Can we please get transparency on characters moved to one hard node?

Aero
2972 posts Member
I don't necessarily mind if the intention is to permanently make these characters hard to get with only one hard node, or if they intend to eventually move them to other locations.

Even if no decision has been made, it would be nice to know that too.

Transparency in the character release cadence has been great, adding onto it with this would be nice to help make a more informed decision to collect shards from normal crystal shipments.

Replies

• crzydroid
    7286 posts Moderator
    Poor Hoth Rebel Soldier. He'll be stuck on one hard node forever. He's just too OP.
  • Never going to happen. I doubt they determine the location that far out. There are probably a number of metrics used to determine character shard location. Purchases via crystals is likely one of them. Subtle changes like shard location can have a huge impact on the game. If Baze was an easier farm, he would likely be in every single Arena team. That would not be good for the game.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    D4RTHBRAKE wrote: »
    Never going to happen. I doubt they determine the location that far out. There are probably a number of metrics used to determine character shard location. Purchases via crystals is likely one of them. Subtle changes like shard location can have a huge impact on the game. If Baze was an easier farm, he would likely be in every single Arena team. That would not be good for the game.

Not necessarily. I never asked exactly where they will go either, just whether they plan to add them to more locations or not. And again, even if they don't know that'd be nice to hear.

The release cadence is also something people said they'd never tell us, but they did. Also I'm sure you know, balance by obtainability isn't really balance.
  • They won't tell us because it would limit purchases from shipments. If you know a character is going to be a single hard node farm, you likely will continue to purchase them from shipments. But if you knew it would end up on an easy location like GW shipments, you'd likely wait for that release instead of buying the shards.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    They won't tell us because it would limit purchases from shipments. If you know a character is going to be a single hard node farm, you likely will continue to purchase them from shipments. But if you knew it would end up on an easy location like GW shipments, you'd likely wait for that release instead of buying the shards.

Same logic could be applied to not telling us when characters will be farmable after they release, but they do.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Aero wrote: »
    Never going to happen. I doubt they determine the location that far out. There are probably a number of metrics used to determine character shard location. Purchases via crystals is likely one of them. Subtle changes like shard location can have a huge impact on the game. If Baze was an easier farm, he would likely be in every single Arena team. That would not be good for the game.

Not necessarily. I never asked exactly where they will go either, just whether they plan to add them to more locations or not. And again, even if they don't know that'd be nice to hear.

The release cadence is also something people said they'd never tell us, but they did. Also I'm sure you know, balance by obtainability isn't really balance.

They have never moved a toon from a node to somewhere else. I am 99% sure they have not added a node to a toon who already had one.

This may not be enough evidence for you but it's been pretty straightforward so far.

Another reason they wouldn't do this is if they released this information is because informed decisions are against the better interest of the current model for this game. They don't want people weighing the option of 2 nodes or a cantina node against buying the packs.

If thy released this information after the packs people would complain they wouldn't have bought it if they had know x information before.

It's a lose lose for them.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member

Unless you run Baze at 3* G11...
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Kyno wrote: »

They have never moved a toon from a node to somewhere else. I am 99% sure they have not added a node to a toon who already had one.

This may not be enough evidence for you but it's been pretty straightforward so far.

Another reason they wouldn't do this is if they released this information is because informed decisions are against the better interest of the current model for this game. They don't want people weighing the option of 2 nodes or a cantina node against buying the packs.

If thy released this information after the packs people would complain they wouldn't have bought it if they had know x information before.

That's not even true. Royal Guard for example was hard node only and then was moved to a cantina node. Same with Count Dooku and Anakin. Rey and Resistance Trooper were hard node only and got moved to guild shop. First Order Stormtrooper and Ewok Scout were given an extra hard node. There's a lot of examples.

I already countered the "informed decision" argument. If they didn't want us making informed decisions they would have never given us the character release cadence info.
  • Hamnier
    162 posts Member
    edited April 2017

A few characters are given new nodes when the new levels in light/dark/cantina are added. The Ewok Scout for example has shards available in LS 1-A, DS 8-D, and DS 9-A.

Everything else I agree with though. I don't forsee them ever moving existing spots, nor telling us when or where they will be placing who for farming untill they do it (roughly).
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

That's not even true. Royal Guard for example was hard node only and then was moved to a cantina node. Same with Count Dooku and Anakin. Rey and Resistance Trooper were hard node only and got moved to guild shop. First Order Stormtrooper and Ewok Scout were given an extra hard node. There's a lot of examples.

I already countered the "informed decision" argument. If they didn't want us making informed decisions they would have never given us the character release cadence info.

All of the toons you are talking about were given nodes when the tables were expanded, not just given new nodes.

Yes moved to guild store but again that is the guild store was expanding, but I never said they didn't move toons to stores just that they didn't get new nodes, when the node already exists.

The release cadence is one of the most vague outlines of a plan they could have given. That doesn't create an informed decision, it's creates the void of knowing you will not get the toon if you don't get it now.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member

All of the toons you are talking about were given nodes when the tables were expanded, not just given new nodes.

Yes moved to guild store but again that is the guild store was expanding, but I never said they didn't move toons to stores just that they didn't get new nodes, when the node already exists.

The release cadence is one of the most vague outlines of a plan they could have given. That doesn't create an informed decision, it's creates the void of knowing you will not get the toon if you don't get it now.

Some I mentioned were added well after stage 7 cantina was added, so I could see maybe being added to the stage 8 expansion which is still mostly empty.

Vague is all I'm asking for.
  • Not sure how much more transparency you need. You have precedent to help you out. How often are hard node toons added to other locations? That's your transparency right there.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Veritasum wrote: »
    Not sure how much more transparency you need. You have precedent to help you out. How often are hard node toons added to other locations? That's your transparency right there.
    We've never actually had characters released to hard nodes before. Aside from The Force Awakens characters which were about week 2 of the game, all the hard node characters are original launch characters. That's not really much of a precedent for new characters released there, though I see your point.