Last Update was on 4/11...

Sleek_Viper
345 posts Member
edited April 2017
It's been 11 days, and nothing new to report?

A weekly update would be appreciated. Even if just to say, "Currently, we're looking into...."

Would be nice, just sayin.
Travelling through Hyperspace ain't like dustin' crops, boy!

Replies

• StarSon
    7431 posts Member
    They generally do a game update ever 2 weeks, so expect one on Tuesday/Wednesday. Though it may get pushed to do something to coincide with May the Fourth.

As for "this is what we're up to," they don't do those anymore. Not sure why, but they seem to have decided that communication is bad.
  • If they tell us what they are releasing it hurts their buttom line.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    StarSon wrote: »
    They generally do a game update ever 2 weeks, so expect one on Tuesday/Wednesday. Though it may get pushed to do something to coincide with May the Fourth.

As for "this is what we're up to," they don't do those anymore. Not sure why, but they seem to have decided that communication is bad.

I'm guessing it's because people complain about everything. People **** about not having advanced warning, so they post in upcoming events. Then people **** about working on characters for little rewards. Or they don't bother to gear them up because they think it will be too hard. Then people complain that the events are too easy, so they up the difficulty a bit, and people complain that they can't beat the final tier.

I would be frustrated too. It would be one thing if people had constructive logical complaints, but just straight up complaints that will brook no arguments would turn any creator/developer into wanting to be a bit tight-lipped.

It would be a lot easier to get dev responses if people understood that any game that can't frustrate you is too easy to hold most people's attention for very long, and didn't try to post feedback about being frustrated. That's why a lot of forums have complaint/rant sections. It's a place for people to go and vent without anyone thinking it can/would/should affect gameplay.

• 1. Update is coming next week because of elite battle 3. So that's mon- thurs.
    2. I feel like communication was really bad right after mods dropped. Now devs are a bit more vocal.
  • Hamnier
    162 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Did they say there would be an elite battle 3?
    Woodroward wrote: »
    I would be frustrated too. It would be one thing if people had constructive logical complaints, but just straight up complaints that will brook no arguments would turn any creator/developer into wanting to be a bit tight-lipped.

Also, I think I remember there being some complaints about too many notifications. "Only tell us stuff we want to hear" kind of things. People being frustrated because they would just say hi instead of making a big announcement. (I'm for the 'just saying hi', it's nice to be reminded that they are doing things in our interest.)
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Hamnier wrote: »
    Did they say there would be an elite battle 3?
    Woodroward wrote: »

Also, I think I remember there being some complaints about too many notifications. "Only tell us stuff we want to hear" kind of things. People being frustrated because they would just say hi instead of making a big announcement. (I'm for the 'just saying hi', it's nice to be reminded that they are doing things in our interest.)
    Theres a marquee battle for gar saxon's ship next thursday. Its in the events/announcements post
  • They probably stopped because they never live up to what they say in the updates.
  • jm21
    72 posts Member
    I think part of it is that when they said we are working on "xx" people automatically think that it means it will be in the next update. Just because they are working on it or looking into it doesn't mean it will be finished in a week, then there will be 50 comments about why didn't you fix "xx"
  • I think a weekly update of bug fixes can be argued to be appropriate. There are still so many bugs, it just makes the players feel ignored.
  • Youll have a new update likely tuesday.

After Gar Saxxon event were supposed to get thier ship.

But you cant have an event thats not in the game file.... so logically youll have a new update soon
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Update: Empire faction pass. Nobody is going to run Veers still. Marquee event for another toon or ship perhaps. Use top squad, auto in 5 minutes done. You can buy more shards if you want. Wait to more weeks for repeat events.

This game has become so stale and predictable it hurts me to say that. I've followed this game since before E3 2015 and have played since day 1. We need new challenging events desperately and often.
  • It's been 11 days, and nothing new to report?

A weekly update would be appreciated. Even if just to say, "Currently, we're looking into...."

Would be nice, just sayin.

Yeah last time they went 11 days with out an update I thought ea went bankrupt and shut the game down. That didn't happen though, so I still can't explain why it took so long to get an update that time.
  • Atlas1 wrote: »
    Update: Empire faction pass. Nobody is going to run Veers still. Marquee event for another toon or ship perhaps. Use top squad, auto in 5 minutes done. You can buy more shards if you want. Wait to more weeks for repeat events.

This game has become so stale and predictable it hurts me to say that. I've followed this game since before E3 2015 and have played since day 1. We need new challenging events desperately and often.

Yes please, I agree.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Atlas1 wrote: »

I might start running Veers if leader is good enough. He's always been my favorite Empire character, I was excited when I found it he was in game. Found out he was bad, but geared, leveled, and starred him up anyway. Now it's going to pay off, so that's awesome. Best update from my perspective in a long time.
  • My arena empire team needs rework so it will be a perfect Time to improve my empire team of veers,tarkin,royal guard,palpatine,stormtroopers,shoretrooper,Vader.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    My arena empire team needs rework so it will be a perfect Time to improve my empire team of veers,tarkin,royal guard,palpatine,stormtroopers,shoretrooper,Vader.

Vader won't be touched, and EP will only receive his missing zetas. The others though should all be getting some attention.
  • War wrote: »
    My arena empire team needs rework so it will be a perfect Time to improve my empire team of veers,tarkin,royal guard,palpatine,stormtroopers,shoretrooper,Vader.

Vader won't be touched, and EP will only receive his missing zetas. The others though should all be getting some attention.

Yeah even RG needs a little help. He was so good for so long, but now he has become obsolete.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    War wrote: »

Yeah even RG needs a little help. He was so good for so long, but now he has become obsolete.

Problem is Baze came and took both SHT's and RG's jobs, plus does a number of other things. So I'm expecting both of them to get some buffs.
  • Baze got locked away in light side hard node ,reworking royal guard is a great alternative.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Baze got locked away in light side hard node ,reworking royal guard is a great alternative.

So is Shoretrooper, what's your point? Both RG and SHT should be getting buffs, although neither will still be as good as Baze.
  • War wrote: »
    Baze got locked away in light side hard node ,reworking royal guard is a great alternative.

So is Shoretrooper, what's your point? Both RG and SHT should be getting buffs, although neither will still be as good as Baze.

We're forgetting about the third Empire tank...STORMTROOPER! One of the bottom 5 toons in the game! If anyone needs a rework, it's THAT guy.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    War wrote: »

We're forgetting about the third Empire tank...STORMTROOPER! One of the bottom 5 toons in the game! If anyone needs a rework, it's THAT guy.

Agreed 100%. The only ones I believe won't be getting anything are Vader, TFP, Krennic, DT, Gar Saxon, and ISC. First two are powerful enough, and last four are too new for anything. EP will only get zetas mind you, don't see any part of his kit that's dated one bit.

Veers, Tarkin, Stormtrooper, RG, SHT, Snowtrooper, and Magmatrooper should all be getting buffs of varying degrees. Reworks for Veers and Stormtrooper I imagine.