Help please.

I wanted to ask a question of the people who use empire/sith. My arena team on a dec '16/Jan '17 shard is EP(L) G10, DV G10, Boba G9, DN G8, RG G8. Top 10 will always be impossible as it has whales 4-5 levels above me.

Since I got EP, I haven't fallen out of the top 50. I used double drops to unlock B2, but now it's back to my TFP. My first zeta(I'm guessing a month away as I have 4 mats) will go to DV. I had to burn 3 omegas for Rex, Teebo, an QGJ as I'm in a new guild of players 5-10 levels behind me, so I have to carry the Rancor at the moment.

I only have an omega on Ep, and DV and I know getting some on the others will help, but I want to know who I should sub out when TFP is ready? He is currently G9 and 5 stars. I figure with 5 days on him and two on mods, I should complete him the same time I zeta Vader.

If I ditch Boba, I lose a second dispel, extra ability block, and possibly the most important: ignoring a taunt to weaken an extra opponent for a Vader/Palp AOE. If I ditch Royal Gaurd, I lose someone who benefits from my Vader/EP lead. Also, I can't tell you all how many times his stun has saved my butt. It can't be ability blocked or have its cool down increased. Plus, he is a tank. Maybe not as good as shore, but I don't have him.

My shard places 10-50 is 40% Wiggs/Chaze rebels, 40% DN sith, and 10% mixers like me. I'm looking to remain in the top 50, and Vader is my favorite so I will always use him. Thanks in advance to all who reply. I have about a month, and since both are pilots, I'll continue to gear them anyways, I just need to prioritize limited resources.

Replies

• Options
    Ditch RG. I run EP, TFP, DV, B2 and DN and get #1 every day as F2P even against the whales. I'm only level 74, and I face level 77-79 players regularly. I'm going to put my first Zeta on Vader and swap B2 out for DT once I can farm him. Eventually going to take out EP for Zeta Sidious I think, but that's a while down the road.

My strat has been TFP (currently at 221 speed) AOE, DN (like 190 speed) CD increase, Palp Stun, DV DOTs, and B2 AOE.

I like RG, But I think he holds you back. Empire has plenty of fire power and durability under EP. You should focus on offense and let that be your shield.
  • Options
    TFP is definitely my biggest damage dealer, followed by EP and DV. Totally worth adding to the draft. His TM gain under EP is ridiculous. Usually goes twice before anyone else. Three times before some.
  • Options
    Yea...I probably would have him close to 7 star, but I had to farm B2 when I had the chance. His stun is still so useful. baze never counters and I have his potency high, so he 8 out of 10 stuns in my 5 battles. I like the DT suggestion. I was pretty new when his event came out so I only have him at two stars, but at level 80, I don't have that cantina table open yet. If I switch Boba out and give his mods to TFP, there will only be a June Erso on my shard that is faster than my TFP.

I have a month to decide. Boba just doesn't receive any leadership benefit. He is great and has been on my arena team since I unlocked him, but with a zeta Vader, he provides no TM. Places 1-10 are way out of range. They have g10/11 toons full omegas(I had to sacrifice for the guild), and a few zetas. Plus, the mods on the top 10 are unreal. Waaayyyu better than mine. The speed quote I have only applies to 10-50. In my top 10, there are numerous +230 speed toons. My TFP can get to 210.
  • Options
    Hmmm.. Do you have a discord? Have a some openings in my guild that you might be considered for if you are interested. You can check our guild out at

https://swgoh.gg/g/13920/anzgc/

Invite is strictly for OP. Please do not contact me for information unless you were the creator of this topic.
  • Options
    @ExarTheKun

Thanks for the offer. That would definitely help me greatly, and I have discord, but I play with my son in the guild I'm in. He is only 6 and I promised I would stay with him. He has a "collect them all mentality and spends his credits/crystals as fast as he gets them.

I've started an alt account that I'm saving to go arena live when my schedule shifts to nights since I will have to stay awake all night on my day off to preserve my sleep schedule. I should be able to really climb with that one as I'll have 20k energy, 2500 cantina, 3000 crystals, and 10 million credits. Once I start that one, I may relax on this one and just play it with him when he is over. I am building raid teams and am super attached to this team tho, so I may not do the alt at all. I just have to stay in a guild with my son and I'm nudging him to do the right thing, but it's gonna take a long time.
  • Options
    Good luck with your team then! Really hope it works out for you, and your son. Stay true to the Dark Side!
  • mlb1399
    674 posts Member
    Options
    I ran EP(l), Vader, TFP, Boba and B2 with high success a few months ago. I subbed TFP when I got Zylo. Then Boba when I got DN.

Eventually switched to Zaul and now Rex lead though.