Help me solo H Rancor pls?

So I recently threw my first zeta on Vader and decided to triumphantly waltz into an easy mode H Rancor, or not. I fell flat on my face!

Although I understand the mechanics of not using culling blade at all (or at the least with force choke coming off CD in 1 turn), my squad was only JUST able to make it out of P1 - with 1 toon remaining.

Speeds across my characters ranged from 183-231 but I think my problem may not only be in speed but also other stats? Potency to help TMR stick? The pigs were getting a lot of action and this is where I was going wrong!

Could any one please have a look at my profile, squad, and mods and make some suggestions please? https://swgoh.gg/u/pwntehnubs/

Squad I was running last raid was Zader (L), TFP, EP, Sid (G8 at the time, now G10), and QGJ.

Also just wondering if subbing out any of the above toons for Grand Moff Tarkin is a good idea for TMR abilities?

Replies

• Options
    pwnthenubs wrote: »
    So I recently threw my first zeta on Vader and decided to triumphantly waltz into an easy mode H Rancor, or not. I fell flat on my face!

Although I understand the mechanics of not using culling blade at all (or at the least with force choke coming off CD in 1 turn), my squad was only JUST able to make it out of P1 - with 1 toon remaining.

Speeds across my characters ranged from 183-231 but I think my problem may not only be in speed but also other stats? Potency to help TMR stick? The pigs were getting a lot of action and this is where I was going wrong!

Could any one please have a look at my profile, squad, and mods and make some suggestions please? https://swgoh.gg/u/pwntehnubs/

Squad I was running last raid was Zader (L), TFP, EP, Sid (G8 at the time, now G10), and QGJ.

Also just wondering if subbing out any of the above toons for Grand Moff Tarkin is a good idea for TMR abilities?

Use this team and you will solo the Rancor pretty easily

[img][/img]2mq2kc5.jpg

zVader MAX Gear
    Emperor Palpatine Gear X (almost Xl)
    Darth Sidious Gear X
    TIE Fighter Pilot MAX Gear
    Rex Gear X
  • crzydroid
    7298 posts Moderator
    edited April 2017
    Options
    With tfp, you don't need potency.

Why the heck is EP on that team? The typical team is Zader, Boba, Sidious, Tusken Shaman, and Rex.

Swap out EP for Boba, at least.
    Post edited by crzydroid on
  • Options
    ElleMadara wrote: »

[img][/img]2mq2kc5.jpg

zVader MAX Gear
    Darth Sidious Gear X
    Rex Gear X

I actually realised my Sid is only gear IX and my Rex is still at gear VII, so I'm a little ways off this team. How much speed are you running with for each toon?
  • Ryan16
    41 posts Member
    Options
    I've solo'd it multiple times with zader L gear 10 with 263 speed, TFP w/ g11 350 speed, EP 264 speed G10, RG w/ g10 171 speed, and qgj g11 215 speed. Tfp and ep has around 60% potency and Rg and Vader are below 50. My qgj is only one above 100% potency. It's pretty easy with my squad right there. Once I get to rancor I never get hit. Just use all basics other than Vader s DOT
  • Options
    I solo it with Zader and Palpatine at 201 speed, Sid at around 230, TFP at 249, and a Magmatrooper at like 170-something. QGJ is ok, but someone like Rex with more consistent TM reduction is better.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    Ryan16 wrote: »
    I've solo'd it multiple times with zader L gear 10 with 263 speed, TFP w/ g11 350 speed, EP 264 speed G10, RG w/ g10 171 speed, and qgj g11 215 speed. Tfp and ep has around 60% potency and Rg and Vader are below 50. My qgj is only one above 100% potency. It's pretty easy with my squad right there. Once I get to rancor I never get hit. Just use all basics other than Vader s DOT
    Your TFP has 350 speed?
  • Options

^^Your squad is the problem. Zader, Maul, Sid, TFP and FOO. Or Zader, Maul, Sid, TFP and Rex. Use Maul's AoE daze in the beginning on the pigs to get you through them. FOO has the ideal TMR with 50%, plus the cleanse with advantage, so that once you stack enough DoT's at the end of P1, you can give Vader advantage and use culling blade at about 15-20% to avoid the end of the phase. After that, you can put it on auto and relax.
  • Options

^^Your squad is the problem. Zader, Maul, Sid, TFP and FOO. Or Zader, Maul, Sid, TFP and Rex. Use Maul's AoE daze in the beginning on the pigs to get you through them. FOO has the ideal TMR with 50%, plus the cleanse with advantage, so that once you stack enough DoT's at the end of P1, you can give Vader advantage and use culling blade at about 15-20% to avoid the end of the phase. After that, you can put it on auto and relax.
    Maul & FOO are not options right now and Rex would be about 1-2 weeks to farm to a useable level, after finishing off Sid.

I might throw my 2nd Zeta on Sid to boost his potency as well as making him HAAT viable. Thoughts?
  • Thor_Odinson1
    1995 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

Maul & FOO are not options right now and Rex would be about 1-2 weeks to farm to a useable level, after finishing off Sid.

I might throw my 2nd Zeta on Sid to boost his potency as well as making him HAAT viable. Thoughts?

I've never heard of using FOO and Maul is pretty slow to be using for this. You don't need more potency on Sid because the TM reduction granted by Zader cannot be resisted. If you want him to land dots more consistently then go for it, but I think QGJ is your bigger problem. Try replacing him with Rex or MT (or Jyn or Bistan). MT has a special that can reduce more TM if the boss starts getting close to a turn. You have to load him up with potency mods, but mine is at G8 and works fine.

Edit: I would also try to get Sid to at least 200 speed.
  • _JB_
    68 posts Member
    Options
    Can you do it without TFP or is he a must have?
  • Options
    I run your team with Jyn instead of QGJ and I can solo it on auto quite easily. Her 100% TM removal and gain makes a huge difference.
  • PorMestari
    125 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I never failed to Solo after i Zeed on my Vader. ;-) I use Vader, zsid, tfp, qui gon, Palpa. Tfp 275 speed, all the rest about 200.
    One time had Palpa die on pigs but soloed anyway.
    Instead of qui gon you can use teebo, rex or some other who reduces tm.

Ps. The above mentioned tusken shaman set up is for tank raid, at least thats where i use it.
  • Options
    Tmr from sith is unstable and minor at p1 so 2 tmr toons like qgj and Rex is very important.
    I don't know why everyone have 85+ speed on all toons for rancor but for myself
    Zadar ep tfp Rex and qgj with average 175 speed can solo it using basic ability except qgj for p1.

I am very interested about 350 speed tie fighter pilot though
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Options
    I soloed it today with Zader, Rex, Maul, Palpatine, and TIE Pilot. Rex cleanses in P1 and can remove TM on basic during 2-4. Once I made it to P2, I just put it on auto with basic attacks only. The Rancor didn't take a turn once in all three phases. Don't use specials or drop the door, just spam basic attacks. Worked for me.
  • Stevesaint74
    898 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Hi guys, ought I able to solo with (all 7* lvl 85):-

Vader gear 9
    Maul gear 9
    FOO gear 11
    TFP gear 11
    Qcj gear 11

None above are Zeta'd but can do that straight away when I've decided.

Speed isn't an issue. I can move mods around to get to the speeds discussed in the previous posts.

I've also:

Palp gear 11
    Rg gear 11
    Boba gear 10
    Rex gear 9
    Sid gear 9
    5s gear 9... to replace any of the above.

All advice welcome
  • Options
    ElleMadara wrote: »

[img][/img]2mq2kc5.jpg

zVader MAX Gear
    Darth Sidious Gear X
    Rex Gear X

I use the same except I use Sidious instead of Rex
  • Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    With tfp, you don't need potency.

Why the heck is EP on that team? The typical team is Zader, Boba, Sidious, Tusken Shaman, and Rex.

Swap out EP for Boba, at least.

EP stun is valuable in p1... and offense up is also helpful. I have mine at 215 speed I believe so he gets a lot of turns to boot, and does high damage
  • Options

I'm calling you out on 350 speed. TFP has a base of 170. With a speed mod set equipped you get +17. A primary arrow adds another 30. That is 217 speed. You need 133 from 5 speed secondaries, an average of 26.6 per mod.

Please post pics of the mods you have equipped on TFP.
  • Options

I'm calling you out on 350 speed. TFP has a base of 170. With a speed mod set equipped you get +17. A primary arrow adds another 30. That is 217 speed. You need 133 from 5 speed secondaries, an average of 26.6 per mod.

Please post pics of the mods you have equipped on TFP.

I think the guy just made a typo, I just checked out his TFP and its fast enough (260) to do a solo I think.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    He didn't make a typo then. He just added his bonus speed twice, thinking that the numbers in the bracket haven't already been added.
    @Ryan16
  • Options
    Just being friendly, thought the guy had made an innocent mistake that's all
  • Options
    I can solo pretty regularly with
    Zader
    Tfp
    Emp
    Rg
    Teebo
    Only one with good speed is my tfp. I ignore dots and focus on getting tenacity down with tfp. Then just basic away. I save teebos stealth move for if i get in a bad spot. After p1 its all down hill. Not even close to an optimal line up but it works.
  • SkySmoker420
    106 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    He must have made the mistake for everyone. I thought I had decent mods, not the best, but I was thinking that was some crazy speed for Vader and EP, and the tfp seemed impossible.
    These are my mods:
    Vader 195(+74)
    Boba 218(+83)
    TFP 258(+88)
    EP 214(+92)
    Shore 115(+4)
    The only reason Shore is +4 was because I had a secondary of 5% health I couldn't pass up even if it had a speed secondary on it as well lol.