The revenge of Mace Windu?

Will Mace Windu finally become a character to use/fear? Do you guys think that the changes to him was good enough? I really hope he will become the Jedi he is in the movies. You dont get a purple lightsaber for nothing.

Replies

• Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Will Mace Windu finally become a character to use/fear? Do you guys think that the changes to him was good enough? I really hope he will become the Jedi he is in the movies. You dont get a purple lightsaber for nothing.

No thr changes make him viable on paper but in no way will make him anything to worry about. Same principle as ventress, makes no difference how strong/good they are. Slow toons are basically worthless and mace is soooooooo slow. He will hav ehis uses but wont be an arena option as he should be.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    I'm fsrming him for my jedi team, so i will be able to answer you soon.
    He will do decent damage, he is tanky, he buffs jedi, and he randomly expose people. On paper sounds good
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    yeah the whole random expose thing is so dumb, since when is it worthwhile to attack random heroes, assuming you can get past tenacity. Not to mention its worthless against the current arena meta as it wont load on Poe and with the taunt you have to attack Poe.
  • Even with the buff, I'm not especially compelled to farm him.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Randall wrote: »
    yeah the whole random expose thing is so dumb, since when is it worthwhile to attack random heroes, assuming you can get past tenacity. Not to mention its worthless against the current arena meta as it wont load on Poe and with the taunt you have to attack Poe.

There is that thing called AOE too.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    I'm farming him as I needed someone for the Jedi thing and to get more orange balls. I'll stop at 5* and assess him then.
    Yes, he's still slow, and yes, CG has ignored the speed/DPS problem. But that doesn't mean he can't play a role in some teams. He appears like he would synergize nicely in a resistance team now. He does get a turn meter boost and the ability to use it. His self-heal makes him no pushover. I think he's worth a look.
    I'd certainly use him over Finn in a resistance team.. which is kind of a sad comment on Finn, but whatever.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Triqui wrote: »

Mace as an AoE? because I believe it says the expose lasts for his turn only.

EDIT: Yup I even bolded it for you.
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Character Balance Changes

Mace Windu
    Mace Windu's kit was highly divergent, lacking synergy or focus that would allow him to play a clear role in combat. This overhaul should help him secure his identity as a heroic, high-pressure Tank that enemies will have to focus fire on to survive, even without a Taunt.
    • Basic ability reworked: Now deals 25~50% more damage while Mace is above 50% Health, and heals Mace for 50~70% of the damage dealt while Mace is below 50% Health
    • Unique ability reworked: At the start of each of his turns, Mace has a 30~60% chance to Expose a random enemy until the end of his turn. In addition, Mace gains 10~25% Turn Meter whenever he attacks an Exposed enemy.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    I'm farming him as I needed someone for the Jedi thing and to get more orange balls. I'll stop at 5* and assess him then.
    Yes, he's still slow, and yes, CG has ignored the speed/DPS problem. But that doesn't mean he can't play a role in some teams. He appears like he would synergize nicely in a resistance team now. He does get a turn meter boost and the ability to use it. His self-heal makes him no pushover. I think he's worth a look.
    I'd certainly use him over Finn in a resistance team.. which is kind of a sad comment on Finn, but whatever.

I'd rather farm Ahsoka for the Jedi Event. Mace is too situational.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Triqui wrote: »

Mace as an AoE? because I believe it says the expose lasts for his turn only.

Didn't notice that the expose is only for his turn. If that's so, he loses vslue, certainly
  • The expose still could be a nice bonus. I'm going to try him out once I'm done with Kylo.