How strong will the new event character be?

Prev1
l3end3r
895 posts Member
edited February 2016
I hope he or she is top tier. I think it's fair, since it's a lot of work to put in, which means many players will forfeit better teams in the short term. Plus it's supposed to be an iconic character. Not saying the new toon should be broken, but hopefully it's at least on par with Sid or Lumi

How strong will the new event character be? 132 votes

OP Tier
43%
FLIK87PhyneasHitNSmashccfooHavokTriggerBlamStevod3gaussSakichanShanksRogan_Ban84MasterTamiasCaspertrickskozakjanostjw_tjw14pay2winfberbertLordStylingCptCavemangarcia_george99 57 votes
High Tier
48%
Galvineilyanorcosmicturtle333XceptorShentuDragondiangeloAbyssIM_UR_UPGRADEAdamWBoro_Smooth1Sticare_Courts_0073HurricaneZtyleBentWookieeD_MillennialMcShartRandallTK421l3end3rItscaptainphasma 64 votes
Mid Tier
7%
GenakumaxJazzxShiroTaksomegame8861Willkimm98Nerfherder17Keyzer_SozeBig_RussFindec 10 votes
Low Tier
0%
KamikazeRhombus 1 vote

Replies

• OP Tier
    I will be offended if Yoda is anything but OP. And no, I'm not going after him. But as a Star Wars fan, I will see anything else as heresy. Screw game balance. Poe can be OP and not Yoda?? Poe????
  • OP Tier
    If yoda he will be op must he also be or a shame would it be :)
  • High Tier
    High tier. No one hero should be OP.
  • Caspertricks
    46 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    OP Tier
    Yoda

Basic: throw ship - deals very high aoe damage and stuns enemies 100% chance.

Attack 1: Old man Yoda - Yoda takes enemy team to school, aoe stunning the enemy team with his knowledge of the force 100% chance, and removes 50% of enemy turn meter while they revaluate their life.

Unique: spider monkey - Yoda breakdances on your face dealing medium single target damage, exposes target and applys offense down for 2 rounds.

Leader: Disturbance in the force - All allies gain foresight giving them 20% evasion, and 10% Hp for every Jedi alive.
  • High Tier
    I voted high tier. He'll be great with a Jedi squad and good with a non Jedi squad. But, that is like most characters if you think about it. FOO is good by himself and great with Phasma as a poor example.
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    High Tier
    Deimos wrote: »
    I will be offended if Yoda is anything but OP. And no, I'm not going after him. But as a Star Wars fan, I will see anything else as heresy. Screw game balance. Poe can be OP and not Yoda?? Poe????

Who said it was yoda ;) but if it is i dont disagree. Poe is a nobody so far an his toon should reflect that haha
  • High Tier
    I hope it is a high tier toon that can be used in a variety of situations.
  • OP Tier
    Abyss wrote: »

Who said it was yoda ;) but if it is i dont disagree. Poe is a nobody so far an his toon should reflect that haha

Exactly brother!
  • OP Tier
    I don't want him to be overpowered but in the same tier of awesome as GS, Fotp or Qui-Gon.
  • High Tier
    I think the new character will be amazing in a jedi team and "good enough" when playing alone.
  • Mid Tier
    Mid tier. Look at who is considered strong. Fotp,poe,Barris initially, geo,poggle, lumi.
    Now look at some of the iconic and most popular characters. Vader,mace windu, anakin,chewy, ST han. Not very powerful.
  • High Tier
    Not sure what the difference is between high/OP tier, but I'd like to see a very powerful toon that doesn't come with built-in future-nerf-certainty.
  • High Tier
    No hero should be "OP".
  • CptCaveman
    713 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    OP Tier
    Grandmaster Yoda

Basic:
    Flying Strike - Deal physical damage to enemy, if enemy has more than 50% health, grant Yoda 40% turn meter

Specials:
    Master stroke - Deal special damage to all enemies, any positive effect an enemy has, Yoda gains for 3 turns

Unstoppable force - Deal special damage to enemy with 65% chance to remove 40% turn meter, if target is below 50% health, also stun for 1 round

Battle Meditation - Yoda gains tenacity up for 2 turns, then grants every ally every positive effect he has for 2 turns with 40% chance to grant Yoda 35% turn meter

Leader:
    Jedi allies gain 25% tenacity and gain 30% turn meter whenever they resist a negative status effect

Multiple turns he will get, steal your buffs he will.
    It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....
  • High Tier
    CptCaveman wrote: »
    Grandmaster Yoda

Basic:
    Flying Strike - Deal physical damage to enemy, if enemy has more than 50% health, grant Yoda 40% turn meter

Specials:
    Master stroke - Deal special damage to all enemies, any positive effect an enemy has, Yoda gains for 3 turns

Unstoppable force - Deal special damage to enemy with 65% chance to remove 40% turn meter, if target is below 50% health, also stun for 1 round

Battle Meditation - Yoda gains tenacity up for 2 turns, then grants every ally every positive effect he has for 2 turns with 40% chance to grant Yoda 35% turn meter

Leader:
    Jedi allies gain 25% tenacity and gain 30% turn meter whenever they resist a negative status effect

I saw this as well. Sounds great. The question is, what is his speed? ;)
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    High Tier
    CptCaveman wrote: »
    Grandmaster Yoda

Basic:

Specials:

Leader:

I saw this as well. Sounds great. The question is, what is his speed? ;)

Faster than Dooku, the best part of AotC
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • High Tier
    Ztyle wrote: »

If only in-game stats accurately represented the lore. My 7* Ventress would force choke FOTP every match ;)
  • OP Tier
    Ya, I agree he'll probably be the fastest character in the game.
  • OP Tier
    Nah. I think with his turn meter manipulation skills he will not be a round 7 toon. Maybe round 8 or 9.
    It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    High Tier

If only in-game stats accurately represented the lore. My 7* Ventress would force choke FOTP every match ;)
    Don't know can't get trough the first episode of clone wars, so have no clue about the CW only toons, only thing I can say is they look better in this game
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • High Tier
    Don't know can't get trough the first episode of clone wars, so have no clue about the CW only toons, only thing I can say is they look better in this game

There's more good then bad. Some of the later story arcs are incredibly original and exhilarating. But to each their own.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    High Tier
    Vader isn't OP, Luke isnt OP. Ben isnt OP, Sidious isnt OP
    I think he will be very good, in a Sidious kind of way
  • High Tier
    I think he will be kinda similar to Vader. Powerful but not OP, maybe a little better than Vader because this one starts at 5 star.
  • Mid Tier

There's more good then bad. Some of the later story arcs are incredibly original and exhilarating. But to each their own.

I kind of have the same issue. I watched the first 6 episodes of season 1 while working and found no substance. I didn't find an overarcing story, just very simple children's plots solved in 22 1\2 minutes.
  • High Tier
    I agree with those who have said no character should be over powered. I agree even more with @Castaspella that I don't want a character so broken that it is guaranteed to be nerfed. I want whoever the new character is to be useful in GW and arena on many types of teams. So Sid, Lumi, Phasma, Dooku, or Poggle level of power seems appropriate.
  • OP Tier
    It'll be a light side equivalent of Sid I think.
  • High Tier

Poe's one hell of a pilot dude.
  • Strong in the Force is he.
  • High Tier

IF it was Ventress would be long dead before FOTP got his action.
  • l3end3r wrote: »
    I hope he or she is top tier. I think it's fair, since it's a lot of work to put in, which means many players will forfeit better teams in the short term. Plus it's supposed to be an iconic character. Not saying the new toon should be broken, but hopefully it's at least on par with Sid or Lumi

this post is stupid. My guess that it's going to be Jedi Luke. Mainly b/c it requires jedi to achieve it and vader is the only other hero that requires achievements to unlock him.