Zeta Krennic vs. Zeta Vader

Looking for opinions as to whether I should go with Zeta Krennic or Zeta Vader for an Imperial squad. I am not concerned with taking the top spots in arena, just looking to have fun while staying mildly competitive. I would really like to hear from players who actually a Zeta Krennic.

Replies

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Just a thought. Zader is easy to get. Many f2p already have him. As such you're probably going to get many more thoughts on him. Especially since Krennic also needs DT to be truly effective. That said, I'm curious as well.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • PuppyJuicers
    155 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Just a thought. Zader is easy to get. Many f2p already have him. As such you're probably going to get many more thoughts on him. Especially since Krennic also needs DT to be truly effective. That said, I'm curious as well.

I have Death Trooper 7 stars, ability maxed and gear capped. I will have Krennic 7 stars and gear capped by the end of next week. I just can't decide who I want to lead my squad.
  • Taramel
    601 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

@Nikoms565 I have a G11 5 star zDk and 6 star G11 zDT. In arena zKrennic is an all star... in arena I'm still undecided... while he can win he really struggled vs good Zaul squads... one big reason is stealth removes deathmark. Also so far he gets destroyed by triple cleanse teams running with DN
  • Krennic (L), DT, TFP, Super Commando, Shore might be an interesting team to try against Zaul.

Ability block, dispel, and buff immunity, plus death mark for Zavage.
  • Taramel
    601 posts Member
    @Cannonfodder1018 deathmark doesn't work against zavage due to his self cleanse when he is crit. If it crits on the application it gets insta cleared
  • I run a zKrennic and zDT with tfp, b2 and shore. I didn't zeta maul because it is so boring when everyone has same team. Solid team that beats zader and Jedi teams frequently. Pretty good against Rex teams. Only okay against zaul. Mauls daze AOE is a killer to dt and b2.
    But my krennic is only 4 star and dt is 5 star and this is against full 7 star zaul and Rex teams. Usually end up #8-20 in my arena.
    Also it makes gw a breeze. Krennic lead, dt, Vader, Palatine, and tfp on auto finishes every single time.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    zVader will win out. Sith assassin is so good under Vader and the tm reduction means a Vader lead can chain attacks and lock down a krennic team. For example, my 265 speed assassin will let my Vader move first vs Rex teams. I can aoe slow, apply dots and remove tm (I lower his crit so he won't push the opponent too much) followed by DN to +1 all cds of my opponent. Then Rex can't even use his special and it's gg.

Krennic would be good if they had tm manipulation--no stagger doesn't count. They are just too slow. Play krennic if you like them, but play Vader if you want to win more battles. Krennnic needs a speedy toon who can speed them up. Tm manipulation is too good right now and sadly, krennic teams just lack the opening speed.
  • Thanks for the feedback. After doing some more detailed research, I think I am going to go with Zader.
  • Bjpac04
    119 posts Member
    Hate to sound negative but if u wanna do well in arena, just copy the top teams. This game is basically built for Every1 to run the same team
  • Bjpac04 wrote: »
    Hate to sound negative but if u wanna do well in arena, just copy the top teams. This game is basically built for Every1 to run the same team

Not gonna do that. 80% of my shard's top 50 is already Zaul. Arena is boring enough as it is.