We need a taunting clone tank

Prev1
Batman44gaming
1826 posts Member
edited April 2017
And I have an idea

This guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaGXXVtaqr8

His name is commander Thorn, and I have an idea for his kit

Basic:Hold the line: deal physical damage to target enemy with a 50% chance to gain 40% protection up, if he already has protection up, attack again. This deals double damage to Separatists

Special 1:Cover fire: deal special damage to all enemies and gain taunt for 2 turns, if the enemies have buffs, there is a 66% chance to dispel them and inflict buff immunity. If they do not have any buffs, inflict stagger for 2 turns

Unique:Heroic Sacrifice: Whenever Thorn is defeated all clone and Jedi allies gain 10 speed and 50% offense for the rest of the encounter.
BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
Post edited by Batman44gaming on

Replies

• 5's taunts under GK
  • This. This is what we need. Maybe change the name into Commander Wolffe,and add synergy with Plo.
  • I'm liking the red armor. Provides some nice variety with the blue yellow and green of the other clones.
  • Why does a clone have an anti-sith ability? That makes no sense.

And yet Rex is the main counter to sith...
  • Id rather have Gree.

One of the movie clones who isnt in it yet
  • Crazylazyguy
    1786 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Or Wolffe. Wolffe is cool. But yes please for the love of everything, release an actual clone taunter.. And please give the clones a bonus against droids and remove it from the Jawa's, like why is it that the ones who fought in a war against them, don't have any bonuses, but some hooded midgets do?
    Why does a clone have an anti-sith ability? That makes no sense.
    Huh? It doesn't say anything about Sith, it says anti-stealth and not only Sith have this ability..

He wasn't given anti-sith on purpose, it just happened that way. There'**** difference between an a kit that just happens to work against a faction and a kit that says it works against a specific faction. That's like saying they should make Wicket and give him specific anti-rancor ability because Teebo is the king of rancor raid.
  • Just give Fives a taunt. (Without GK)
    Huh? It doesn't say anything about Sith, it says anti-stealth and not only Sith have this ability..
    [/quote]

His hold the line attack does double damage to sith and droids, not sure why maybe I need to read his story line for more info.

• Crazylazyguy
    1786 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Right, I had missed that part of his basic ability, this should be removed but the stealth thing isn't anti sith..
  • Adding taunt to 5s should be enough really. I would like more clones but just a 5s taunt will be good too. His counter and speed down helps somewhat.
  • makagarahum
    131 posts Member
    edited April 2017

He wasn't given anti-sith on purpose, it just happened that way. There'**** difference between an a kit that just happens to work against a faction and a kit that says it works against a specific faction. That's like saying they should make Wicket and give him specific anti-rancor ability because Teebo is the king of rancor raid.

Well when you think about it, it is quite strange that an ewok is king of the rancor raid. That being said, they do need to add a fifth ewok and they do need to add more clones and they do need to add characters with either anti stealth or accuracy leadership.

Also I should have added that you're right that Rex wasn't designed to be anti sith. He has been the counter to just about every meta so far including the current one which just so happens to be sith.
  • I feel like you made his first special just for zaul leaf lol
  • STRIKEBOMB wrote: »
    I feel like you made his first special just for zaul leaf lol

Yup
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me

Because clones were engineered to fight separatists which were primarily droids and Sith
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Batman44gaming
    1826 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Also, does anyone want him to have a special 2 or are 3 abilities enough?
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Waez
    286 posts Member
    EA's guidelines are that you can't release a powerful toon without AT LEAST 3 Uniques, 1 of which needs to also grant a bonus to another (or several) member(s) of your squad.
  • Right, I had missed that part of his basic ability, this should be removed but the stealth thing isn't anti sith..

I classify that as anti-sith, anti-droid. Just like Maul is anti-Jedi with his double damage against them.
  • Right, I had missed that part of his basic ability, this should be removed but the stealth thing isn't anti sith..

I classify that as anti-sith, anti-droid. Just like Maul is anti-Jedi with his double damage against them.

Well Maul's ability specifically says that he deals double damage against Jedi. Removing stealth isn't a faction-specific trait...

Well Maul's ability specifically says that he deals double damage against Jedi. Removing stealth isn't a faction-specific trait...

His basis says it deals double damage to droids and sith.
  • And I have an idea

This guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaGXXVtaqr8

His name is commander Thorn, and I have an idea for his kit

Basic:Hold the line: deal physical damage to target enemy with a 50% chance to gain 40% protection up, if he already has protection up, attack again. This deals double damage to droids and Sith

^
  • Hey how is this anti sith?? I can't figure it out....

Have you watched the clone wars? The prequels?
  • Ben_kenobi
    447 posts Member
    edited April 2017

Have you watched the clone wars? The prequels?

They fought droids

His basis says it deals double damage to droids and sith.

And what didn't you understand from
    Right, I had missed that part of his basic ability, this should be removed but the stealth thing isn't anti sith..

??? I said that this part should be removed from his basic ability...
  • Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    Anti sith makes no sense for clones, if clones are gonna be anything have it be anti separtists and in thorn's case it makes no sence for anti stealth besides trying to just be anti-meta, only thing here that'd make sence for him is the unqiue
  • 5's taunts under GK

I hate this idea. Yeah fives can taunt under a gk lead, but not everyone has a gk and the whole reason to give 5s a taunt is to have to avoid using a gk to make him taunt, and even then he only taunts for one turn when we could give him a rework where he could taunt everytime a clone uses a special. The reason is to avoid having to rely on another faction ( Jedi ) to make a Clone team viable again.

https://swgoh.gg/u/wolffe/

I 7* FOTP without using any energy refreshes, get on my level
  • Edited based on feedback:

Changed Sith and droids to separatists

Changed dispel stealth to 66% chance to dispel buffs
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Clones have bigger issues at hand than a taunter. If u really want 1, throw GK in there in Cody's spot. Cody is only good as lead and Rex lead is far better unless it's for H AAT.

A clone squad, regardless of who leads, will lose to a solo zSavage or a solo zBariss. Nothing they can do about it. Echo needs a faster c/d on his EMP and a daze effect added to it.