Arena RNG favoring defense

I know this sounds ridiculous but bear with me
Ever since using zMaul I've only been able to win half of my offensive arena battles, maybe even less but my ranking doesn't really drop past 40 despite never getting higher than 25. So what this means is that I don't lose many defensive battles and the people I can't beat on offense have trouble beating me while they're on offense.
This shouldn't be possible considering people are smarter than AI. So my conclusion is that RNG might slightly favor the defender, which in this meta could be significant.
I'm hoping this changes once I get a zSavage or zKylo soon because it is infuriating to lose so many battles but we'll see.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    This shouldn't be possible considering people are smarter than AI.

Maybe not.....

Also if this was true wouldn't kylo be better on defense, from what I have seen maybe people say he's using the wrong skill on defense.

If they wanted to buff the defensive team they could easily make a fee changes and do nothing with the rng.

Single targeting from the ai
    Slightly better selection of skills to use
    Targeted attacks when a skill requires attack of a debuffed toon.

Just to name a few.
  • Options
    It is entirely possible that defensive squads are given a slight advantage, either through stats or tighter rng. Many people have witnessed an apparent bias for defensive squads, though, the CG/EA cheerleading squad will be in shortly to tell you that you're wrong.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    It is entirely possible that defensive squads are given a slight advantage, either through stats or tighter rng. Many people have witnessed an apparent bias for defensive squads, though, the CG/EA cheerleading squad will be in shortly to tell you that you're wrong.

I have no opinion one way or the other, but there are easier ways to make a defensive team better then rng.
  • Options
    I want zKylo because I believe he can be a great tool on offense and help me win more but zSavage is better defensively, at least in my experience.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I want zKylo because I believe he can be a great tool on offense and help me win more but zSavage is better defensively, at least in my experience.

This is absolutely true.