Speculation is Empire gets you R2, but wouldn't this be cool?

Prev1
RAYRAY
2761 posts Member

The event is 7 tiers. Tier 1-4 you can use any combo of FO, Empire and Seperatists. Tier 5 you need 4 FO minimum of 5 stars, tier 6 you need 4 Seperatists Minimum of 6 stars and Tier 7 you need 5 empire with a minimum of 7 stars. Make it accessable but still something to work towards.
☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV

Replies

• I'll assume the event takes place on May the 4th already.
    If we need seperatists and first order teams, there will be no time to get them ready anymore.
    So that would mean many many people will have to wait another 3 or 4 months till it returns (palpy did so).
  • Hope not. My FO and Separatist toons are severely lacking.
  • Prepare your wallets! The devs know how to suck you dry!
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    I'll assume the event takes place on May the 4th already.
    If we need seperatists and first order teams, there will be no time to get them ready anymore.
    So that would mean many many people will have to wait another 3 or 4 months till it returns (palpy did so).
    Omeah wrote: »
    The other two event - which are presumed to be the same - use only one faction, so no.

So, make it something to work towards for newer players. Just like when Yoda came out the first time, not everyone had 5 maxed Jedi. The game is significantly older now. We have had raids for months that require a large roster and its not like the parameters I put out are difficutl to attain.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    RAYRAY wrote: »

The event is 7 tiers. Tier 1-4 you can use any combo of FO, Empire and Seperatists. Tier 5 you need 4 FO minimum of 5 stars, tier 6 you need 4 Seperatists Minimum of 6 stars and Tier 7 you need 5 empire with a minimum of 7 stars. Make it accessable but still something to work towards.

Are you working for CG ? :smile: You want us to invest in FO, Separatist AND Empire ! Too many resources for a lot of people imo and for a single toon.

R2 is mainly associated to the original movies where there was no resistance, FO, clones. R2 main threat was Empire, so it should be that.

Playing 3 different factions for a toon will keep R2 for a kind of elite.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Omeah wrote: »
    The other two event - which are presumed to be the same - use only one faction, so no.

Yup. It's been a while since we had one of these, and it's likely the same format. If it's not a new event type entirely. I've got 4 arena worthy Empire toons at 7*/gear 10-11 ready to go, and a 7*/gear 8 Tarkin to come along for the ride.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    BulYwif wrote: »

Are you working for CG ? :smile: You want us to invest in FO, Separatist AND Empire ! Too many resources for a lot of people imo and for a single toon.

R2 is mainly associated to the original movies where there was no resistance, FO, clones. R2 main threat was Empire, so it should be that.

Playing 3 different factions for a toon will keep R2 for a kind of elite.

Good. He has all of those tags for a reason and has been a part of the entire franchise so far. requiring 3-4 5-6 stars FO or Seperatists isn't much of a requirement or that difficult. R2 will need to be a carrot, to get people to expand their rosters (and spend money).
  • First Order could actually make sense. They're hunting for R2 because he has a map to Luke Skywalker. Especially since he's rumoured to be coming soon.
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    It's empire. Placing the empire faction pass with multiple packs in the store of the characters you need a week before the event is no accident.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    It's empire. Placing the empire faction pass with multiple packs in the store of the characters you need a week before the event is no accident.

I will concede that this is most likely. I just think they have an opporunity to be more creative than that.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    edited April 2017
    You should need Leia, Anakin, Luke farmer, old Ben, and then they grant you R2. I'd be screwed, spent no time on old ben.
  • I think it'd be hilarious if they made it jawas to unlock. Just to throw us for a loop
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    How big would the uproar be if it was Rebels again (especially R1 Rebels!)
  • wow.

Personally R1 isn't that bad... it'll be quite enjoyable imo to see all the f2ps cry and wail:P
  • Jawas would make sense! They had them captured! :smiley:
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    idk if that'd be cool man....
  • i'm about 80% sure it will NOT be a Yoda/Palp style event...

Why ? because at this point in time, most players have most factions farmed, so this type of event doesn't benefit EA much.
    It was beneficial early on, when everyone had few toons, so the event would get people to spend to farm up a whole faction, so they can get the event toon.

Knowing EA, they won't benefit nearly enough from this type of event anymore. So i expect something else. Or like the OP said, multiple factions needed. Everyone and their dog has a full Empire squad, there's just no way it's going to be that easy.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Na, it requires:
    5x 7* Republican for Tier I
    5x 7* Rebels for Tier II
    5x 7* Resistance for Tier III
    5x 7* Empire for Tier IV
    5x 7* Clones for Tier V
    5x 7* Nightsisters for Tier VI
    5x 7* Tusken for Tier VII
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • None of everything mentionned. They said that they will a new game mode. Now they annonce R2.
    1+1=2
    R2 reward of the new game mode.
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    hahaha Jawas! Yes!
  • RAYRAY wrote: »

Hell no. We didn't need Jedi to unlock EP since he has the Sith tag after all. It will be Empire only but they will do something like you need 6 toons instead of 5 just so you have to invest in another empire toon that most people will not have.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member

Hell no. We didn't need Jedi to unlock EP since he has the Sith tag after all. It will be Empire only but they will do something like you need 6 toons instead of 5 just so you have to invest in another empire toon that most people will not have.

At this point in the game, I think most will have 6 empire characters close to ready if not maxed. I suppose though that a lot went the rebel route so maybe I am wrong.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    NinFang wrote: »
    i'm about 80% sure it will NOT be a Yoda/Palp style event...

Why ? because at this point in time, most players have most factions farmed, so this type of event doesn't benefit EA much.
    It was beneficial early on, when everyone had few toons, so the event would get people to spend to farm up a whole faction, so they can get the event toon.

Knowing EA, they won't benefit nearly enough from this type of event anymore. So i expect something else. Or like the OP said, multiple factions needed. Everyone and their dog has a full Empire squad, there's just no way it's going to be that easy.

You assume that the player base is only people who started near launch. There are plenty left from that time period. But more players are added every day as older players sometimes quit. Our guild has a few old guard players, and many who have started in more recent months.

There is a huge pool of brand new players eager to buy a few Empire packs to get ready for such an event. Even some OG players who can do the event may want to grab some value packs associated with it. Some long time players STILL didn't have Savage, or Dooku (I personally never got around to finishing Dooku), and grabbed their packs when the Sith were reworked.

Also, getting a free toon from such an event will be one more toon that needs to be geared up. It may require gearing up toons we have shards for, but haven't developed. Gear is a big money maker. And any new content keeps players engaged, and active increasing the possibility they keep playing. And if they keep playing then they might spend more in the future. So there are plenty of reasons why such an event is good for us, AND profitable for them.

Also, the devs have said point blank in print that there WILL be some special toons released that way. So.... there's that.
  • xpxnx
    73 posts Member
    Achilles wrote: »
    Na, it requires:
    5x 7* Republican for Tier I

Trump, Pence, Gingrich, Bush, and Sarah Palin all dressed like stormtroopers
  • Moicaliss wrote: »
    None of everything mentionned. They said that they will a new game mode. Now they annonce R2.
    1+1=2
    R2 reward of the new game mode.

Actually, the announcement was that a new game mode would be coming at some point later on (i.e., not immediately after the convention). Also, the release cadence thread indicated there would be some Palp/Yoda style releases.
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    I'm with a couple others here. It should require Jawas. No one else captured R2.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    If true about Empire, I'm set. Zader, EP, TFP, GMT, and Mamgatrooper all at 7* and at minimum G8.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Empire is 3rd largest faction.
    Clones and Jedi - would be republic tag.
    Jawas would be really cool but I doubt it.
    If it's a mix of rebel/res the forums will demand blood.
  • Jawas!