First order farming... worth the long haul?

Hey all, I just saw a full zeta first order team and wow... I just wondered if any of you guys thought that farming FOST or FOTFP is really worth such a long grind? I'm currently farming clone sergeant on his hard nodes and it's soooo frustrating. I can't imagine taking on two more toons to farm through hard nodes. Check my roster and let me know what you think. I'll also take any other comments or tips. All 6* toons are already being worked up to 7*. Gearing my rebel team for AAT p4, working on a palpaTIE team for p3, and will gives zetas to Kylo and Vader for p1 and p2 once I get the zeta mats.

https://swgoh.gg/u/andy0918/

Replies

• Options
    Yeah they're worth it...as fun toons to use here and there in GW or something else. zFOST has some arena viability with the right setup. The rest do not. I farmed both FOST and FOTP the long way. The sooner you get started, the sooner you have them! ;-)
  • Options
    They are def fun, only problem I c with them is what characters may come along when the movie comes out
  • Options
    There's a FO team with a payout an hour before mine. I usually have to knock him out of first. Sometimes it takes two tries. But I think that's good enough proof to say it's a pretty viable team and does well on offense.
  • Options
    Yup what those guys said. Also tLJ comes out this year, I'm expecting a FO meta, they are rough customers with a tiny roster.
  • ABNRAS
    564 posts Member
    Options
    They are a pretty cool team, and I hear they are very good on offense, but seem to be very bad on defense in arena.
  • Options
    I've been trying to figure out what works, my current team is zphasma, kylo, FOTP (6 stars), FOO, and a boba or Vader.. ideally I'd maybe like a shore trooper or something along those lines.. still getting FOST to 6 stars.. if you can get FOO to max speed somehow and use marching orders and get all the other speed up with turn meter.. then if phasma is 2nd to last or so and use victory march.. you are looking at at some characters falling.. I find that they usually take out my FOTP first.. the guy is devastating if he's alive. Phasma zeta also gives advantage and anti crit if they have advantage at the start of the match, but TP still has trouble staying alive.. if kylo is around on a 2v3 say goodbye to the rest of the enemies.. also fighting zeta Vader is fun with kylo.. lol.. if empire TP doesn't mess you up first with his anti buff crap.. either way it's fun
  • Geb111
    10 posts Member
    Options
    They are definitely fun. They also completely suck as a viable arena team. Even with all 4 zeta. NOT a meta by any stretch. Really really dropped the ball on this team. To bad because they are fun to play. If your looking to play them as a fun GW team then farm them casually. Otherwise don't waste your resources
  • Options
    I
    Geb111 wrote: »
    They are definitely fun. They also completely suck as a viable arena team. Even with all 4 zeta. NOT a meta by any stretch. Really really dropped the ball on this team. To bad because they are fun to play. If your looking to play them as a fun GW team then farm them casually. Otherwise don't waste your resources

I have to respectfully disagree. They may not be meta, but they are certainly viable against meta teams. It's true that they lack a bit on defense, but they can out dps Zaul and Rex squads.

I do admit that the triple cleanse squad (Rex, GK,Chaze, Nihls) is a difficult one to beat, but if you're not on a super old shard, it's not much of a problem. I take 1st or 2nd in my shard full of Zaul, Rex and Rogue One squads, and don't even have all the Zeta's.

I have to say, it seems like the hyperbole in this forum gets a bit out of hand at times.
    No one can beat Chaze!
    Zaul can destroy any team!
    First Order is never viable!

It's not always so black and white lol.