Rex is the meta, not Maul

13Next

Replies

• NacciPerse
    80 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    ^^ dude speed has no affect in zaul after your toons are around 200-210+ and you run SA. Even without SA it's all about RNG in a zaul vs zaul. Slower zaul teams beat me constantly, yet I've reached #1 twice in a week for the first time ever.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    The problem is: for a good Zaul team we must have SA, Zavage, Sith trooper, and I'm f2p and I pass almost all days studying from 7:30 AM to 7:00 PM, that means that I do not have so much time to invest on these characters, but what I say is that Zaul is only meta with a restrict group of especific characters, while Rex can be with a lot of characters and can hold on on defense for a long time compared to zaul, that is only good on offense

Wrong. Rex teams need gk+chaze. That only leaves one slot up in the air and 90% of the time it's nihilus.

Rex teams need GK and DN. Chaze is a good fit there but I don't lose on offense with DT and Zylo in that spot.

ETA, DT + Zylo is a good answer to Rex/Chaze/GK/DN too. Zylo stops health gain and DT stuns and double taps rebels. (plus Deathmark).

I just looked at your team RayRay - nice effin mods. lol. Your DT is the shizzle. I could possibly run that team, but the mods wouldn't be quite as good on DT.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    It's all about them mods [speed]; "if ya ain't first, you're last."

That's the thing. It is really THE reason Rex is so prevelent. You don't have to be first to win. Rex lead is build to recover. you don't need to be the fastest at all. Speed certainly helps but you don't have to go first.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    The problem is: for a good Zaul team we must have SA, Zavage, Sith trooper, and I'm f2p and I pass almost all days studying from 7:30 AM to 7:00 PM, that means that I do not have so much time to invest on these characters, but what I say is that Zaul is only meta with a restrict group of especific characters, while Rex can be with a lot of characters and can hold on on defense for a long time compared to zaul, that is only good on offense

Wrong. Rex teams need gk+chaze. That only leaves one slot up in the air and 90% of the time it's nihilus.

Rex teams need GK and DN. Chaze is a good fit there but I don't lose on offense with DT and Zylo in that spot.

ETA, DT + Zylo is a good answer to Rex/Chaze/GK/DN too. Zylo stops health gain and DT stuns and double taps rebels. (plus Deathmark).

I just looked at your team RayRay - nice effin mods. lol. Your DT is the shizzle. I could possibly run that team, but the mods wouldn't be quite as good on DT.

Thanks;) I am lacking a little speed actually. I get jealous of those that can give 100 speed to 5 characters. I can give 80-89 to 3 max.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • While there are high chance abilities, maul lead dodge chance only gives 20% chance but it procs 100% or more. Its not about meta or whatever but that mauls lead is broken, nerf that horned bulldung or change his lead description to something like 1000% chance
  • It all depends on who you run. Alot of the complaints about Rex are from Sith teams, where his tenacity up ability is ruining their debuffs. But against another team - say a QGJzeta lead team - he's a walk in the park because his immediate tenacity buff is just giving the enemy a chance to provide offense up for their whole team. Me, I LOVE seeing a Rex lead in arena. Love it. Every team has a counter; you can't expect your own team to just dominate every possible other combination, and then complain when you don't. Find a way around him. He's not that meta.