Better than Zaul(L) or Rex(L)? Zader(L)

Prev1
I'm on a mature shard. We've run the gamut of meta's, and are currently Rex(L) heavy.

But I run a team that imo is better than both Zaul and Rex. Zader(L), Zid, Zihilus, Zarris, Gk. Zylo can be swapped in for zarris and perform as well.

But this zader comp is not "meta", because it requires 4 Zeta! But, and that's a big but, this zader comp is elite, right up there with Zaul or Rex.
what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?

Replies

• BoxandthefuzzReturns
    273 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I was using a very similar comp as of late. Great on offense, can beat anything but it's easily taken down by Rex or elite Zaul teams cause the AI is just so bad.
  • Options
    I was using a very similar comp as of late. Great on offense, can beat anything but it's easily taken down by Rex or elite Zaul teams cause the AI is just so bad.

What we're you running?
  • LandoCalRichiean
    6 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I run a Rogue One team that doesn't have problems w/ any of the meta teams. zJyn (l), Cassian, K2SO, Baze, Chirrut. The sheer volume of exposes that it puts on zVader/zMaul teams is ridiculous.
  • Options
    Huckleberry, I'm on your shard and it doesn't do well on defense, much like most teams. It's a fun fight though.
  • Options
    I run a Rogue One team that doesn't have problems w/ any of the meta teams. zJyn (l), Cassian, K2SO, Baze, Chirrut. The sheer volume of exposes that it puts on zVader/zMaul teams is ridiculous.

R1 is a secret meta. Unheralded but great.
  • Options
    Zader, Zid, GK, Nihilus (z-unique)/Zylo, Zoba.
  • Options
    Huckleberry, I'm on your shard and it doesn't do well on defense, much like most teams. It's a fun fight though.

Keep in mind, no team wins on defense, not Rex not maul. Just some teams don't drop as far. I'm my experience, this is one that doesn't drop as far. As a matter of fact, my Zaul, Zihilus, Sass, Palps, Gk comp dropped much further.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options

Keep in mind, no team wins on defense, not Rex not maul. Just some teams don't drop as far. I'm my experience, this is one that doesn't drop as far. As a matter of fact, my Zaul, Zihilus, Sass, Palps, Gk comp dropped much further.

I think Zavage would be a better option than Palp on that Zaul squad
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options

I agree. I never fell out of the top 10 with that comp. I'm running the cookie cutter Rex, Chaze, GK, & Nihilus comp now and haven't left top 5 yet. On my shard that one is more effective atm.
  • Options
    Zader, Zid, GK, Nihilus (z-unique)/Zylo, Zoba.

My preference is Zarris in that 5th spot over Zylo or Zoba. With a 205 speed 100k hp pool GK, that pair can take the hits and Jeep everyone else alive. Plus Zarris has that tm gaining cleanse.
  • TheShadow1983
    187 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

For sure, that's why I said like most teams. I run rex lead so obviously I can hang around longer debuffing provided I can be rid of Zader fast enough. Not knocking your team or anything buddy. You've obviously invested heavily into it with 4 zetas, most will shy away when they can just do maul and some other Sith and be in the top 10. I like the out if the box thoughts for sure.
    Nice to finally run into you here though.
  • Options
    tRRRey wrote: »

I think Zavage would be a better option than Palp on that Zaul squad

I ran 'em both (Zavage or palps) and both starting dropping recently.
  • Options

For sure, that's why I said like most teams. I run rex lead so obviously I can hang around longer debuffing provided i can be rid of Zader fast enough. Nice to a finally run into you here though.

Likewise. I've seen you up top recently. Lot's of new faces. ;)
  • Options

I agree. I never fell out of the top 10 with that comp. I'm running the cookie cutter Rex, Chaze, GK, & Nihilus comp now and haven't left top 5 yet. On my shard that one is more effective atm.

Not enough is said about relative strength of shards. Every shard has progressed at their own pace and is in a different position based on collective choices their players have made. As a result, many times what works for one shard may not work for another shard.
  • Options

It's somewhere in the Jedi range for meta - it's definitely not elite on defense. Better than FO / Resistance, but clearly a step down from current elite builds.
  • Options

It's somewhere in the Jedi range for meta - it's definitely not elite on defense. Better than FO / Resistance, but clearly a step down from current elite builds.

On our shard @scuba most times doesn't drop past a refresh. I don't have much experience running R1, but on my shard, I'd say R1 is elite.
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

On our shard @scuba most times doesn't drop past a refresh. I don't have much experience running R1, but on my shard, I'd say R1 is elite.

Hmm...we've had a guy that has had it all 7* g11 for some time now and a month or so ago he was testing it and it got put in the 20s+ pretty regularly after a few days of testing. Still puts it out from time to time and similar result. He has equal to better mods than the majority of the shard (actually maybe the best on the shard). Definitely was a step below Sith / Rex cleanse. My Sith comp at the time had no problems with it and at that time my Sith build couldn't reliably beat 3x cleanse. I wasn't too impressed and filed it away as a squad that was good on O, but maybe too complex for the AI to run appropriately.

EDIT: I will say though, we've always had a tough LB - and actually right now I don't think there's ANY build that is immune to getting put in the high teens / low 20s from time to time. Sith and Rex seem to keep you on average around #13-15 rank roughly, but none of us on the LB have seen any comp that will more often than not hold in the top 10 and top 5 is a joke - just doesn't happen.
  • Options
    I love zader I also run him against the current meta here's a few vids

https://youtu.be/l-Lw2sMXKt0

https://youtu.be/NZDD5z5Qvt4
  • Options

Hmm...we've had a guy that has had it all 7* g11 for some time now and a month or so ago he was testing it and it got put in the 20s+ pretty regularly after a few days of testing. Still puts it out from time to time and similar result. He has equal to better mods than the majority of the shard (actually maybe the best on the shard). Definitely was a step below Sith / Rex cleanse. My Sith comp at the time had no problems with it and at that time my Sith build couldn't reliably beat 3x cleanse. I wasn't too impressed and filed it away as a squad that was good on O, but maybe too complex for the AI to run appropriately.

@scuba is running Jyn(L), K2SO, Baze, Cassian, Chirrut.

Now there is 1 major caveat, scuba is very respected as a gamer. People may just avoid him because they like him. There's something to be said about being charming.
  • Options

Now there is 1 major caveat, scuba is very respected as a gamer. People may just avoid him because they like him. There's something to be said about being charming.

yeah that was the comp - I just checked and he does have Jyn with the zeta leader - so it's legit. K2SO isn't zeta'd however. Not sure if that's the dealbreaker or not?
  • Options
    SirLoki wrote: »
    I love zader I also run him against the current meta here's a few vids

https://youtu.be/l-Lw2sMXKt0

https://youtu.be/NZDD5z5Qvt4

Thanks for sharing. May I ask (since the real test of viability is def) how far does that Zader comp drop?
  • Options

yeah that was the comp - I just checked and he does have Jyn with the zeta leader - so it's legit. K2SO isn't zeta'd however. Not sure if that's the dealbreaker or not?

Scuba's is not zeta'd.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options

On our shard scuba most times doesn't drop past a refresh. I don't have much experience running R1, but on my shard, I'd say R1 is elite.

EDIT: I will say though, we've always had a tough LB - and actually right now I don't think there's ANY build that is immune to getting put in the high teens / low 20s from time to time. Sith and Rex seem to keep you on average around #13-15 rank roughly, but none of us on the LB have seen any comp that will more often than not hold in the top 10 and top 5 is a joke - just doesn't happen.

Yeah we have lots of movement on ours. But even low 20's you can get back into top 5 with out a refresh. I have been running R1 for what feels like forever, probably only 3 months. Definitely fun. Looking for something new. K2 is probably the most annoying to others on defense luckily there is Nihilus around to get rid of him and his essentially permanent taunt.
  • SirLoki
    73 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

Thanks for sharing. May I ask (since the real test of viability is def) how far does that Zader comp drop?

I don't drop past 5 overnight if that , works well against zaul, rex, zader , R1 etc...... the team sometimes that beats me on defense is a super fast Jedi team with zqgj and zyoda . If their yoda gets tenacity up it slows everyone down if zader and TFP can't land debuffs
  • Options

I don't drop past 5 overnight if that , works well against zaul, rex, zader , R1 etc...... the team sometimes that beats me on defense is a super fast Jedi team with zqgj and zyoda . If their yoda gets tenacity up it slows everyone down if zader and TFP can't land debuffs

I would say your shard isn't hyper-competitive. Nothing wrong with that. The results are still great. How many zauls (L) and cookie cutter rex(L) comps are there on your shard?
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »

On our shard scuba most times doesn't drop past a refresh. I don't have much experience running R1, but on my shard, I'd say R1 is elite.

Yeah we have lots of movement on ours. But even low 20's you can get back into top 5 with out a refresh. I have been running R1 for what feels like forever, probably only 3 months. Definitely fun. Looking for something new. K2 is probably the most annoying to others on defense luckily there is Nihilus around to get rid of him and his essentially permanent taunt.

Sweet - 3 months. Nice run. Yeah I think if a build keeps you in the low 20s or so that should be considered "elite" - even if you need 1 50 crystal refresh and can still take #1 as a result that's still a very good team to have. So yeah R1 probably deserves to be in that upper tier / elite bracket.

If DN wasn't around I think there would be a handful of nearly unbeatable combinations with all the taunt spam and crazy heal mechanics. It's actually a bit worrisome to me long-term as what happens if / when running DN isn't a viable option? Draws could come back pretty hard.
  • Options

I would say your shard isn't hyper-competitive. Nothing wrong with that. The results are still great. How many zauls (L) and cookie cutter rex(L) comps are there on your shard?

I can assure you it is . My top 20 is zaul and rex with a few R1, FO, zader. December 2015 shard so everyone has been battling each other daily and everyone has big rosters
  • Options
    I'm also on this shard and I run a full FO team. While a full FO team has their issues with AI on defence, it can definitely beat any team on offence, sone more RNG reliant than others. We have 2 main Vader lead teams and the one with Barris is definitely more difficult to deal with than replacing her with kylo, for me anyway. She makes me have to rely on kylo's healing immunity sticking long enough to drop her. I avoid huckleberry's team when possible. However, Rex teams and R1 teams are no problem for me.
    It's kind of funny because the rex teams have pushed the majority of maul team to the bottom 50 so I can stay longer in the top 25 than I can in the bottom 50.
  • Options

I can assure you it is . My top 20 is zaul and rex with a few R1, FO, zader. December 2015 shard so everyone has been battling each other daily and everyone has big rosters

Ah. I was mistaken. Interesting. Competition has good mods too? (my take is Dec '15 shard that the top all have good mods).
  • Options
    I'm also on this shard and I run a full FO team. While a full FO team has their issues with AI on defence, it can definitely beat any team on offence, sone more RNG reliant than others. We have 2 main Vader lead teams and the one with Barris is definitely more difficult to deal with than replacing her with kylo, for me anyway. She makes me have to rely on kylo's healing immunity sticking long enough to drop her. I avoid huckleberry's team when possible. However, Rex teams and R1 teams are no problem for me.
    It's kind of funny because the rex teams have pushed the majority of maul team to the bottom 50 so I can stay longer in the top 25 than I can in the bottom 50.

Syth! Pleasure to make your acquaintance. Glad to see you running all FO. Nice to see some variety.