Gar Saxon Calculated Ambush

Gar Saxons AoE ability, Calculated Ambush, is not doing any additional damage to enemies with less than 50% Turn Meter.

Replies

• crzydroid
    7296 posts Moderator
    Screenshots?
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    Yeah mechanics show math being way off.
  • scuba wrote: »

Gosh maybe it's too late in the evening but the swgoh mechanics page for that ability does seem very screwy.

If over 50%, do 133% damage....if under do 199%. Shouldn't that stuff be 100% and 200% or at least 133% and 266% lol?

• crzydroid
    7296 posts Moderator
    Mechanics seem to show it doing 1.5 times as much damage at all levels of that ability. I'm stretching my brain to think how that is considered double. It's like "half again as much."
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    Mewingloki wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »

Gosh maybe it's too late in the evening but the swgoh mechanics page for that ability does seem very screwy.

If over 50%, do 133% damage....if under do 199%. Shouldn't that stuff be 100% and 200% or at least 133% and 266% lol?

The modifer for the ability is listed as 2.00

So yeah it should be 200% and 400% of physical damage.

If for some reason the data pulled is off and the modifer of 2.00 shown is the double damage one then it should be 100% and 200% of physical damage. One way or another it is off.
  • I was just looking at actual numbers against enemies, 3,000 +/- 300 or so.
    They must be cat people over there, letting them sit on all their keyboards while they code, because they certainly aren't having their work checked, like, at all.
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    I was just looking at actual numbers against enemies, 3,000 +/- 300 or so.
    They must be cat people over there, letting them sit on all their keyboards while they code, because they certainly aren't having their work checked, like, at all.

Lol. I have been meaning to go back and grab some screen shots to make a bug report. You beat me to it.
  • Just waiting on acknowledgement now. <sets timer to August>
  • Rakim
    267 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    I feel like I saw someone point this out before the Gar event even happened. They immediately saw an issue in the text and posted in the forum about it. A mod told them not to complain before a toon is out and closed the discussion. Hilarious this could've been prevented before he was even released
  • Osirisreborn
    1017 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    I was just looking at actual numbers against enemies, 3,000 +/- 300 or so.

Catching on, they are!!
    Release another three toons, we shall!!

"and i will show you ... where the iron crosses grow..."
  • It's the grEAd way.
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    So I grabbed some screen shots and supprisingly it does look like it is doing double damage.
    Same battle
    Barris damage at <50% TM
    zRPzvR4.png
    Barris damage at >50% TM
    LfrQIS6.png

right about double.

It did bring to light another bug.
    If B2 has less than 50% TM and his rentless barrage triggers during the attack he will take damage twice.
    Notice the 2k non cirt damage above and also taking 6k crit damage.
    This also indicates the double damage is working. My gar only has 150% CD.
    So even though the math looks off in the mechanics it seems to be working right. The modifer for the attack may be off, might be showing the double damage modifer.
  • crzydroid
    7296 posts Moderator
    Scuba to the rescue again. Want to open another thread regarding the b2 bug?
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Scuba to the rescue again. Want to open another thread regarding the b2 bug?

Shh.... I like that one.

Really with the lack of fixing any reported bugs I will no longer waste my time with bug reports. I will share info on ones that have already been opened by others but it just truly feels like wasted effort since they just don't get fixed. Cassian, Chirruit, IG88, Ezra, EP, Vader, TFP, Sith Trooper, General Kenobi, and the list just goes on and on and on. But hey they are going to make sure we have the right graphic with the right ship!!
  • Exactly, i think this whole subforum is so too many dont see them in general. I have learned a ton from reading these tho
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    Too add it looks like the numbers on swgoh.gg have been updated.
    They must have snuck in a fix with update yesterday.
  • scuba wrote: »

This whole issue was brought up in a bug report by Josh_K, but his post was closed (that's another story altogether lol). Looks like he was right all along.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/104171/gar-saxon-aoe-damage-bugged
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »

This whole issue was brought up in a bug report by Josh_K, but his post was closed (that's another story altogether lol). Looks like he was right all along.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/104171/gar-saxon-aoe-damage-bugged

Yeah I had some vids from release day I meant to grab screen shots from but forgot. I am sure they were all jacked up. Oh well at least some bug is fixed even if they didn't share that info with us.
  • Oceania is our ally, oceania has always been our ally
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Hiya!
    The Gar Saxon issue was flagged as a bug previously and should be addressed as of this posting.In regards to the issue with B2, our team has investigated, but could not reproduce the problem.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    Hiya!
    The Gar Saxon issue was flagged as a bug previously and should be addressed as of this posting.In regards to the issue with B2, our team has investigated, but could not reproduce the problem.

Funny. I have done it multiple times. B2 must start with less than 50% tm.
  • Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    Thanks for checking it out.
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    @scuba
    I don't even report bugs anymore (unless they annoy me one to many times) but bugs and issues section is clogged by false bug reports. If the community could answer the false ones, Kozispoon would have more time with actual bugs.
    Of course kozispoon with have to okay those members of the community.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.