Scarif rebel pathfinder?

I have biggs and lando at six star with both almost seven star, I will have ackbar and st han at six stars within the next ten days. The question i have is on a final rebel for the Palpatine event. I am level 61 and will be unable to reach the required level 69 to farm cantina for wedge in a viable timeframe. By the time the event starts ill more then likely just be hitting level 69-70. I can farm him in ships shop, but it is random and not guaranteed and i am trying to keep my top spot there by using my shards on ships.

With wedge mostly out of the picture for the next 20 days, bodhi I cannot stand to use, Leia out of the picture due to needing my arena credits to keep leveling ackbar and han, is scarif rebel pathfinder a viable option to get the six star version of Palpatine with a team of lando st han ackbar biggs pathfinder? If I can get them all around level 70 and gear 7/8?

Replies

• I no pro but id you need 5 5 * to unlock you will be able to unlock him and get him to 6 if u have them all 6* level
  • I think so. It's not a hard event. Put arena mods on them and you'll be fine
  • Is scarif any good for anything else? Because I also could take the focus off of biggs in gw shop and get k2 to six star also in time for the event.

More worth it otherwise, k2 or pathfinder?
  • MayAddy622 wrote: »
    Is scarif any good for anything else? Because I also could take the focus off of biggs in gw shop and get k2 to six star also in time for the event.

I use K2S0 over Scariff. While Scariff is amazing for the Palpatine event because of his revies, K2 forces Palpatine onto him almost constantly. You cannot go wrong with either, but I would take K2S0 if I were you.

• DocMettey wrote: »
    MayAddy622 wrote: »
    Is scarif any good for anything else? Because I also could take the focus off of biggs in gw shop and get k2 to six star also in time for the event.

I use K2S0 over Scariff. While Scariff is amazing for the Palpatine event because of his revies, K2 forces Palpatine onto him almost constantly. You cannot go wrong with either, but I would take K2S0 if I were you.

I was also going to start on bistan in cantina shop after i finish boba, I'm only 40 shards away from finishing him, is bistan and pathfinder good with their ship? I have no plans to farm cassian at this point, but if pathfinder and bistan have a good ship, that would make my decision much easier as long as they are both a fairly good choice.
    DocMettey wrote: »

I was also going to start on bistan in cantina shop after i finish boba, I'm only 40 shards away from finishing him, is bistan and pathfinder good with their ship? I have no plans to farm cassian at this point, but if pathfinder and bistan have a good ship, that would make my decision much easier as long as they are both a fairly good choice.

Bistan is a great character! He has high damage. However, do not over look Cassian. I use him with K2S0 and he wrecks house with their synergy. Cassian's buffs and debuffs also shutdown the enemy from the get go.
  • DocMettey wrote: »

Bistan is a great character! He has high damage. However, do not over look Cassian. I use him with K2S0 and he wrecks house with their synergy. Cassian's buffs and debuffs also shutdown the enemy from the get go.

I know k2 is annoying, but running a st han/aoe team i love to see him cause he constantly ends up feeding me tm :). Which ship is generally better? Cass and k2 or bistan pathfinder?

I know k2 is annoying, but running a st han/aoe team i love to see him cause he constantly ends up feeding me tm :). Which ship is generally better? Cass and k2 or bistan pathfinder?

K2 and Cassian works better for me.
  • Yeah he's fine and decent for arena with the right team around him. Aoe offense down are pretty decent
  • Bistan is an underrated BEAST. TM generator. Takes more turns than any other toon. Thanks to frenzy, you don't even need to max his speed if you can't afford to.
  • xpxnx
    73 posts Member
    Srp is an ok second best toon. Mine is 7* g9. Not as good as Han in arena. One little buff immunity and he's done for. Wish I spent the resources elsewhere tbh. However he is okay in rancor for feeding 20% tm to teebo each time he goes. Don't waste your resources on him. There are better options.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    With your current team, Bistan is a good choice. Frenzy provides him a lot of chance to go with Ackbar and Biggs. And he's easily farmable and as specified above, widely underrated.
  • Bistan's ship is great. Be prepared for a long farm for the ship and for gearing Bistan and Pathfinder (you'll need a lot of carbantis). But because it is hard to get you won't find many players with a good Bistan ship.
  • Lekrom1982
    343 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    SRP works well for me because of his revives and offense up, and of course TM gain when he attacks.
    I'm loving Bistan and wish I could get him to 6* for my EP team - will try (4 star currently). If you run him with Ackbar your team gets so many turns to go.

Their ship has nice utility and you don't see it used often - applies target lock and then stealths, next attack gives tenacity down.

I already have Wedge, Biggs, Lando and Ackbar on 6* (won't get them all to 7 in time) so am currently scrambling to get my SRP from 4.5* to 6* since I think a taunting tank works well in that setup under a Wedge lead. I can run Wedge, Biggs, Lando, SRF and Leia almost all the way through my GW because of the self-heal on crits.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    SRP will definitely help with Palp. In addition to constant revives, he gives AoE offense down...which I suppose K-2 would do but you have to wait until he counters everyone individually, and no revive.

Bistan's U-Wing is decent...gives target lock while stealthing itself, and I believe there's some tm manipulation going on. It's one of my harder hitting ships, but I don't know how much of that is due to having pathfinder at g10.
    I have biggs and lando at six star with both almost seven star, I will have ackbar and st han at six stars within the next ten days. The question i have is on a final rebel for the Palpatine event. I am level 61 and will be unable to reach the required level 69 to farm cantina for wedge in a viable timeframe. By the time the event starts ill more then likely just be hitting level 69-70. I can farm him in ships shop, but it is random and not guaranteed and i am trying to keep my top spot there by using my shards on ships.

With wedge mostly out of the picture for the next 20 days, bodhi I cannot stand to use, Leia out of the picture due to needing my arena credits to keep leveling ackbar and han, is scarif rebel pathfinder a viable option to get the six star version of Palpatine with a team of lando st han ackbar biggs pathfinder? If I can get them all around level 70 and gear 7/8?

The squad I used was Wedge(lead), Biggs, Leia, Scarif and Bistan. But since you won't be able to get Wedge in time I recommend Scarif since he can taunt and revives if he dies while buffed
  • Thanks everyone, I decided on scarif. Quick farm on cantina, I could use another tank for gw, especially with rebel synergy, and long term goal of bistan with his ship. I really could not see spending any gw shop currency on bodhi or k2, especially when I am fighting to keep number 1 in ships, way to many other valuable things in there I need right now. And cantina wise I set a goal of 15 shards per day till the event, that will make him just over six stars. So I can still, depending on drops, have extra energy left for finishing lando and mod farming.

Thanks!
  • Drepd
    130 posts Member
    as long as he has a buff on him he is great. I have had him die 3 times in a single fight and save my team alot. with some decent speed and an omega he will pop up and can start taunting again.
  • Corrog
    308 posts Member
    Late to the party, but I have a scarif rebel pathfinder, 6* gear 8, and he is very good on my rebel team. His aoe under Wedge gives him self healing when taunting, guaranteeing (well, mostly) that he has enough health to last a few turns. Plus he revives with great health when your team is all rebels.

I also have his ship with Bistan. Very underrated, imho. Target lock special ability gives you a practically guaranteed taunt with biggs present, and he stealths himself.
  • Corrog wrote: »
    Late to the party, but I have a scarif rebel pathfinder, 6* gear 8, and he is very good on my rebel team. His aoe under Wedge gives him self healing when taunting, guaranteeing (well, mostly) that he has enough health to last a few turns. Plus he revives with great health when your team is all rebels.

I also have his ship with Bistan. Very underrated, imho. Target lock special ability gives you a practically guaranteed taunt with biggs present, and he stealths himself.

This is making me feel really good about this strategy. I have had a hard time getting target lock down so i can get biggs to taunt. Pretty much as long as I can taunt him, I can beat every team that jumps me in my shard. But such as today, I lost my first two battles going for 1 due to not getting a taunt in time. The third time i won, but since then I already got jumped again. So it's a real back and forth snipe fest.

Is there any other good target locking ships available to the early ship gamer that isn't as long of a farm?
  • Srp is a very unique toon I have him 7* gear 11 and he's very good in arena for about 5 months I ran wedge biggs lando sthan and scarif sadly now he is only in my 2nd team for p3 of haat and I haven't used him in arena for 5 months but to help you get palpatine yes he is super viable the team I used to get 7* palpatine was wiggs lando sthan and srp
  • Scarif Rebel would be an acceptable substitute for Stormtrooper Han on the Emperor event, but you're saying you want to use both of them on a team without Wedge or Leia.

I think that unless you level/gear your squad up beyond the norm, you might find the event a bit of a struggle just because you won't have nearly as much damage output as the typical Wiggs Lando + tank setup. Or even as much damage as Biggs Lando Leia + tank.

Once you use Ackbar's cleanse to get rid of the Emperor's first flurry of shocks & stuns, it basically turns into a damage race against him. Where he still has spammable debuffs and you have none (and no way to remove his from you, once Ackbar's cleanse goes on cooldown).

K2 is really great as a second taunter to Baze for a full R1 team, and he benefits from Cassian's groundwork, For a new player, Daze on biggs plus buff immunity nullifies him.
  • MayAddy622
    298 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Scarif Rebel would be an acceptable substitute for Stormtrooper Han on the Emperor event, but you're saying you want to use both of them on a team without Wedge or Leia.

I think that unless you level/gear your squad up beyond the norm, you might find the event a bit of a struggle just because you won't have nearly as much damage output as the typical Wiggs Lando + tank setup. Or even as much damage as Biggs Lando Leia + tank.

Once you use Ackbar's cleanse to get rid of the Emperor's first flurry of shocks & stuns, it basically turns into a damage race against him. Where he still has spammable debuffs and you have none (and no way to remove his from you, once Ackbar's cleanse goes on cooldown).

It just kind of ended up being that. I wasn't expecting the emperors event to begin directly after the yoda event. Han is my arena tank so obviously I wanted to prioritise him at least until i could farm wedge.

It's just how it came to be in a short time period since I joined the game. Pathfinder seems to be the best choice I have for a six star emperor at this point. Directing my farming elsewhere would set other rebels back. If all else fails, rng will at some point be my friend in that battle. :)

Not that it will help too much supposedly, but i will have lando and biggs at seven stars for the battle.
    Corrog wrote: »

This is making me feel really good about this strategy. I have had a hard time getting target lock down so i can get biggs to taunt. Pretty much as long as I can taunt him, I can beat every team that jumps me in my shard. But such as today, I lost my first two battles going for 1 due to not getting a taunt in time. The third time i won, but since then I already got jumped again. So it's a real back and forth snipe fest.

Is there any other good target locking ships available to the early ship gamer that isn't as long of a farm?

You can't go wrong with the tie fighters. I use both in my starting lineup. At least 4 of my five battles, one ore both land a target lock on the first attack. Available in GW store and shipments. Can't get easier/quicker than that. FOTP himself, on the other hand.....I'm about 100 days into the game and have farmed his hard nodes every day. I'm 52/65. I might have him finished by Christmas.