FO is the example of balance

SubzeeeDon
736 posts Member
edited April 2017
This squad is the epitomy of balance imo. Some characters are easy accessible (phasma, FOO), others in the mid tier range (kylo) and some are hard farms (FOST/FOTP). abilities wise they have such great synergy with a nice blend of attack and defence. their abilities when zetas play amazingly well together which is how a squad should be, but the requirements to achieve this (I would say 3 of them need zetas) is steep enough that it is not immedietly accessible. The perfect mix.

Now let's looks at another faction *ahem* sith. With one Zeta fairly easily obtainable character with the most broken lead, a character everyone got for free that is fine at 3* and can one shot you, and add in any three characters you want that don't even have to be sith, but for maximum annoyance let's throw in palp Zavage and +1. You have a squad that can be built in no time time at all, only one character that needs a Zeta, and they don't even have to be past their unlock * level to be too powerful. heck even your mods can be trashy...

PS I can get rank 1 everyday with a rex lead against many Zaul competitors. so no I'm not comparing about not being number 1. I'm addressing the OP nature of one squad that puts all others squads to shame with minimal effort. Why should this one squad with onenzeta be able to beat my own squad of all gear XI well modded, and even includes GK? Why should this squad be able to beat full Zeta FO teams so easily? why should this one squad be able to hold so well on defence when it's not even maxed out in terms of *, mods and even gear level.

PPS Cant wait to drop chaze on these guys.

PPPS evasion sucks :(

Rant over. But seriously, without Zaul, we had a golden period where there were many many different teams in our shard. Now it's Zaul and Rex leads everywhere, with some who still use QGZ.
Post edited by phroxenphyre on

Replies

• DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Balance isnt the same as hard to obtain.
  • Yep. Zader meta was a wonderful period where so many comps could compete in the top 20. Now it's just unbearable.
  • Rystarvz
    85 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Many teams? That is only because Chaze wasn't farmable. If you removed Maul now you would just have Chaze teams and nothing else. You need Zaul so you can have Rex and other teams, otherwise it will be nothing but Chaze.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Rystarvz wrote: »
    Many teams? That is only because Chaze wasn't farmable. If you removed Maul now you would just have Chaze teams and nothing else. You need Zaul so you can have Rex and other teams, otherwise it will be nothing but Chaze.
    Uh... "chaze" is not a leader. Which is why they are some of the most commonly used toons.
  • Leader is one slot, Chaze is two. You would have all teams with those two. At least now you have teams with a mix of Rex and Zaul.
  • Rystarvz wrote: »
    Leader is one slot, Chaze is two. You would have all teams with those two. At least now you have teams with a mix of Rex and Zaul.

Many comps can beat chaze.
  • The only thing that really bothers me about Zaul lead is the 20% turn meter at the start of battle. I think making it just 10% would have been more balanced, so that EP and Nihilus wouldn't be out speeding TFP, and SA wouldn't beat Yoda by default.
  • Ig88isboss wrote: »
    Rystarvz wrote: »
    Leader is one slot, Chaze is two. You would have all teams with those two. At least now you have teams with a mix of Rex and Zaul.

Many comps can beat chaze.

Never said it was unbeatable, I said every team would have them. The other 3 could vary however everyone would have Chaze in order to stay competitive. At least now you see Sith teams without Chaze. Take away the Zaul and you will have nothing but Chaze.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Again a complain thread about zMaul ... zMaul is there now but won't be there anymore in August. FO synergy is great, and such a team in arena can be easily top 10. I run zQGJ and FO are hard to beat, and I don't speak about zMaul. It's just a matter of time to see them disappear and it has already begun.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    BulYwif wrote: »
    Again a complain thread about zMaul ... zMaul is there now but won't be there anymore in August. FO synergy is great, and such a team in arena can be easily top 10. I run zQGJ and FO are hard to beat, and I don't speak about zMaul. It's just a matter of time to see them disappear and it has already begun.

August oh this game, aka November?
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member

Lol on any aged shard, non-Zaul or rex teams get slaughtered. FO couldn't hold top 20 on my shard, and maybe top 50 if they're lucky. Same with QGJ.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Neo2551 wrote: »

Depends on the time zone :wink: In my shard, it seems that August is coming soon.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Neo2551 wrote: »

Depends on the time zone :wink: In my shard, it seems that August is coming soon.

Lucky guy.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    2 hard node farms and 3 zeta's is steep enough for me to not want them anymore.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • I run FO, but can only beat zaul maybe 40% of the time, they're almost a direct counter even with the bonus assists from Zeta phasma and the pure offensive strength of Zeta kylo; my team is 48000 power with all g11 and still can't beat zaul teams on 36; its all dependent on rng which sort of sucks but HEY I enjoy running the team and the synergy is fun so oh well ahahaha
  • May be correct but first order you have to use the exact same 5 characters with the same leader to be viable, if the game was full of teams that only worked like this one the game would be boring with only a few decent team

At least the zaul teams you have a wide variety of compositions you can use

I'm able to get top with Rex lead, zavage, zoba, zylo and phasma, teams like this wouldn't work if the game was the way you wanted it
  • I was on board with everything you were saying up until the Maul bit.

The Maul teams are easy to come by, just like the Biggs/Wedge teams early-mid game. They are f2p teams that can take the top relatively easily. That's a good thing for most players.

I was really happy when I first broke top 20 with my zVader team, and there was a great variety for awhile.
    But I had been working on my Vader team while I was running Rebels, and while I was running Vader I was working on my Rex squad. Now that I'm running Rex, I am working on other comps.

The "meta" teams are always easy teams to build, and they are easy to counter. I think a FO squad with decent mods and the full zeta set can take just about anything on offense and a good deal on defense as well. You don't see them because they are a pain to grind and require multiple zetas (not just the one needed for Maul to work), as you pointed out, not because they aren't "viable" at top arena.
  • Carbonari wrote: »
    I think a FO squad with decent mods and the full zeta set can take just about anything on offense and a good deal on defense as well.

In the current meta, FO on offense can easily smash zQGJ and Rex lead teams. Going against Zaul depends on the comp and a coin flip. FO is terrible on defense though; falling from top 10 down to 30s and 40s daily is common.