Is this a good team for Arena?

Hello all,

I manage to keep myself in the top 100-200 in Arena most of the time using my Droid team consisting of HK (L) G10, JE G9, IG88 G10, IG86 G9 and Sun Fac G9. I know for sure that I would do much better if my team was gear 11 maxed out but i'm FTP and I'm definitely feeling the gear crunch now.

What I want to switch to is a Rex lead team G10 (almost G11) with IG88, Sun Fac, K2 G8, and Cassian G9. Cassian at the moment is 6 star but i'm 25 shards away from 7 star so he'll be 7 star in about 3 days. Would this team be viable? I've tested this comp in GW and it works very well against maxed out teams of different factions. Only thing that is holding me back is that I don;t have the best mods and wouldn't be able to give each of my arena members 60+ speed like those in the top 100 seem to have. Any ideas? Or should I just continue using my droid team and build them some more?

I'll link my swgoh.gg profile just in case someone is nice enough to take a look and see a different comp that might serve me better. https://swgoh.gg/u/thechampionbum/
Where is my kitten General Grievous rework at!!??

Replies

• Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Droids are dated and easily beatable
  • Yeah drop the droids.... and you don't need both K2 and SF. One would be good. Cassian is squishy even at higher gear levels so you need another attacker. Depending on the teams you face maybe swap in B2 who you have geared pretty decently, his dispel(Mow Down) is great just Omega it.
  • tkl
    295 posts Member
    Try Rex(L), palpatine, boba, sun fac, B2, and TFP
  • ^^^ that's six toons mate
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • tkl
    295 posts Member
    ^^^ that's six toons mate

Oops lol take out sun fac i guess
  • Saraleb wrote: »
    Droids are dated and easily beatable

I realize they're extremely dated which is why I'm replacing them lol. They still serve me extremely well in GW and raids though.
    kremzparma wrote: »
    Yeah drop the droids.... and you don't need both K2 and SF. One would be good. Cassian is squishy even at higher gear levels so you need another attacker. Depending on the teams you face maybe swap in B2 who you have geared pretty decently, his dispel(Mow Down) is great just Omega it.

The reason I wanted Cassian and K2 was for the daze. With them two, I can spread the daze around nicely since I mainly face Wiggs and Zaul teams with a full FO team here and there. B2s abilities are all omega'ed.
    tkl wrote: »
    Try Rex(L), palpatine, boba, sun fac, B2, and TFP

I could maybe try that as well. I'll have to move mods around since I have TFP geared for rancor raid.
    Where is my kitten General Grievous rework at!!??