Galaxy Of Heroes Is The Better Game But...

So Galaxy Of Heroes might be the better game, but I kind of like how DC Legends does some selected new characters better. Poison Ivy, for example.

Galaxy of Heroes only lets you do a tier once, get enough shards to get character to about Star Level 3, and gives you 48 hours-ish to do the event.

DC Legends though kind of mixes Yoda/Palpatine events with something like that Chopper Event where you could get a shard a day.

I like how the Poison Ivy event is a whole week. It has multiple tiers/nodes (Yoda/Palpatine Events), but refreshes every day/24 hours (Chopper Event) so you can replay the nodes/tiers to get more shards. PLUS depending on the character, it ranges from 1-5 shards, maybe more depending on the difficulty of the node/tier. Poison Ivy gives you anywhere between 3-9 shards per tier. Well, the ones I can 3-star. ALSO, there are tiers in between that reward ability mats to level up Poison Ivy, or the other characters the event wants you to use, or just any character you want.

Because of how DC Legends does things, I've been able to get Poison Ivy to Legendary 2 ranking aka 7-star. Some have been able to get her to Legendary 4 or even 5 ranking (probably Pay-To-Win players). I've also been able to get Siren to Legendary 1 ranking (6-star) along with getting Damian Wayne Robin and Arkkis Chummuck to 5-star (final standard star level).

So as a suggestion, I would like to see Galaxy Of Heroes do something similar for future releases of characters. Make it possible to 6-7 star characters during the event. That would be pretty cool.

By the way, DC Legends DOES still offer optional packs for you to buy to get more shards as an alternative to doing the event. So they are still asking for money to max out a character's star level and NOT just making it seem like all you have to do is just do the event to unlock the character for free.

Actually some characters they put in the store first for a few days to a week. Then when the event comes around, those that spent money for the shard packs will have a head start on the event. They just did it with Killer Frost, although the Killer Frost event lasted 24 hours.

But yeah. I would like to see something similar happen in Galaxy Of Heroes. I have Nihilus on my Sith team, but I can't use my Sith team in raids because he is only 3-stars. And I'm free-to-play. It would be nice to have an event like the Poison Ivy one where I can attempt to get a 7-star Nihilus. DC Legends doesn't do it for EVERY new character either. Usually just the character in the current month's log-in bonuses. Poison Ivy is the log-in character for April.

Replies

• Options
    So go play D.C. Legends then
  • Options
    Since this game is all about mods and gear, I don't see the harm in them doing this.

Yoda/Palpatine/Future big characters can still be unlocked by having to train a specific faction to battle them with, so no interference there. Though with the length of time it takes to farm some characters, I imagine they'd only do this with some of the more useless ones. I can't see them giving out anyone truly useful or meta at seven stars for a week long event.
  • Striker
    198 posts Member
    Options
    seems that TS is a big fan of Poison Ivy...
  • Options
    I would like to see them do more events more like Yoda and Palpatine.

At the moment you get a character at 3 star and even if you buy the pack to get it to 4 star you would still have to spend potentially weeks gearing it up to the point where you can use it so I don't see why they can't make it easier to get 7 star characters or make it easier to gear characters up.

At the moment the new characters rot at the bottom of my roster as I am currently gearing 7 star characters for raids. I level and geared the phoenix rebels minimally to do the event but would not have touched them otherwise.
  • Options
    Think about all the gear we would need!!! Gear events are much more important
  • Options
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    Think about all the gear we would need!!! Gear events are much more important

Or just have them ease up on the gearcrunch - open the floodgates a bit more