What is the best squad to build arround DN lead?

I want to build a squad arround DN lead to get to top 10. My shard has 4 months, and I'm level 78.

This is my current status: https://swgoh.gg/u/serithlekit/

I don't have maul or savage.

I plan getting EP 6 stars in a month.

Replies

• JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    Imho, Nihilus lead, Sith Trooper, Sith Assassin, Dooku, Zavage is the best use of a Nihilus lead.
  • Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    Imho, Nihilus lead, Sith Trooper, Sith Assassin, Dooku, Zavage is the best use of a Nihilus lead.

How could I get ride of that Sith assassin ( I can't farm it). How many stars does it need?
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    Most of the new toons coming out now are legit in arena at gear 11 regardless of stars, especially Sith Assassin under Nihilus lead with all her protection becoming health. We got her 3* for free. A couple of shipments purchased for crystals will easily get her to 4* if you like.
  • Options
    I use a DN L with Darth Vader, Darth Sidous, Sith trooper, and boba fett. Ill also sub out Sith Trooper with Kylo Ren. The basic strategy with Sith Trooper is that you get his taunt and retribution up, then let him die. save his AoE to get some health back. All the other toons focus on getting debuffs so that vader and fett can OHKO. Not exactly meta, but it works for me.
  • Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    Options
    Lemme bring in a nihlus expert to give his thoughts @SirLoki

I am in love with nihlus lead personally, however it is a difficult squad to pull off unless you have a dynamic tank (baze Sith trooper GK) and some cleanse (savage GK chirrut) my personal favorite setup is nihlus (double zetad) dooku palp savage GK.

https://swgoh.gg/u/jadrianlittle/
    It works extremely well for me, I can fully auto every team in the top, and don't really drop out of the top 10 overnight. Best of luck to you
  • Options
    DN, Sith Assassin, Sith Trooper, Dooku, EP/Savage

That's a solid core. Obvious a ZDN lead and Zavage are ideal but the above will hold you well
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Dooku is a must, because he will never die
    Savage is a must unless you want to use a different cleanser.
    SA is needed unless you have a tonne of speed mods.
    Last one is your personal strategy/available toon spot. I personally like gk, cleanse and retribution for the whole team and he will tanut, this also let's you sub or leave in savage at your discretion.

Vader, ep, maul are all solid subs.
  • Options
    One without dn as a lead
  • Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    Options
    Darknessie wrote: »
    One without dn as a lead

Nah man DN lead can be a dominant force.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Most of the new toons coming out now are legit in arena at gear 11 regardless of stars, especially Sith Assassin under Nihilus lead with all her protection becoming health. We got her 3* for free. A couple of shipments purchased for crystals will easily get her to 4* if you like.

He's level 78, don't think g11 is immediately available to him at this point. Also if he's level 78 Savage won't be very useful, without his Zeta he can't cleanse himself which means if he's shocked or dazed he's next to useless because he won't gain TM and will only slowly cleanse.

Your squad has good synergy, I think the main thing holding you back is your mods. You have very few 5dot mods, and very low speeds on them. The faster you can get your team the better, and 5 dot mods will be far more effective than 3 dot mods. Also, try and make sure everyone in your arena team (except maybe Sith Trooper) has +30 speed arrow mods, I know DN lead converts protection to health so putting protection mods there might be tempting, but you need the speed more.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Options
    Ewoks.
  • Options
    Nihilus(L), Dooku, Anakin, Royal Guard +1 other Sith could be interesting. Not a top tier team by any means but at lower levels it could be very annoying. Sith ally drops below 50%, RG taunts and Ani strikes. That Sith will then gain health putting him back in the green for it to happen again.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    Vertigo wrote: »

He's level 78, don't think g11 is immediately available to him at this point. Also if he's level 78 Savage won't be very useful, without his Zeta he can't cleanse himself which means if he's shocked or dazed he's next to useless because he won't gain TM and will only slowly cleanse.

Your squad has good synergy, I think the main thing holding you back is your mods. You have very few 5dot mods, and very low speeds on them. The faster you can get your team the better, and 5 dot mods will be far more effective than 3 dot mods. Also, try and make sure everyone in your arena team (except maybe Sith Trooper) has +30 speed arrow mods, I know DN lead converts protection to health so putting protection mods there might be tempting, but you need the speed more.

Besides not haven gear 11, being level 78 also means probably not facing too many gear 11s. 3-4* Sith Assassin is still good. She gives that TM boost to overcome the crippling lack of speed a DN Sith team will have vs other faster squads.

I do agree with you that the lack of a Zeta on Savage does reduce his usefulness. He's the main one to consider subbing at that level. However he's still going to cleanse teammates, and he's fun to use to take out opponents when SA drops them below half health without touching their protection. And he'll still be a pain to deal with considering his enormous health pool, and TM gains against anyone who doesn't have shock or daze. He's going to face far less opponents who can do that at that level.
  • Fredelig
    33 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    DN, Dooku, Ep, Zylo, Sht
    Member of The ALLIΔNCE DeltΔcorns
  • SirLoki
    73 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Thanks bro @mazurka

I just uploaded a new video of nihilus lead versus the meta report squad . It was at a request of some of the viewers

You could sub EP in for Zoba but definitely gotta run dooku behind nihilus . Zavage would be your cleanser for both dooku and nihilus to keep them clean . I like the idea of having 3 characters with a chance to instakill. The video would give you something to build for long term plus if the meta changes DN and Zoba would easily fit into the next hybrid arena team.

https://youtu.be/j4kod9MOzrs
  • Moshi
    23 posts Member
    Options
    I use DN, Sith Trooper, Savage, General Kenobi, Emperor Palpatine. DN and Sith Trooper are at 5 star and everyone else is 7 star (all g11) with the team fully zeta'd where applicable. It is able to beat zaul and rex teams very, very consistently. I know GK is likely not accessible (though well worth it if you have him), so i'd put either B2, Dooku, or Kylo/Boba in his place. Palpatine is the weakest link in the team due to being squishy. DN leadership and Savage are most important to zeta. Dooku's zeta loses a lot of value under DN lead because he doesn't gain protection on counters.
  • Options
    Vertigo wrote: »

Thank you for considering my level. Indeed I don't have g11, I don't have savage although I could farm him in 1,5 months.

Right now my strategy is to get EP 6* in 20 days. I can also get SA to 4*. This would be the short term strategy.

DN, Dooku, EP, Sith trooper, SA.

Would that work short term?

Maybe long term, swicht EP for Savage?

I will also focus on gear and mods for my arena team, once I get EP.

Does this sound good? ^^
  • Options
    I would keep a close eye with what goes on in the mature servers in the top 20 - this will tell you eventually where your own server is likely headed. As of now, I'd tell you a great setup to have for DN is Savage, Trooper, SA, and Dooku. Reason being is that Rex leaders with GK are very popular in the top 10/20 and that team counters them at a very hard rate and holds pretty well on defense. And that team can work well (75-80%+) even without a zeta on Savage, though it's more effective with it obviously. Dooku under DN can go 1 on 3 and get you a win - he's a stud.

I say though keep an eye on what's going on with mature shards because we are likely getting an Imperial rework of some kind in the near future that may shift the leaderboards a good deal. DN leads are really vulnerable to zDV leaders and if DV comes back strong as a leader with those Imperial reworks your DN-led Sith will be in a very bad position to defend.
  • Josh_K
    1150 posts Member
    Options
    With any DN team, having one which will boost him to annihilate as fast as possible, while protecting him at the same time will have the better outcome. Enemy DN's cannot annihilate through taunt so that is the main defense against another DN. 2 taunts work the best. 3 and you lose too much damage.

https://youtu.be/g-uUDVM0QPQ

Rex and GK work really well together. Tenacity up allows retribution on your guys as much as possible which means DN can reduce his cooldowns via counters or GK's assist. Sith trooper is already so tanky that with crit immunity you can afford to offensively mod him. He does a lot of damage straight to health with retribution going which is very satisfying.
  • Options
    Josh_K wrote: »
    With any DN team, having one which will boost him to annihilate as fast as possible, while protecting him at the same time will have the better outcome. Enemy DN's cannot annihilate through taunt so that is the main defense against another DN. 2 taunts work the best. 3 and you lose too much damage.

Rex and GK work really well together. Tenacity up allows retribution on your guys as much as possible which means DN can reduce his cooldowns via counters or GK's assist. Sith trooper is already so tanky that with crit immunity you can afford to offensively mod him. He does a lot of damage straight to health with retribution going which is very satisfying.

GK + Trooper taunt spam is great. What would you recommend though assuming no GK? The OP is lvl 78 and playing just 4 months - GK is probably not in the cards anytime soon as an option.

What looks awesome in that video though is you have Trooper's speed modded to be > DN, setting up DN for a 5 CD pull with all the enemy having debuffs on them. Did you put a lot of speed on Trooper or nerf DN to get the order right?
  • Josh_K
    1150 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Josh_K wrote: »

GK + Trooper taunt spam is great. What would you recommend though assuming no GK? The OP is lvl 78 and playing just 4 months - GK is probably not in the cards anytime soon as an option.

What looks awesome in that video though is you have Trooper's speed modded to be > DN, setting up DN for a 5 CD pull with all the enemy having debuffs on them. Did you put a lot of speed on Trooper or nerf DN to get the order right?

Trooper has a lot of speed and offense primaries there. Hes in the 200+ range. Makes it more of a sure thing but even if DN goes after SA it still performs really well.

Without GK your other option is FOST. FOST is great especially with a zeta. He calls assists on counter, has a limited dispel capability, cleanses on taunt and also boosts team TM. He also provides team defense up which will jump start ST's taunt cycle and provide ammo for SA. He is also not a jedi which works very well vs Maul.
  • Options
    What do y'all think of DN lead, chaze, dooku, and Savage?