Shoretrooper good at 3 stars?

I just want to know if I should spend my time maxing him out at 3 stars

Replies

• Options
    At high levels & gear, the stats added by the levels & gear far outweigh the increases to base stats that come from stars. Without all the stars, his stats will be a little lacking, but not that bad. He'll be viable.

If you're a free player who doesn't have many crystals to spare, you might consider taking him to 4 stars and stopping there since it doesn't cost an enormous amount of crystals to get a 4th star.
  • Options
    Yes, he is, but he's not really meta anymore for arena and you obviously can't use him in heroic raids. Still a strong toon especially if you need a Taunter for GW.
  • Options
    Starring isn't as important as gears.
    Stars help but it's not what makes the toon viable or not.
    If you're looking to use him in Arena then yeah 3* is fine. If you can farm his node that's even better. I use a 4* Baze in Arena and a 5* Chirrut - finished 13th today in my payout.
  • Sith1
    314 posts Member
    Options
    3* gear 10-11 you'll be fine and he may not be meta but still is very viable in arena
  • Options
    I have him at 3* and g9, and he is very good.
  • Options
    I don't think so. If you're fighting people with 7* Shore your going to be outclassed with your 3*. Maybe if you're in the level 60-70 range he will be fine. Only one way to tell. Try it out and see how it works.
  • Options
    3* is fine at maxed gear, I'd recommend getting him to 4* but 3 will serve the purpose until then. Gear is far more important than stars
  • Options
    Would a crit avoid mod or protection primary work better for him?
  • Options
    I have mine at 4* gear 8 with all 5 dot health mods that add protection and defense. He takes so many hits and I was able to 3* Cantina 8-A with him on my team. I like him a lot
  • Options
    At 4☆/G11, mine has 29.9k hp & 70.2k protection with mods. At 3☆ he would probably have a 2-3k less hp.
  • Options
    1nSomNiaC wrote: »

All protection primaries if possible, and I prefer mine at base speed to hold the taunt longer
  • Options
    At 4☆/G11, mine has 29.9k hp & 70.2k protection with mods. At 3☆ he would probably have a 2-3k less hp.

@AnonymousMeh

How? Does g11 add that much protection? I have him at 7* g10 with 4 +23.5% protection primaries and all the other health and protection I can get him and I'm only sitting at 29k health and 50k protection.
  • WrathofCaedus
    1880 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

@AnonymousMeh

How? Does g11 add that much protection? I have him at 7* g10 with 4 +23.5% protection primaries and all the other health and protection I can get him and I'm only sitting at 29k health and 50k protection.

It's a noticeable difference for sure

Edit: mine has about 31k health and 70k protection at only 5*
  • Options

@AnonymousMeh

It's a noticeable difference for sure

Edit: mine has about 31k health and 70k protection at only 5*

Wow. I need to concentrate on getting him to the next gear if it's going to add another 20k protection
  • Options
    Thank you everyone! I almost have him at gear 9 level 80, and I will try to save up crystals and get him to 4 stars
  • Options
    1nSomNiaC wrote: »

All protection primaries if possible, and I prefer mine at base speed to hold the taunt longer

Thanks buddy