Best All-Purpose Squad for F2P

Prev1
J7Luke
484 posts Member
edited April 2017
Hi guys! I am level 73 and completely f2p. Up until this point, I have just picked characters that are good on their own and smushed them together into a team. I use that team for everything. Here it is if you want to check it out: My Team (<- click on it). I only generate enough resources to keep 5 or 6 characters leveled up as I progress. I realized that I need to pick a team that synergizes well together and then start building it now. Like I said, I can only keep 5 or 6 characters leveled up, so I can't have different teams for different things. I just need one team that does everything.

My Question: What are some really good all-purpose squads that I can unlock at level 73 without spending $? I know there is no "best" squad, but I am just looking for some of the really good ones.

Thanks in advance for the help! :)
Post edited by J7Luke on

Replies

• QuasarIngwer48
    194 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    If I was in your place, I would probably go for a squad of Rex/Jyn, Wedge, Biggs, Boba and St.Han.

I'm not sure how farmable Wedge is these days, I think his cantina node unlocks at 76 but you can grab shards on the fleet store of course.

Characters like Baze+Chirrut would be a go-to naturally. But you won't be able to get those for free in a while.

Rex, Jyn, Wedge and Biggs have huge utility on raids and arena. Wedge's lead can make galactic wars much easier with its constant heals. Boba and Han because you are using them anyway at the moment and they're beasts on the arena.
    If you're looking for an arena spot among the top 20 or 50 (don't know your shart), you might replace Rex with a second tank (RG/Baze/SF) until people get those zeta Sith and Empire teams at 80+.
    If you're buying any chromiums and pulling Shoretrooper or Baze Malbus, gear them as fast as you can.

And do farm type 5 mods. No character is worth more than some good speed mods! You need speed for raids, on arena, basically anywhere; it's been the most important stat on the game for a long time already. The speed in your mods will soon be the difference between a top 50 and a top 1000 rank on arena.
    A good team comp will not get you far in any aspect of the game if you haven't farmed mods.
  • J7Luke
    484 posts Member
    @QuasarIngwer48 Wow, thanks a million! That is super helpful! :)
  • I would level Han, Boba, chewbacca, Dengar, and one more Scoundrel. The money and training droids from the heists are very useful.

Lumi and Vader are really good.

As far as a team is concerned, you have the beginnings of a decent Empire team.
  • If-88 is a good Scoundrel.
  • IG-88. Dengar will take to long to get. Lando or Cad Bane are easier.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Furthermore, use Boba Fett as leader on your arena team instead of St Han. That's an immediate improvent. Also move your highest speed mods to either St Han or Boba. If St Han can move before the enemy, his taunt will also grant your complete team full TM so that they all move before the enemy. If he won't, but Boba can if you give him the max speed, let him have your speed mods. F.ex. the +10 speed processor on Luminara is much better used on one of those two. Thirdly focus on rey.

Farm scoundrels for credit heist, which is a good source for credits of which you need a lot to develop your roster. Especialy farm Lando since he is also a rebel and hence usable in other events.

QGJ is still a good toon from cantina shipments.

Keep farming f.ex. Rey, RG, Teebo and such from their hard nodes while you level. They can serve their purposes later. In general plan ahead, when you choose which toons to farm from which shipment.
  • J7Luke
    484 posts Member
    @Ruivussan @Waqui Thanks! I didn't even think of using Boba Fett as a leader. It is a noticeable difference already! And I also didn't think of getting that extra scoundrel. This will help a lot! :)
  • J7Luke
    484 posts Member
    @Waqui Would it be better to farm Lando from Cantina Battle 1-E or 5-F?
  • I prefer 1-E as it gives more shards per energy. I don't feel like the way extra coins are worth higher energy costs.
  • J7Luke
    484 posts Member
    @Zalastro Thanks! :)
  • My squad is comprised of free to play toons, though I do buy hard to find gear when I need it.
    Boba (L), Kylo Ren, QGJ, Aayla, and Sun Fac
  • J7Luke
    484 posts Member
    @Drazz127 Nice! I already have Boba, and I'm working on QGJ, so that is a good option for me. Thanks!
  • QuasarIngwer48
    194 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Scoundrels are always a good pick too. For Credit Heists at least. Don't go for Chewbacca though - he's a waste :#
    Lando's definitely worth it. He's a nice character and Rebel+Scoundrel.
    With Boba and St. Han that is 3 scoundrels. I'd bump some resources into IG88 and probably Cad Bane then (because he's just from GW / for Dengar you would drop those awesome guild store toons). But if you're on a guild that can beat the heroic rancor you might even just wait to unlock Han Solo.
    I wouldn't raise IG88/Dengar/Cad or anyone above gear 8 until there's another real use for them. Gear 8 will be enough for the hardest Credit Heist. ;)

Another good reason to farm Wedge, Biggs and Lando and Jyn or another rebel is you need 5 rebels for the Emperor's Demise event. Palpatine is a really nice toon, you don't want to miss him ;)
  • J7Luke
    484 posts Member
    @QuasarIngwer48 Thanks again! I've already started farming those characters you recommended.
  • You're welcome :)
    In case you get to wonder, the first toon to drop off your arena squad should be Luminara when you get a decent replacement. ;)
    Her heals seem so nice early on but it's not what you need on the arena :s
  • J7Luke
    484 posts Member
    @QuasarIngwer48 I was starting to notice that. Someone told me when I first started that she was the best healer in the game and a staple on any team, so I have been hard-core farming her. But in arena, I only get off one heal before she dies and half the time the heal buffs are dispelled before they do anything.
  • DannyB
    69 posts Member
    As boring as it is at your level rebels are probably your best bet to advance in arena, but wedge is probably the strongest leader, r1/Phoenix rebels notwithstanding (and he synergises with Biggs well). You could work on lando in cantina, pretty quick farm, finish off ackbar in arena shipments, bring Biggs up in gw and run boba under lando until you have wedge ready, along with st Han. You want the rebels for ep, ep would count as one of your empire toons for r2, then you just have to worry about the rest... plus Jedi for Yoda lol.
    You would have 3 strong scoundrels for the events (get 88 after ackbar and he's the fourth you could use, that should be enough). That's pretty much what I did around your level, but the r1 rebels weren't around and I'm working on them ATM couldn't comment really who to swap in or out, baze is unattainable and he's the must have of course! Lol
  • J7Luke
    484 posts Member
    @DannyB Thanks! I'm already working on Lando (20/80) and Biggs (3*). I have heard that Ackbar isn't that good, is it still worth going after him instead of IG-88 (I have 3 scoundrels so far)? Also, what is the best way to get Wedge? Thanks again for the advice! :)
  • DannyB
    69 posts Member
    Ackbar is useful for his cleanse, as well as his giving another toon 2 attacks if they use a special-works well with lando if you can pull off 2 aoe's, it's not a super strong squad later in the game but it would help you now. If I'm fighting a lot of aoe debuffers in arena I throw in ackbar or Rex, ackbar is also a fleet commander so it doesn't hurt to work on him (although he isn't the strongest) you are just killing a few birds with minimal grinding, wedge and Biggs have ships also...
  • J7Luke
    484 posts Member
    @DannyB Thanks!
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    @J7Luke Wedge, Biggs, and Lando will keep you competitive in Arena and help you finish Galactic War most days. My phone account is 100% F2P and at level 82 runs G9 Wedge (L), G10 Biggs, G11 Lando, G9 Boba, G11 STHan and still stays top 50 in arena and finishes GW every day.

Farm Wedge from his Cantina node. You can speed up with Fleet Shipments if you want. Use your crystals to refresh cantina energy ONLY and farm Wedge first, then Lando second.

As others have said, QGJ (I have at G9) is another good F2P toon, and you can make a solid F2P Empire team with Palpatine, Vader, Royal Guard, TFP, and Boba. I run this as my B squad (all at G8) and it is nearly as good as my Wiggs squad.

I would say ONLY farm Ackbar if you need him for the Palpatine challenge...

Here's my F2P account if you are looking for ideas!
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    Another great piece of advice is to check the Mod Shipments every time it resets, and buy Speed Arrows whenever they show up. You're going to want at least 4-5 dot speed arrows on your first squad (don't worry about what type they are).
  • J7Luke
    484 posts Member
    @Dryff Thanks a bunch! That is super helpful! :)
  • Wow, I've only just found these forums and I'm level 61 :( I started farming for lando in the late 50's, it is feeling very hard to get him via Cantina.

I'm currently also farming Boba Fett only need 8 tokens, IG-88, Rex and also Wedge.
  • Invest in boba as much as you can.
    But if wanna get to top 50, you'll need Biggs and Wiggs (L) or Baze and Chirrut in Jyn lead. Baze, chirrut and Jyn are really great. Now you can also get Cassian in Arena shipments.

I don't know how your ships are, but I definitely suggest you to invest in it. Boba, JC, Ahsoka and Biggs are great ships. You can use Ackbar or Mace capital ship, both are great. I prefer Ackbar, since I've JC, Biggs and Maul for his synergy.
  • J7Luke
    484 posts Member
    @natharas I feel your pain. I didn't find these forums until level 73, and it turns out I have been farming several characters that are no longer very useful. As far as Lando goes, I am farming him too and I managed to get 80 shards in 3 days. Here are some tips. Don't by characters packs, invest in the energy replenishment for the cantina twice a day. Instead of getting a few shards for a bunch of meh characters, you will get a ton of shards for the characters you want plus other cool stuff like Cantina currency. Also, be on the lookout for the midday free energy each day, that really helps. Farm him from battle 1-E, you will get more shards per energy that way. Lastly, if you sim the battles, do it in groups of two. I know that sound dumb, and I'm not sure if it works, but I got really good drop rates by doing that. Anyways, good luck!

@Khal4El Thanks! I've already got Boba to 7* luckily and almost to gear 9. I knew when I first unlocked him he was a gem. I'll work on Biggs and Wedge (because I don't think you can get Baze as an F2P very easily :/). Thanks for the ship advice! I am working really hard on getting a good fleet built. It is looking good so far except I haven't gotten Ahsoka's ship very leveled yet. That fleet currency is hard to come by. And I obviously haven't gotten the Slave I yet, that thing is soooo rare.
  • chaze. You can farm baze from shipments and Chirrut from fleet.
  • Khal4El wrote: »
    Invest in boba as much as you can.
    But if wanna get to top 50, you'll need Biggs and Wiggs (L) or Baze and Chirrut in Jyn lead. Baze, chirrut and Jyn are really great. Now you can also get Cassian in Arena shipments.

I don't know how your ships are, but I definitely suggest you to invest in it. Boba, JC, Ahsoka and Biggs are great ships. You can use Ackbar or Mace capital ship, both are great. I prefer Ackbar, since I've JC, Biggs and Maul for his synergy.

Thanks, I've pretty much got Boba now, down to 5 shards left for him.

I already have Biggs as well and am throwing all my GW tokens towards him.

With ships, I'm using Ackbar as capital ship, Ackbar is 6* character for me, I also use JC as well.
  • J7Luke wrote: »
    Here are some tips. Don't by characters packs, invest in the energy replenishment for the cantina twice a day. Instead of getting a few shards for a bunch of meh characters, you will get a ton of shards for the characters you want plus other cool stuff like Cantina currency. Also, be on the lookout for the midday free energy each day, that really helps. Farm him from battle 1-E, you will get more shards per energy that way. Lastly, if you sim the battles, do it in groups of two. I know that sound dumb, and I'm not sure if it works, but I got really good drop rates by doing that. Anyways, good luck!

Thanks, I will use that tip regarding the energy replinshment. I always grab the free energy as well when i can. Groups of two, I shall try that out.
This discussion has been closed.