that can fix the numerous outstanding bugs.
  • amix
    6 posts Member
    The ability to lock/save/name a 6-mod set that can then be equipped and unequipped as a block on any of your characters as you see fit (the cost to unequip would remain the same)
    Need this !
  • Great great ideas here cg/ea take notes!
  • How about the option to set aside much needed mods viewed in the mod shop into a layaway storage area so we can purchase them once we have the funds to afford it. Too many times have Iost out on a good mod just because I was short a few credits just before the inventory change.
  • How about putting Bronzium packs first in data cards? It took me 27 minutes (official time taken with a stopwatch) to scroll past their disgusting cash grab packs.
  • Mod
    amix wrote: »
    The ability to lock/save/name a 6-mod set that can then be equipped and unequipped as a block on any of your characters as you see fit (the cost to unequip would remain the same)
    Need this !

This too:

• For me the first two would be enough. I do not have so much good mods, to move them in groups. I am happy when can buy an arrow with speed primary with credit instead of crystal.
  • Spyda
    318 posts Member
    Here's a couple more...
    - After clicking on and viewing a character shard, provide a link out to the character itself. It's very frustrating when you unlock a new level that drops shards for a particular character, and then, if you need to be reminded of what that character can do, you have to leave the holo table you're currently viewing, open the character screen, and then search for the character, and then find your way back again. It'd be nice to have a direct link to the character, so you can utilize the back button to quickly resume whatever it was you were doing. I mean, they already provide a link to any ship associated with that particular character, why not also provide a link to the character itself?...
    - When viewing a character shard, include a list of all of the factions that character belongs to
  • Some incredible ideas there
  • I want a pod racing mini game added
  • Option to sell or trade gears.
  • I say... All of them.
  • Xetal
    218 posts Member
    Ships campaigns.

Ackbar campaign, Mace campaign, Tarkin campaign.

Similar to light/dark battles. 3 boards for each with 6 - 10 battles on each board. Lowest level unlocks at 65, second at 75, third at 85.

The battles are 1 phase (like the challenges) with different enemy units designed to make you use different strategies and ships to success.

Rewards are chests (not unlike galactic war). The chests can contain character shards for pilots, blueprints specific to the stage (so you can farm specific ships), ship ability mats, fleet shipment tokens, ship building materials, chance for ship and character one has from the higher stages, and gear.

I would also like to see ship stages in galactic war.
  • Spyda
    318 posts Member
    Option to sell or trade gears.

+1
    Xetal wrote: »
    Ships campaigns.

Ackbar campaign, Mace campaign, Tarkin campaign.

Similar to light/dark battles. 3 boards for each with 6 - 10 battles on each board. Lowest level unlocks at 65, second at 75, third at 85.

The battles are 1 phase (like the challenges) with different enemy units designed to make you use different strategies and ships to success.

Rewards are chests (not unlike galactic war). The chests can contain character shards for pilots, blueprints specific to the stage (so you can farm specific ships), ship ability mats, fleet shipment tokens, ship building materials, chance for ship and character one has from the higher stages, and gear.

I would also like to see ship stages in galactic war.

That's not a bad idea. I'm not sure that there are enough ships available yet though to make a large series of nodes that feel unique. Also, would it use your normal energy, cantina energy, or would another type of energy need to be introduced?
  • I really like the idea of arena replays and a record of your defense fights. There should also be raid attempt replays, not a long list just that day's. And the ability to post those replays in guild chat so other members who struggle with raids & arena (would help with GW runs too) can view and learn from them. Unless they have better mods than me, I can stomp sith & rebels. They are very common teams in my shard. It would neat if I could just post a vids of different ways to beat their various set ups. Same with raids, I do better than most even though many have similar teams.
  • Seku
    575 posts Member
    Definitely a mode within the guild/friends area to challenge eachother, in live PvP, for the social aspect of engaging with other members of a guild or just with friends. Would also be great to test out different teams, or to just plainly prove your dominance over a guildie/friend. :)
  • An inn to rest my players in the GW, works in every other video game ever.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    6 or 7 member defensive squads.
  • An inn to rest my players in the GW, works in every other video game ever.

Not in games like this during the GW style activities. Many of them have health recovery if a toon isn't being used. For example: my Ackbar takes a beating in node 6 & is in the yellow. nodes 7 & 8 are Jedi so I don't need a cleanser & cycle Akbar out for more damage. Beating 7 & 8 recover 15-20% of Akbar's health (and any other wounded toon) each placing him back in the green. Node 9 has Boba & Sid I cycle Ackbar back in.

I think that is reasonable. I sometimes cycle in JC to patch up weakened toons on easy nodes because it's possible to heal every other turn. You just gotta load him up with spare mods that maximize his health to get a decent heal.
  • It was kind of a joke....I beat the GW every day and the Admiral is on my Wiggs team with Lando and (rotates based on enemy). By node 12 I'm using that team as one shots to take out toons for the next team, then two teams later, speed Jedi and then Sith to rule the table. Sometimes my Wiggs team takes the day, depends on how many times I gotta fight Dooku, he can be tough under Nihilis. Realistically I just want to see easier top gear farming. But that's just me. I want more power.