Which is money best spent for me?

Looking for some general advice here for what I have thus far as to which of the ships packs released will get me the farthest overall.

https://swgoh.gg/u/mayaddy622/collection/

Now I just got boba to seven stars this morning, and I do have 12/80 farmed on slave 1 from ship store. So I'm definately not seeing that pack as worthy. The question is really whether I should go with the Kylo or cassian pack.

I currently run a top 100 team of rebels/scoundrels in arena: lando, biggs, boba, st han, ackbar. I comfortably stay in top 100 but challenging for top 50 is much harder. Everyone is loaded with chaze or wiggs and since I haven't spent very much on the game I haven't had the opportunity yet at lv 64 to get those chars, although I have churrit at 15/50 and wedge at 20/80 from ships store. I also just got st han to gear 8 today, and have boba to 8. Working on farming the syringes to get lando and biggs also to gear 8, 21/100. And I'm trying to get prepared to get the emperor at six stars so i have thrown in farming pathfinder to get him to six stars by the time the event happens, currently at 3 stars and change with him. So first question is with my current arena lineup, would the addition of jyn at 4 stars, or leveling cassian and k2 from gw be of any advantage in my arena game? MY top 50 are all still level 70 or lower, and it is already completely dominated by jyn or wiggs teams. Or would continuing to work on first order be more helpful along the way? With this pack i could get Kylo to 6 stars, and gear 7 by tomorrow, I already have fost unlocked, so i could get him to 4 stars, and it would unlock phasma and I would only be 25 shards away from getting her to four stars. Maybe not good for me in arena right now, but might be helpful in gw and the challenges later on.

Second part is on ships specifically. Right now in a BRAND new ship shard, I have taken top spot 4 out of the 6 days I have had ships unlocked, never falling out of top 5. But it is a snipe fest for the top spot, and wins are not guaranteed for me against the other top 10 teams, it's all rng as we are all running similar lineups. I run ackbar since I have him developed, with biggs 2 star, 18/25. Tie fighter 2 star, ashoka 2 star, counselor 2 star 17/25, then i have clone sergeant at 1 star undeveloped since i planned on replacing him, and geno soldier at 1 star as my reinforcement. I have first order tie fighter ship at 8/10, advanced tie at 12/80, and as mentioned slave 1 at 12/80. So with it being incredibly early on in my shard, would cassian or Kylo be better for me right now AND moving forward.

I know its a lot, so anyone who takes the time to go through it I greatly appreciate it, and am really looking for some feedback as to what will help me the most overall for my 40 bucks. Thanks!

Replies

• Options
    Kylo is probably the better call. You already have some of the first order foundation plus when you get ready to do zetas kylo would be a great choice for that. I think the difference in the future is minimal and right now you have much more to gain with kylo.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Clone sergeant is your weak link in that squad. Cassian is a rebel, therefore he will have better synergy w/ your fleet. And...as always...going 1st is best.
  • MayAddy622
    298 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Poxx wrote: »
    Clone sergeant is your weak link in that squad. Cassian is a rebel, therefore he will have better synergy w/ your fleet. And...as always...going 1st is best.

I was using clone sergeant right now only because i felt he was better then the resistance fighter. The problem I see with both Kylo and cass ships with taking out clone sergeant is I only have then one ship which can lay down a target lock, tie fighter. Without biggs getting a taunt I have been pretty much screwed. Kylo ship appears to be a pretty decent turn meter manipulator too with the special abilities. But I'm thinking about reworking this while I'm still on the top to maintain viability for the long run.

Maybe Biggs, counselor, ashoka, tie fighter, Kylo/or cassian, with advanced tie as my reinforcement instead of geno? That way I get one target locker to start the match, and a dispeller, and after someone dies I get a second target locker to keep the taunts and bonuses? But the double attack from geno off the bench would be missed.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I run Rex, 5's and Clone Sergeant under Mace...so many target locks. Biggs and Ahsoka round out my 5. Boba is my 1st reinforcement that tears up target locked ppl, as does 5's special.

Ackbar provides different benefits than Mace, but there is always a give and take. For me, target lock is my priority.

Speed is another way to go. If u can make it 5v4 b4 they get a turn, u r in good shape. An enemy Ahsoka is my undoing so having a fleet commander that gives taunt is huge for me as well.