Jedi Consular - when does he become good?

2Next

Replies

• Privatzel wrote: »
    Lumi+Jc and third healer helps a lot, i use Daka (stuns+revive). Add Sid and another DD (in my case is a 5* Dooku) and you win GW everyday.

Awwww dude don't do that! It's because of guys like you that I have to face so may Sidious + Daka + Dooku in my GW! They're such a pain. On the other hand, when a see Barriss (and bonus, Chewbacca), then I sit down, relax, my blood pressure goes down and I get ready for some gooood time (or rather, much deserved temporary relief, before the next Poe + IG88 badasses)

Everybody should run Barriss in GW :)
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • JC is good until late game, then drops off. He was better when the cap was level 60.
  • DarthBooey
    250 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Red_Glare wrote: »
    to sum it up, take the blackest jedi in the galaxy to 6 - 7* asap because he's really good in GW (arguably the best source of shards of the game)

You forgetting Mace?
  • Mine is at lvl 57, gear 7, 5 stars. And I totally depend on him. He is in my main team. And he gets me through the GW. Gear him up and star him up.
  • I find that JC is very easy to gear up, despite me trying to gear up my Lumi and QGJ before him, I maxed out his gear level really fast. He can go up to 8 or 9, I can't really remember.
  • He can't get to gear level 9 as there is 1 piece at level 8 that has 73 required level. Like said before, once you reach gear 8 and 5* he starts getting better.
  • Usually on a late point in gw I put him in instead of phasma for a emergency heal of my team.
  • Haven't lost GW in a very long time, Lumi and Daka. No Bariss and JC is there but hardly used. Never in my last 10 GWs at least.

Basically, as long as you have any 2 healers and learn to game GW, it's going to be fine. JC and Bariss are OK, not essential/indispensable. They both have lousy attacks.
  • JC is vital to GW with that 3 turn cooldown on heal. I even use him in arena, till QGJ is done
  • I have him at lvl 60 5*. My PVP team is SID 7* 70, LUMI 7* 70, GS 7* 70, POOGLE 5* 70, DOOKU 5* 70. I have Daka at Lvl 65 5*, POE lvl 67 4*, QGJ LVL 67 4* and some other bench players. He is still solid for GW with the proper gear even at where I have him compared to my other toons.
  • He was easy to gear up (had most of what he needed on hand), and at 6-star, level 59 near-max gear, he is good in GW as needed (not very often, I use a Barris lead and swap in Lumi mainly), although his real purpose for me will be the 7-star Yoda battle. I'm going to level and star him up in the next week or so, which should make him more commonly useful for GW.
  • When he gets max heal and at least lv5 basic attack, he's healing for 3700 health (at just 5 stars), and he's doing it every other turn.
  • My JC almost always dies in GW, but the whole reason he's there is to save Lumi for the harder nodes. As others have said, 5 or 6 stars, gear 8 and level 6 on the heal are all key.
  • I got mine to 7* early. Him, lumi and 5* daka (and two others between dooku phasma and 5s) gets me through most GW campaigns. JCs quick cool down on heal is amazing and he has a chance to reduce it even more with his basic.
  • I like my JC. 7*70 max gear. Low on skill level but he carries in GW
  • Personally, I think Lumi and Daka are better in GW. I don't usually need to be healed every other turn, and Lumi's heal lasts 3 turns. I have him 6* gear 8 as a backup, or main healer for squad "b". He's definitely worth leveling. He'll be your best healer for a while. Daka doesn't really start to shine until 5 or 6*
  • Scinful wrote: »
    Personally, I think Lumi and Daka are better in GW. I don't usually need to be healed every other turn, and Lumi's heal lasts 3 turns. I have him 6* gear 8 as a backup, or main healer for squad "b". He's definitely worth leveling. He'll be your best healer for a while. Daka doesn't really start to shine until 5 or 6*

JC is great in the GW table when you have several nodes in a row if 7* max gear teams to face. Fast heals at 4K+ a pop. The bad thing is that he seems to get focused by AI more.

I don't consider Daka a healer because I only use her for the stuns. Barriss is good also when paired with another healer.
  • I maxed consular. He does not have a spot in my arena team. But I always run him in my GW team since he has a low CD heal that heals for a lil over 4500. He can dish out ok damage. Not great but not horrible.
  • l3end3r wrote: »
    He was my first 7* and was really good for my team in PVP and GW. He's lost a little value since then, as he wasn't able to acquire any extra gear in the jump from 60 - 70. I subbed him out in arena, but he is, and will likely always be an irreplaceable starter in GW. Solid character.

To answer your question, I'm not really sure. I always leveled and maxed his gear out before my other characters, and focused farming on him, so I feel like he was my mvp until Lumi got to 6*

Couldn't have said it better.
  • Cpt_Dan wrote: »
    I don't consider Daka a healer because I only use her for the stuns. Barriss is good also when paired with another healer.
    I don't usually use her for healing except for DS battles. However, once in a while I'll use her heal, revive healer that just got killed, who then heals again. At that point I went from all but dead to winning with nearly full health. It's not reliable in arena, but if you need it and it doesn't happen in GW you can just reset and try again.