Gar Saxon + Imperial Super Commando + which other 3?

Prev1
Roken_Fett
1293 posts Member
edited April 2017
Obviously GS and ISC have synergy, but which other three would you add to that team to make it viable?

Also, we need a Mandalorian tag now.
CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.

Replies

• RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    TFP, DT, GK.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • RAYRAY wrote: »
    TFP, DT, GK.

TFP and Death Trooper...yeah, I can see that. Most people don't have General Kenobi but that seems like a good addition.

I was thinking TFP, Death Trooper and Director Krennic.
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Not sure TFP would work so well. You want beefy empire that will counter, not a glass cannon that relies on evading to survive. Vader seems like a better fit. Ability block on basic could be a useful addition. DT is an obvious choice. If no GK, then maybe RG.

Thinking about it a bit more, RG is a pretty great match. Will allow Gar to use his special more often due to applying speed down, and the stun is fantastic. Can even apply defense up for even tankier empire.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Acrofales wrote: »
    Not sure TFP would work so well. You want beefy empire that will counter, not a glass cannon that relies on evading to survive. Vader seems like a better fit. Ability block on basic could be a useful addition. DT is an obvious choice. If no GK, then maybe RG.

Thinking about it a bit more, RG is a pretty great match. Will allow Gar to use his special more often due to applying speed down, and the stun is fantastic. Can even apply defense up for even tankier empire.

Good point about TFP. RG is a decent choice for a tank for sure. Maybe Shore + RG and DT, GS, ISC. Missing the cleanse though. Perhaps the empire rework will bring a cleanse and tenacity up to Veers or one of the troopers.
    518 posts Member
    I would bring Vader into it for sure, speed down and dots, a lot of fun. I wouldn't put TFP, he's not tanky enough to get successful in this squad. Maybe Shore would be great too, daze and stun, double attacks against rebels. Then the 5th is hard to attribute, but I would go for a Cleanser and a Taunter as well, this is why GK could fit into it, especially for retribution. That would be good on defense I guess but there's no cleanser along the Dark Side.
    Maybe Veers will have an opportunity there, but I don't think so.
    I know it could seems hard to believe but Snowtrooper and ability block could be a great option too. If you face a zMaul we could imagine a B2 going in, like this you would have two buff immunity, one dispeller, one cleanser, full retribution everywhere, AB, speed down, evasion down, TM removal, stun, daze, foresight, etc...
    Wait and see to unlock him !
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    TFP, DT, GK.

TFP and Death Trooper...yeah, I can see that. Most people don't have General Kenobi but that seems like a good addition.

I was thinking TFP, Death Trooper and Director Krennic.

I like GK for the cleanse, which is needed to counteract daze. And the potential for retribution
  • Striker
    198 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    GS squad builds on counteratacks, so it should have a lot of HP, cause one daze from maul and full team die after 1 round. Zeta on Saxon gives you only 5% hp, it is too little. I want to try zVader, DT, GS, ISC, STr.
    Alternate - GS (lead), ISC, Vader, chirrut, baze - 5 potential counters with nice survivability. Still need to fing counter to nihillus and his annihilation.

Third - GS, ISC, DT, Vader, Kenobi.
  • Gar Sax (L), ISC, Royal Guard, Death Trooper, Krennic?

Obviously General Kenobi would be awesome, but I guess I want to have a team that's more accessible to the masses. GK is not that character yet.

Krennic isn't super accessible but you can get him.Maybe Vader instead of him?
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Saxon, ISC, ShT (Crit. chance Down on basic), EP (Shock on basic), DT (Daze/Stun on basic).

EDIT: and why not Snowtrooper for his Ability Block on basic.
  • Ljaat
    86 posts Member
    I'm thinking Sax(L), ISC, Death Trooper, Krennic... and either RG or ShT (both are nice in different ways).
  • scuba
    14044 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    I think you need a fast team cleanse. You have to account for Maul daze. IMO chirrut. Can be made fast and has his own counter attack built in.
  • Ljaat
    86 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »
    I think you need a fast team cleanse. You have to account for Maul daze. IMO chirrut. Can be made fast and has his own counter attack built in.

That's true (until Empire hopefully gets a cleanse). So question would be.. DT and DK with just Chirrut.. or just DT with Chirrut and Baze? Will have to test this..
  • Striker
    198 posts Member
    we already saw squad with counter attacks - phoenix. They can do nothing with zMaul team.
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    You could also throw Gar into an IGD lead Jedi team.

IGD, Aayla, QGJ, Yoda, Gar. Have to make Yoda fast, so he gives your team tenacity up before Maul. I'm not sure it'll work well on D, but should beat almost everything on O. Obviously GK instead of either Yoda or QGJ would be great, but not absolutely necessary.

Another toon to consider is Sun Fac.
  • palp is a must
    on his counters he will apply shock every now and then
  • Xioborg
    405 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »

^ This.

I suspect that when you start to layer in the 'must haves' for a top arena team (vs. current metas) there isn't going to be a spot for ISC. I could be wrong.

Xio
  • Spkoli
    43 posts Member
    Veers is support, maybe he is getting the cleanse?
  • Ljaat
    86 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Xioborg wrote: »
    I suspect that when you start to layer in the 'must haves' for a top arena team (vs. current metas) there isn't going to be a spot for ISC. I could be wrong.

After thinking about it for a bit I would agree with you. The only thing he brings really that you aren't also getting from somewhere else is the buff immunity on Superior Tactics.

Could do Gar(L), Baze, Chirrut, DT, with either DK or Palp as the 5th. I'm sure once we are able to unlock Gar and test things one or two teams with him leading will be viable (at least on younger shards).
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Empire counter attack teams have no chance agains stealth and daze from a zMaul team..
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    I think b2 would be better than him. All he has is remove buffs that is useful in battle vs zaul or rex but it's for only one toon. But it will be dodged or not proc enough to be useful.
  • scuba
    14044 posts Member
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    Empire counter attack teams have no chance agains stealth and daze from a zMaul team..

We shall see.
  • You need 5s, Dooku and Aayala. All three will proc multiple attacks from Gar Saxon, and 5s speed down will reduce his CDs.
  • scuba
    14044 posts Member
    Ljaat wrote: »
    Xioborg wrote: »

After thinking about it for a bit I would agree with you. The only thing he brings really that you aren't also getting from somewhere else is the buff immunity on Superior Tactics.

Could do Gar(L), Baze, Chirrut, DT, with either DK or Palp as the 5th. I'm sure once we are able to unlock Gar and test things one or two teams with him leading will be viable (at least on younger shards).

Again looking at the 2 dominant teams right now you have
    Rex with triple cleanse and 2 of those can give tenacity up
    Maul with daze

So cleanse is needed.
    I also think Krennic will be very useful against the rex lead 3x cleanse teams. He has tenacity down on basic which can be applied thru tenacity up nullifying tenacity up. Also helps that he has one of the hardest hitting basics in the game.
  • Why not Chaze?
  • Taramel
    601 posts Member
    Im thinking mabye Gar (L) , GK , ISC, DT, DK seems like the best team right now. without a cleanse empire will be toast under Gar . I agree that krennic is a must have vs the triple cleanse teams for his Ten down on basic.
  • Ljaat
    86 posts Member
    I wish I had access to GK, but that seems like a solid team too.
    As a newish player (only 83 atm and on a shard with only 1 GK and no zeta Maul yet), I wasn't aware Ten Down negates Ten Up.. that's huge and will probably solidify DK in the team with DT for me.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Taramel wrote: »
    Im thinking mabye Gar (L) , GK , ISC, DT, DK seems like the best team right now. without a cleanse empire will be toast under Gar . I agree that krennic is a must have vs the triple cleanse teams for his Ten down on basic.
    As a newish player (only 83 atm and on a shard with only 1 GK and no zeta Maul yet), I wasn't aware Ten Down negates Ten Up.. that's huge and will probably solidify DK in the team with DT for me.

TFP also applies tenacity down on his basic with a crit.
  • Taramel
    601 posts Member

@RAYRAY true, I was just removing the RNG of needing a crit with DK, also until they fix TFP he is more of a liability than asset.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member

@RAYRAY true, I was just removing the RNG of needing a crit with DK, also until they fix TFP he is more of a liability than asset.

I know! those phantom evades he gives Zaul teams is ruining him. Such a great character too.

• I''m thinking magma trooper, Death Trooper, Palpatine and Royal Guard honestly.

I wouldn't want Shore trooper. He hits like a wet noodle. That's a lot of wasted counterattack potential.

Magma trooper hits 2 people with his basic, so he gets attacked and counter attacks 2 people (he's hard to debuff too). Palpatine for the occasional shock from basic, which makes him go faster, Death Trooper for the buff wipe, and Royal Guard for auto taunt and counter stun.