Mod farming is probably the worst part of the game! =0

Prev13
Tamonizer
325 posts Member
edited April 2017
I've been farming mods ever since it was rolled out. I can even say I farm more mods than characters since it began. I even acquired the 500 mods achievement early this year. But this part of the game is so bad!

1. The drop rate is horrendous. Lucky to have a 1/4 streak but there are times when I get 0/10 and be given a 1/3 drop rate. And thats not the only level of dilution for the good mods.
2. Why are we given 3*-4* mods in a 5* challenge? Nothing ruins my game day more than finally getting a speed arrow but it's 3*.
3. What's the use of "accuracy" and "critical avoidance" when there's a consensus that speed is king?! There's no strategic significance in these mods except to dilute the drop rates of speed primary arrows. After farming for months, I only have 5* speed arrow primary for more or less 10-15 characters.
4. Despite the long farm, I only have decent set for my arena team. I have a two +20 speed secondaries but otherwise unremarkable drop rates. In fact this morning, I have to sell some 100 useless stuff!

I'm seriously tired of this part of the game. LOL Switching mods from character to another during raids is also so tedious. Im hoping that theyd give us an update even on just mod switching mechanics.

Do you have any tips on how to make life "better" mod farming wise?
Post edited by Mageduckey on

Replies

• It's a game based on making profit so while people still pay crystals for gear then gear grind will be there.

Crit avoidance is pretty useful on tanks. I have yet to find a used for accuracy. A rework may be in order to beat dodging though.

And other definitely socks when you get those 3 star mods in the challenges!
  • wait how do we sell mods again? i wanna sell all my useless 5dot square mod thingies, i have more than 100 of those, i am not kidding becuz thats all i get from mod challenges
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Tamonizer wrote: »
    I have a two +20 speed secondaries

You have been lucky I see. I have farmed far more than 1k mods probably closer to 2k and have yet to get one SINGLE +20 speed secondary

Sure I have a ton of decent to good mods but the 20+ unicorns have still dodged me and I'm still not complaining
  • People are still farming mods? I thought we were all agreed now just to buy them in the mod shop.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Parableman wrote: »
    People are still farming mods? I thought we were all agreed now just to buy them in the mod shop.
    Hope dies last, you know.
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • agent_okky wrote: »
    wait how do we sell mods again? i wanna sell all my useless 5dot square mod thingies, i have more than 100 of those, i am not kidding becuz thats all i get from mod challenges

I SOLD 100 because I got tired looking at them!! And these only covers the square and diamond 5* uselessness.

We need a Mod Farming Anonymous support group!!! It's psychologically draining =0
  • I've been farming CD mods for the past week, but get nothing but circles. It's killing me, but I can't stop.

The next one will be great.

The next one will be great.

The next one will be great...
  • WR4TH0R
    170 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Heroes_2017-04-24-12-27-22.png

Mod farming hurts most
    Post edited by Mageduckey on
  • +1 Mods really are a big pain
    +2 GW is worse (Both Boring and time consuming)

Recently started an alt account (Went full clones, so much fun), but the idea of farming Mods all over again makes me want to vomit!

• Tamonizer
    325 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    WR4TH0R wrote: »
    Heroes_2017-04-24-12-27-22.png

Mod farming hurts most

+1

I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL MAN. . I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL.

That 3* is an extra crispy slap to the face!!
  • You sound pretty lucky, with 2 20 speed mods. I've just hit the 1000 mod point and my max speed is 14. I've spent over three weeks (not counting a hiatus for the double drop event) and 2 refreshes a day mod farming, and have pulled exactly 0 speed secondary mods. It is the most infuriating part of the game, to spend so much time on to get absolutely no progress out of. All of the mods I have bought from the store have never upgraded the speed, so I'm left with a 4 million credit mod with a 3 speed secondary. My rants over.
  • 14 speed is my highest secondary. Seems that drop rates always have been pathetic and now are even worsening. We need better drop rates for some 5 dot a,b,and c.,
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    Tamonizer wrote: »
    4. Despite the long farm, I only have decent set for my arena team. I have a two +20 speed secondaries but otherwise unremarkable drop rates.

Mentioning this will garner you little support.

• I have an 18, several 15 and 14 ... and a bunch between 10-13. Never have I gotten a 20+
  • jpi5k
    15 posts Member
    Last 3 mods I bought from the mod shop had speed secondaries that did not level up... pain...
  • Pxwer
    100 posts Member
    Totally agree, this is really the worst part of the game and devs really need to change that
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Pxwer wrote: »
    Totally agree, this is really the worst part of the game and devs will never change that

Fixed that for you. I'm really happy with much of the work done on the game. I'm looking forward to more faction passes. And the character release cadence is very fair to all except for the lone hard node toons, and even that I understand. But I will NEVER stop being salty about the cantina energy garbage disposal that is mod farming.

33% drop rate on mods, most of which are worthless greys, no way to target a specific shape, no way to farm for a specific primary, and just as likely to get 3-4 dot mod as 5 dots. Then there are extra layers of IF you get a specific secondary and IF it will even roll once if you do get that 1 in 10,000 chance of even getting a good drop to begin with.

There are some annoying RNG aspects to this game. We've all had bad days gear farming, but there is no other farming category where I've spent 2 straight weeks (5,670 cantina energy costing 2,800 crystals), and had NOTHING useful to show for it.

Either eliminating grey mods from the mod challenges, or getting only 3 dot from tier 1, 4 dot from tier 2, and 5 dot from tier 3 would be tolerable. I'd still be mad it costs cantina energy, but it would actually be a worthwhile use of it occasionally. As it is mod farming from challenges is pouring cantina energy into a black hole.
  • Lol 500 mods you need to be wayyyyy past 1k mods it's just a probability game and it adds the final layer to the game meaning if I get lucky and get good mods and we have the same characters my good mods make my characters better than yours. It's not a perfect system but what is ?
  • JacenRoe wrote: »
    Pxwer wrote: »
    Totally agree, this is really the worst part of the game and devs will never change that

Fixed that for you. I'm really happy with much of the work done on the game. I'm looking forward to more faction passes. And the character release cadence is very fair to all except for the lone hard node toons, and even that I understand. But I will NEVER stop being salty about the cantina energy garbage disposal that is mod farming.

33% drop rate on mods, most of which are worthless greys, no way to target a specific shape, no way to farm for a specific primary, and just as likely to get 3-4 dot mod as 5 dots. Then there are extra layers of IF you get a specific secondary and IF it will even roll once if you do get that 1 in 10,000 chance of even getting a good drop to begin with.

There are some annoying RNG aspects to this game. We've all had bad days gear farming, but there is no other farming category where I've spent 2 straight weeks (5,670 cantina energy costing 2,800 crystals), and had NOTHING useful to show for it.

Either eliminating grey mods from the mod challenges, or getting only 3 dot from tier 1, 4 dot from tier 2, and 5 dot from tier 3 would be tolerable. I'd still be mad it costs cantina energy, but it would actually be a worthwhile use of it occasionally. As it is mod farming from challenges is pouring cantina energy into a black hole.

Well said.

• Twin
    527 posts Member
    Multi-upgrades (or at least more than twice) basically created this problem.

If mods would only hit each spot once (twice if level 1 green, blue, purple, gold), then most of these issues would have gone away.

Mod Store is most likely a huge crystal sink/$$$ maker. I know I have been a fool and spent crystals a few times in there.
  • They will never change it because how else do you think impatient kraken/whale players get what they need quickly to stay competitive in arena? The good ol' mod shop ... where you refresh incessantly, sometimes until the daily limit is reached, just to find that one good mod that you pray will upgrade with a decent speed secondary ...

If only I can compile the voices of those who shell out tons of crystals or credits with a promising mod with the initial 4 or 5 speed secondary ... only to see it bump up by a whopping 0% when you max out the upgrade

giphy.gif
  • Tamonizer wrote: »
    I've been farming mods ever since it was rolled out. I can even say I farm more mods than characters since it began. I even acquired the 500 mods achievement early this year. But this part of the game is so bad!

1. The drop rate is horrendous. Lucky to have a 1/4 streak but there are times when I get 0/10 and be given a 1/3 drop rate. And thats not the only level of dilution for the good mods.
    2. Why are we given 3*-4* mods in a 5* challenge? Nothing ruins my game day more than finally getting a speed arrow but it's 3*.
    3. What's the use of "accuracy" and "critical avoidance" when there's a consensus that speed is king?! There's no strategic significance in these mods except to dilute the drop rates of speed primary arrows. After farming for months, I only have 5* speed arrow primary for more or less 10-15 characters.
    4. Despite the long farm, I only have decent set for my arena team. I have a two +20 speed secondaries but otherwise unremarkable drop rates. In fact this morning, I have to sell some 100 useless stuff!

I'm seriously tired of this part of the game. LOL Switching mods from character to another during raids is also so tedious. Im hoping that theyd give us an update even on just mod switching mechanics.

Do you have any tips on how to make life "better" mod farming wise?

If you have 2 +20 then you have nothing to complain about, that's the highest second I've even encountered... and you have 2... so I'm assuming you've got a handful of +15 as well and a bunch of +10... those +20s should be exactly as hard to get as they currently are...
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    how, about, this

HRSpbkh.jpg
    you get the perf gold mod and not once does speed go up
  • djvita wrote: »
    how, about, this

HRSpbkh.jpg

Happened to me so many times, I wanted to cry
  • no idea how many I farmed, but it has to be over 2500 (probably more)
    (I farmed max 6 toons since mods came out, and at least 2 x 100 refreshe every single day... do the math)

I do not have anything over +16

so you're actually lucky

but I do have have a lot of +9-10 mods... so I can stick them on a lot of toons and I never switch mods for raids
  • Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    Difficult to get out of it now. I think mods shouldn't give the amounts of speed they give. Maybe half would be acceptable, but it's not really possible to turn back the clock now. Only way to fix it is to increase speed a lot in the next 5 levels so that the relative impact of the mods is smaller.
  • djvita wrote: »
    how, about, this

HRSpbkh.jpg

Level to 12 instead of 15?
  • Holshum wrote: »
    You sound pretty lucky, with 2 20 speed mods. I've just hit the 1000 mod point and my max speed is 14. I've spent over three weeks (not counting a hiatus for the double drop event) and 2 refreshes a day mod farming, and have pulled exactly 0 speed secondary mods. It is the most infuriating part of the game, to spend so much time on to get absolutely no progress out of. All of the mods I have bought from the store have never upgraded the speed, so I'm left with a 4 million, credit mod with a 3 speed secondary. My rants over.

Yours sounds like my story. It's very frustrating in Arena where everyone has way more speed than me and I can hardly compete. All because I lack speed and get wasted (or it's more or less over) before I take a turn, quite often...lol. It's not for lack of trying or spending, either. I do it all and even on the rare occasions I get a speed secondary, it rarely bumps. One recent weekend, I spent approx. 6m on two mods from shipments and not a single speed bump on either.

I have a couple of 15s..some 8's and 9's, but at least 66% of my mods with speed secondaries are 5 or less.

As soon as I finish farming B2 (74/100) it's back onto the soul-crushing mod farming...

• Coot
    18 posts Member
    Just a healthy reminder that if you're in a July or older arena, most of the big players in your shard farmed ALOT of their mods in the 3 days challenges gave 100% 5* drop rates each sim. Damaged the game that probably still hasn't recovered from.
  • Gavsta
    201 posts Member
    I've found farming mods gets a better drop rate to do 2 sims, then 3, then 2, then 3... rather than doing 10sims ar once. It gives the RNG a chance to be friendly. Or even 3, then 4, then 3 sims.