Can we please remove daily challenge rewards from Raids?

Melvil
242 posts Member
edited April 2017
This is my fourth raid in a row - 2 Heroic Rancors and 2 Normal AAT in which 2/3 out of the gear I get is one I can get in daily challenges and I have already thousands/hundreds of. It's quite annoying and demoralizing when I see rewards like that...

And I'm pretty sure I'm not in a minority of people who have this happening to them along with the trend of getting hundreds of 1 piece of gear/salvage and squat from another (I'm looking at you Nubian Scanners).

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    i kinda like getting challenge gear as a reward in the rancor/pitt raid, don't like getting it in the AAT raid though.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Melvil
    242 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    i kinda like getting challenge gear as a reward in the rancor/pitt raid, don't like getting it in the AAT raid though.

Well I guess I wouldn't mind syringes or carbantis once in a while (although I have over 1k carbantis and close to 300 syringes currently)....maybe If I didn't have syringes I'd like to get them....but in order to put them on someone I need furnance salvage and holoprojector salvage which for me are even worse than cuffs/guns...
  • leef wrote: »

Same here, specially Mk3 carbanis.
  • JoseIrimia wrote: »

Carbantis for life!
  • Krokovich wrote: »
    JoseIrimia wrote: »

Carbantis for life!

+1

• I've been proposing a higher tier of Rancor that cuts out challenge gear and only supplies raid specific gear for a while now.
  • Melvil wrote: »

Well I guess I wouldn't mind syringes or carbantis once in a while (although I have over 1k carbantis and close to 300 syringes currently)....maybe If I didn't have syringes I'd like to get them....but in order to put them on someone I need furnance salvage and holoprojector salvage which for me are even worse than cuffs/guns...
    Over 1k Carbantis?? Do you not gear anyone or are you done gearing everyone?
  • Exletion
    649 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Melvil wrote: »

I'm kind of in the same boat as the OP, I have around 600; currently gearing Droids and FO, and they don't really need them, or if they do, I need something else to pair them with that I don't have which gives me more time to pile them up.

Whenever my guild requests them, I always donate as many as I can.

Just put gear in the GK and SF and these Carbantis range from almost 1000 to almost 0
  • I'm kind of in the same boat as the OP, I have around 600; currently gearing Droids and FO, and they don't really need them, or if they do, I need something else to pair them with that I don't have which gives me more time to pile them up.

Whenever my guild requests them, I always donate as many as I can.[/quote]
    I'm in the process of gearing Kenobi so I'm pretty overwhelmed by Carbanti need. :neutral:
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    How about removing gold challenge gear from heroic tank raid?
  • Melvil
    242 posts Member

Not nearly done gearing everyone, and have a lot more that need gearing....but currently I belevie that I have no character that needs them at their current gear level. maybe some do on the next tiers but since I can't get them there due to the lack of other raid gear....And I'm nowhere near getting GK anytime soon, so I'm not too worried about that at the moment :D
  • I'm kind of in the same boat as the OP, I have around 600; currently gearing Droids and FO, and they don't really need them, or if they do, I need something else to pair them with that I don't have which gives me more time to pile them up.

Whenever my guild requests them, I always donate as many as I can.
    I'm in the process of gearing Kenobi so I'm pretty overwhelmed by Carbanti need. :neutral:
    [/quote]

My guild just got HAAT on farm maybe a month ago, so I'm still a little ways from Kenobi, but I assume once I do get him, I'll need 500 from what i've been told to gear him up. Going to save my stuff until then.

Not nearly done gearing everyone, and have a lot more that need gearing....but currently I belevie that I have no character that needs them at their current gear level. maybe some do on the next tiers but since I can't get them there due to the lack of other raid gear....And I'm nowhere near getting GK anytime soon, so I'm not too worried about that at the moment :D
    Be ready for your Carbanti stock to severely diminish when you unlock GK. :smile:

Be ready for your Carbanti stock to severely diminish when you unlock GK. :smile:

He needs the total of 450. If you have a 1000, I don't think it would be that much of a problem ^^

He needs the total of 450. If you have a 1000, I don't think it would be that much of a problem ^^
    I said it would diminish his stock, not deplete it. If he has 1,000, then GK alone will cut that almost in half.
  • Melvil
    242 posts Member

I said it would diminish his stock, not deplete it. If he has 1,000, then GK alone will cut that almost in half.

True, but not even close to that but I have it in mind... :) will get there faster if i could get better gear from raids :D
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    When you start jacking up your tanks you'll praying for carbanti

There are also a lot of currently relevant and useful toons that require 100+ in their g10-11 load outs, whether that be just straight up carbantis or mk5 stun guns or a combination of both. If you're still lacking GK, Kylo, and a couple of others that I can't remember right now, then 1000 still isn't enough... you thought jawas needed too many stun cuffs? Well mk3 carbanti are the new bottleneck for g9-11 on a lot of toons right now
  • Raids need to drop better gear. I'm getting sick and tired of having to buy my gear instead of relying on a good RNG drop. I mean nobody is twisting my arm or anything and the choice to buy gear is my choice alone...but at the same time I've completed over 220 raids and the ratio of dropped gear vs gear purchased is like really lopsided. Maybe others have had better luck, but I sure haven't.
  • Raids need to drop better gear. I'm getting sick and tired of having to buy my gear instead of relying on a good RNG drop. I mean nobody is twisting my arm or anything and the choice to buy gear is my choice alone...but at the same time I've completed over 220 raids and the ratio of dropped gear vs gear purchased is like really lopsided. Maybe others have had better luck, but I sure haven't.

No, I'm with you man. What really needs to happen is just cut the crapp gear from the raids. Everyone needs Furnaces. At a certain rank, I don't understand why we don't all get 1 fully crafted gear piece, or make it extremely likely. Instead we finish heroic Rancor all the time and it's mid level dungeon and yet, we all still struggle over mid level, mid game, gear because the raid drops are so shiiiite.
  • Hamnier
    162 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Winstar wrote: »
    When you start jacking up your tanks you'll praying for carbanti

Mhm, no, I agree that the gear that can be obtained easily elsewhere shouldn't be in the raids.

There is one or two pieces of gear I need from each of the 3 gear challenges, but like others, I tend to have the bottleneck of not having the gear that needs to be paired with it. THAT is the gear I want to get in the raids.

Out of my 109 active characters, more than half need at least one set of Mmk8 BlasTech paired with Mk4 SoroSuub Keypad (give me those circles!), or else Mk3 Sienar Holo Projectors either alone or paired with something.
  • Can we get a megathread here? This is like a daily topic on the forums
  • Raids need to drop better gear. I'm getting sick and tired of having to buy my gear

Exactly the reason why it won't change. Why would they give up a big source of income? They would probably only change it when they raise gear level and their is a new bottleneck.

• How about removing all gear from challenges and giving us candy? @CG_Kozispoons
  • The point is raids are supposed to be a viable source for gear but they aren't.

A typical gear drop is 14 of something you need 50/60 for even 1 partial piece of 1 slot, 14 of something you don't or will unlikely ever need and 14 of something you have 1,000+ of. Oh yeah, the 3% chance you get a full piece. So you can do max raids and maybe faverage a single gear slot for a toon every 2-3 months. You can farm the single troll Baze node and have 7* before you could gear him from raids.

^^this!! EVERY single raid, whether I get 1st place or 40th place, I get those dang Nubian scanners! I'm currently sitting on 400 of them and I only have 25 furnaces/41 of those dish looking things. I have to buy both of them from shard shop and guild store. Raid rewards in general need a complete overhaul!!
  • Melvil
    242 posts Member
    nite0wl29 wrote: »
    Raids need to drop better gear. I'm getting sick and tired of having to buy my gear instead of relying on a good RNG drop. I mean nobody is twisting my arm or anything and the choice to buy gear is my choice alone...but at the same time I've completed over 220 raids and the ratio of dropped gear vs gear purchased is like really lopsided. Maybe others have had better luck, but I sure haven't.

^^this!! EVERY single raid, whether I get 1st place or 40th place, I get those dang Nubian scanners! I'm currently sitting on 400 of them and I only have 25 furnaces/41 of those dish looking things. I have to buy both of them from shard shop and guild store. Raid rewards in general need a complete overhaul!!

Same here.....packed full with scanners and nobody needing them...and severely lacking in furnances/callers/design techs (and others but these are the most widely needed) - I'd love to be able to get MK3 Holoprojectors from T7 raids as well instead of daily challenge gear....and don't get me started on the tank rewards...