Barriss Offee

I am not one to usually place nerf threads, but I am just curious, honestly how the community feels about her abilities.

At the end of each of her turns, Barriss Dispels all debuffs from the debuffed ally with the lowest Health and gains 10% Turn Meter for each effect removed. Whenever an ally is Critically Hit, that ally recovers 20% of their Max Health and Barriss gains 10% Turn Meter. This effect is disabled while Barriss is defeated.

This means that if you have a high crit team, or even a normal crit chance, there is almost no possible way to defeat a team with this Zeta ability. Heal immunity with Sid, or IG 88 or EP is almost useless as well since she can heal through it with secondary ability, or dispel it with the one mentioned above. The only team I know of that can power through this easily enough is a Nihilus lead that restricts crit dmg. I have defeated teams with her before in GW, but it was ridiculously difficult, and most often her ally toons would normally be very easy to defeat on their own. In addition, this almost makes ally choice almost superfluous; it almost doesn't matter which allies you pair with her, they will do well regardless. Does the community feel this is far too niche, and inclusive of an ability, or do most feel it's fine the way it is?

Replies

• Options
    It's fine. Stun her, shock her, etc. there are multiple ways to deal with Zarriss. She's a pain but she's supposed to be. It's a zeta after all
  • Options
    Banjolero wrote: »
    It's fine. Stun her, shock her, etc. there are multiple ways to deal with Zarriss. She's a pain but she's supposed to be. It's a zeta after all

True, that would be the only way to limit the ability, kill her first while stun or shocking; after all, once she dies, the ability effects are no longer active; however, I've been placed in deadlocks where she is covered by tanks such as Chaze, or shoretrooper. One must then defeat her to get past her invincibility ability, after all stun and shocking will not dissipate this. Not to mention, you need a relatively long time dealing dmg on her to defeat her, her health is rather high. I just mention this, because I don't see any other Zetas where only one type of leader ability can defeat this type of team. It just seems very inclusive.
  • Options
    She sounds really strong, but keep in mind the strength of her heal is rebalancing the health of all of her allies before a 15% heal.

The best strategy for beating a team with her in it is to leave her for last. I use a very debuff heavy team (Zader lead, Boba, Barriss, EP, Sid), which makes it sound like the other side's Barriss should have a field day against my team.

Barriss' heal is virtually useless if she has no allies. Take out her allies first and save her for last. Don't worry if she heals once or twice, you can still take out her allies with a decent team.
  • Exletion
    649 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Noval749 wrote: »
    She sounds really strong, but keep in mind the strength of her heal is rebalancing the health of all of her allies before a 15% heal.

The best strategy for beating a team with her in it is to leave her for last. I use a very debuff heavy team (Zader lead, Boba, Barriss, EP, Sid), which makes it sound like the other side's Barriss should have a field day against my team.

Barriss' heal is virtually useless if she has no allies. Take out her allies first and save her for last. Don't worry if she heals once or twice, you can still take out her allies with a decent team.

This is also true; my success against her team has been with as you mention, zaul with EP, Sid, and Vader putting heavy debuffs on her allies, but often it needed some padding teams first and a lot of RNG luck.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    Barriss does almost non-existent damage. She's fine. Honestly with Wiggs capable of 50k triple attacks, Boba dropping 70k crits on heavily buffed/debuffed toons, and Nihilus having an instakill button... her heal can be overcome.

You can also try a team comp NOT built around crit damage. Nihilus lead with Sith modded for offense is interesting.

All in all crit damage had gotten totally out of hand and Zarriss helps to balance that without needing any characters nerfed. She's fine.
  • Options
    Great defensive utility, almost useless on offense... So you have more time to deal with her team before it kills you too.
  • Options
    There are certain teams who are literally incapable of beating zBarriss (clones, for instance), and there are teams that destroy her with casual ease (anything with EP or Nihilus). She probably doesn't need any major changes.
  • Options
    She's not that tough, my Sith team with EP lead cuts through that zeta, or shocks, as the case may be. EP/Dooku and shock are magic, Vader and the culling blade do the rest, finish with Savage. She's not that fast maybe under ZGJ...now Zylo, he has become a very big problem.
  • Options
    She's great as she is. Not game-breaking, but really helps out against certain squad comps. She's sometimes a liability as well on offense, but not usually.
  • Arkham
    275 posts Member
    Options
    Also, try modding for damage and/or crit damage instead of crit chance.

And like others are saying ... save her for last. Daze her (or shock her), then burn down a different toon. She won't cleanse herself cause she'll have the highest health. Disabling toons are the most useful (daze, stun, shock, heal immunity, tm reduction).

I went up against a zariss, gk, zqgj, zoda, and ani team in my GW node 12 yesterday ... amazingly I beat it, eventually, but I actually killed QGJ first, then yoda before going after bariss. Most of my teams are crit heavy too (droids, rebels, boba), but I mod for crit damage so I get the burst that can carry me through her heal. GK's crit immunity also worked against his team some ... but it also worked for them. That battle was actually the most fun I've had in this game in a while ...
    Enthusiast of undervalued toons, general dismisser of trends,
    https://swgoh.gg/u/arkham/, A Team
  • Options
    I appreciate the replies. It is interesting to hear different strategies for taking down specific builds.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Noval749 wrote: »

Her active heal isn't the problem. It's her reactive heal.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • McBee
    228 posts Member
    Options
    Does her heal and dispel work through ability block and shock? I believe only stun can fully freeze her.
  • Exletion
    649 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    McBee wrote: »
    Does her heal and dispel work through ability block and shock? I believe only stun can fully freeze her.

Ability will stop her active heal, shock will not. Even with stun though, her reactive heal will always be present until she dies, as one poster stated directly above. I've never had a problem with her active heal, it's her passive heal that has always rubbed me the wrong way.
  • Options
    Exletion wrote: »
    McBee wrote: »

Ability will stop her active heal, shock will not. Even with stun though, her reactive heal will always be present until she dies, as one poster stated directly above. I've never had a problem with her active heal, it's her passive heal that has always rubbed me the wrong way.

Her passive heal might suck to go up against, but it's not a big deal if you're able to take her out early, and if not, just whittle away at her allies. It makes her active heal ineffective.

Like others have said, bring in against her characters with high crit damage and low crit chance. It'll minimize her passive healing while still dishing out high damage.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Options
    Can't really call for a nerf when she is f2p and is only used on 5 percent of top 10 teams.
  • Exletion
    649 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Olddumper wrote: »
    Can't really call for a nerf when she is f2p and is only used on 5 percent of top 10 teams.

Not really calling for a nerf. Just a discussion. Besides, saying she is only 5% is not necessarily accurate to her usefulness. Not everyone has SWGOH.gg to record their teams, and not everyone has the roster to try different team sets and veer from the current meta. Some 5% top teams right now might become the new 90% once people figure it out that it works.
  • Options
    I don't necessarily agree with saving her for last. I often take her down in the middle after the biggest dps threats, but before the toughest tanks. Good tanks like Baze and GK and be very difficult to kill if Zariss is alive (and not debuffed as mentioned above).
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    Options
    I think everyone has hit all the correct notes on this one...

She hits like a wet noodle, in this meta that is a huge issue.

I tried Rex teams with her thinking double crit bonus would be awesome but once you put in a tank I just didn't have the DPS needed.

If you can't power through the crit heal, shock would be needed and palp does good damage as well.
  • Options
    With Zeta she is still not near as good as an *attacker* named Chirrut.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Revenant wrote: »
    Correct. She is so much better than Chirrut that she is far and away from being as good.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    I like that Barriss is arguably the best healer in the game at the moment. Her heal partially ignores heal immunity and she has a solid cleanse that can help out in a pinch.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Revenant wrote: »
    Correct. She is so much better than Chirrut that she is far and away from being as good.

Exactly, she has a passive heal for pretty much 50% of the time her allies get hit. As people have said, high crit low chance. her counter is very specific while Chirrut mostly can just be out DPSed after a while.